Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon?

+4
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
kingstonlake
8 posters

Go down

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Empty Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon?

Post by kingstonlake Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 9:22

I'd really like to view the debate on the subject. Usually we get a thread started on any cop murdering an innocent victim and the riots that ensue afterwards. It takes only a minute or two for the thread to be posted and the debate begins. Thanks in advance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Empty Re: Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon?

Post by DWags Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:22

kingstonlake wrote:I'd really like to view the debate on the subject. Usually we get a thread started on any cop murdering an innocent victim and the riots that ensue afterwards. It takes only a minute or two for the thread to be posted and the debate begins. Thanks in advance.

My sense is you're angry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Empty Re: Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:25

What's there to debate? If he was actually innocent then it was wrong and the cop should be prosecuted. The problem is that he was white, so you aren't there to defend the cop like you normally would be.

No one to argue with.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What's there to debate? If he was actually innocent then it was wrong and the cop should be prosecuted. The problem is that he was white, so you aren't there to defend the cop like you normally would be.

No one to argue with.

This is a great observation. I guess the victim would have to be black for the shooting to have racial hysteria

Thanks for playing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:49

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What's there to debate? If he was actually innocent then it was wrong and the cop should be prosecuted. The problem is that he was white, so you aren't there to defend the cop like you normally would be.

No one to argue with.

This is a great observation. I guess the victim would have to be black for the shooting to have racial hysteria

Thanks for playing.

You're trying to act like there's some double standard, but my stance is exactly the same on this situation as it is with the others. Yours is the one that's changing. So, tell me guy, why is your attitude about this situation different than it is with the others?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 11:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Thanks for playing.

You're trying to act like there's some double standard, but my stance is exactly the same on this situation as it is with the others. Yours is the one that's changing. So, tell me guy, why is your attitude about this situation different than it is with the others?

It's not changing. I'm observing and commenting on fact.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 11:49

Poor oppressed white men.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 11:51

He was white so the faux outrage will be non existent on this one.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 11:56

kingstonlake wrote:

Sure.

Anyway, in answer to your question it really is as simple as everyone agrees in this case. Arguing isn't very fun when everyone just agrees. Typically you guys are begging to give the cop a promotion when they murder a citizen. Still not sure why you don't feel that way this time. But whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:38

This thread makes zero sense to me, but then again my life doesn't revolve around a certain political party like a lot of you here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:41

This thread gave me AIDS
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread gave me AIDS

No that was me. I've been meaning to call you about that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This thread gave me AIDS

No that was me. I've been meaning to call you about that.

You're gonna die.

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Latest?cb=20121205194057
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:46

so are you.

.Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Hunting-knife-1

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:48

You gonna stab me with your dirt dick? Gaylord.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You gonna stab me with your dirt dick? Gaylord.

I'm going to stab you with a knife. In your face.

I'd stab you somewhere else on your gigantic body, but short of getting a machete, no knife is going to be big enough to get through the all of your fat and get to the squishy parts. So face it is.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:53

gHost Spartan wrote:It cracks me up that these pussies are all upset about that dude getting blown away by the pigs. When you take over federal property using weapons, threaten violence, almost run over an FBI agent while speeding down the freeway and failing to stop for a roadblock, then get out and reach in your pocket - yeah, expect to get blown away. Then the remaining guys are like "Well, we'll leave but as long as you don't arrest us" what a bunch of pussies. Sack the fuck up and do your jail time. YOu've deprived citizens of their right to use that property and cost the state and local government millions with your attention whoring. Fuck them.

I hope they at least get participation trophies.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You gonna stab me with your dirt dick? Gaylord.

I'd stab you somewhere else on your gigantic body, but short of getting a machete, no knife is going to be big enough to get through the all of your fat and get to the squishy parts. So face it is.

This is just what a fatty would say. Good luck not losing a foot, diabetic.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:56

Im reading a book today called "The Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglas" . Should be a good read as he was the powerful and influential black of his time. As Thomas Jefferson said, "An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." I wish you guys would do your part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This is just what a fatty would say. Good luck not losing a foot, diabetic.

Fat joke in reply to a fat joke. Way to be clever. Lololollolll
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 12:58

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Im reading a book today called "The Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglas" .  Should be a good read as he was the powerful and influential black of his time.  As Thomas Jefferson said, "An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people."  I wish you guys would do your part.

Ballers don't read books.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 13:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Im reading a book today called "The Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglas" .  Should be a good read as he was the powerful and influential black of his time.  As Thomas Jefferson said, "An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people."  I wish you guys would do your part.

I'm transitioning my priorities in life and reaching higher. I would ask you all reach higher as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 13:05

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm transitioning my priorities in life and reaching higher.  I would ask you all reach higher as well.

Could someone bump that thread about cops shooting that white dude in Oregon? Penn-st-michigan-st-112815-c
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 13:35

Bump
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 14:02

kingstonlake wrote:

Sure.

Anyway, in answer to your question it really is as simple as everyone agrees in this case. Arguing isn't very fun when everyone just agrees. Typically you guys are begging to give the cop a promotion when they murder a citizen. Still not sure why you don't feel that way this time. But whatever.

I look at situations like this on a case by case basis. I'm not a monolithic thinker. Not sure he warrants a promotion. To me its just weird that when a reasonable debate can be made as to whether the cop overreacted, it a real quite debate if the victim doesn't match a certain profile.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 30 Jan 2016 - 16:03

Shit does happen to innocent black kids a lot. Then again, there is a ton of not so innocent black kids who are a legitimate threat in urban areas. These kids refuse to take part in community programs designed to give those in need a boost and direction to help themselves.

There's the problem. Cops will profile people who fit the appearance of being in gangs. As you would or I would. Unfortunately a stressed out cop makes bad decisions sometimes.

I wouldn't want that job, and I don't have any answers to this problem. I do know there is righteous anger on both sides of this. Those who are pissed because black kids are targeted and those who are pissef because black communities sometime make way too much over what ends up being a proper shooting.

Fuck it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down