Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

+22
AvgMSUJoe
Banks2Mason
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
Da Mayor
MattyFresh
The Pantry
DWags
Tim Wakefield
Dendrobates
Space Lord
CheesySpartan
TheReal_LWS
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
tGreenWay
steveschneider
tanfan!
Gomer
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

Post by The Pantry 2020-01-29, 15:35

Banks2Mason wrote:
DWags wrote:

374 bucks back then was a shit load. But return on investment is insane.

watches are stupid, just fyi
Agree. Now, with cell phones, they are just bling. I hate wearing bling. Have a gold necklace and bracelet the wyff bought me. Think I wore them once in the 30 years I've had them. Looking for a place that buys gold.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-01-30, 11:07

The Pantry wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

watches are stupid, just fyi
Agree. Now, with cell phones, they are just bling. I hate wearing bling. Have a gold necklace and bracelet the wyff bought me. Think I wore them once in the 30 years I've had them. Looking for a place that buys gold.

Tethered to a watch or tethered to a cell phone, hmmm, let me think a minute about which I would prefer.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-30, 13:12

My watch battery died. Haven’t gotten it replaced. It’s a decent watch. I prefer it to pulling out my phone to check the time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 13:29

How do people not know the fucking time within 15 minutes in the year 2020? Cars radios TVs computers phones. No way you need a watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-30, 14:12

DWags wrote:How do people not know the fucking time within 15 minutes in the year 2020? Cars radios TVs computers phones. No way you need a watch.

Mrs. GreenWay is pushing me to wear her hand me down iWatch, since she just got the newest version. She loves hers. I haven’t worn a watch since getting a smart phone. I think she wants me wearing one because they do an excellent job of monitoring the wearer’s health stats and (I think) and alert the wearer if something like a stroke or heart attack is coming on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 14:15

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:How do people not know the fucking time within 15 minutes in the year 2020? Cars radios TVs computers phones. No way you need a watch.

Mrs. GreenWay is pushing me to wear her hand me down iWatch, since she just got the newest version. She loves hers. I haven’t worn a watch since getting a smart phone. I think she wants me wearing one because they do an excellent job of monitoring the wearer’s health stats and (I think) and alert the wearer if something like a stroke or heart attack is coming on.

Why would she want to know that about you? Like she really cares?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-01-30, 14:29

You need to get outside once in a while.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 14:38

Jake from State Farm wrote:

. Get on my bike, I ride listening to music. From! My phone. Get in my car to go to a game. Clock in the car. I’m at the game watching. Game starts at 7:00. Halftime of b-ball about 8:10-8:30. No watch needed. We go to cut down Christmas tree. Leave truck glance at car clock. 10:30!am. Go in Blake’s orchard wait for an 11:00 o’clock wagon ride. I know about what time it is out there within 15-20 minutes. On a hike I’ll always have a phone with me. Fully charged. Beach in the summer? Who the fuck cares what time it is. Help me out. Where do I need a watch?

Last edited by DWags on 2020-01-30, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-30, 14:40

I often am not around a clock and have to pull my phone out to see the time. I would prefer not to that. You’d think a boomer would understand...
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-30, 14:40

I could use a good wall clock.. maybe an oaken clock with a heavily-patina'd bronze presence.

they have something like that??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 14:42

Rocinante wrote:

I often am not around a clock and have to pull my phone out to see the time. I would prefer not to that. You’d think a boomer would understand...

Ok millennial. JFC. You damn well know you can guess the time within 15 minutes. Fucker. Now get off my lawn.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-01-30, 14:44

Aren't watches more of a status symbol or fashion accessory these days?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-30, 14:45

I’m a solid gen xer wags. You greatest generation parent having son of a bitch.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-30, 14:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Aren't watches more of a status symbol or fashion accessory these days?
no way I could not wear a watch.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-30, 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Aren't watches more of a status symbol or fashion accessory these days?
no way I could not wear a watch.

So sayeth the board hillbilly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-30, 15:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could use a good wall clock.. maybe an oaken clock with a heavily-patina'd bronze presence.

they have something like that??

I want one of those authentic Russian navy sub wall clocks. All the better if it says CCCP on it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-30, 16:54

I used to feel naked without a watch (even when I was naked, I would wear a watch). I was never into real fancy watches, but it probably dated back to high school or college, and wanting to know how much time before whatever boring ass class was over. Then my band on my main watch broke, and my back up had a dead battery, so I started going without. After a few days I got used to it enough that I never bothered to fix the band on the one or replace the battery on the other.

The dead battery one is an MSU watch, so it goes well with my MSU hats, shirts, shorts, underwear, socks, and flip flops, but sadly I don't have enough occasions where I need to septuple bill like I used to.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-30, 17:49

Septuple Bill Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-01-30, 18:04

DWags wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

. Get on my bike, I ride listening to music. From! My phone. Get in my car to go to a game. Clock in the car. I’m at the game watching. Game starts at 7:00. Halftime of b-ball about 8:10-8:30. No watch needed. We go to cut down Christmas tree. Leave truck glance at car clock. 10:30!am. Go in Blake’s orchard wait for an 11:00 o’clock wagon ride. I know about what time it is out there within 15-20 minutes. On a hike I’ll always have a phone with me. Fully charged. Beach in the summer? Who the fuck cares what time it is. Help me out. Where do I need a watch?

Well like I said, you can be tethered to watch or tethered to a phone. I prefer to not let google or apple track me 24 hours a day in order to send me advertisements or whatever else they do with the info. With a watch you don't have to worry about it. But then again, it's your choice.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-30, 18:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:I used to feel naked without a watch (even when I was naked, I would wear a watch).  I was never into real fancy watches, but it probably dated back to high school or college, and wanting to know how much time before whatever boring ass class was over.  Then my band on my main watch broke, and my back up had a dead battery, so I started going without.  After a few days I got used to it enough that I never bothered to fix the band on the one or replace the battery on the other.  

The dead battery one is an MSU watch, so it goes well with my MSU hats, shirts, shorts, underwear, socks, and flip flops, but sadly I don't have enough occasions where I need to septuple bill like I used to.
I wear my Timex Ironman watch when working out, sleeping, etc.

Otherwise, I have a couple of nice watches that don't look nice. I dont need to be lookin' like some Gudio.

I have a Shinola my wife bought me.. That has a more rugged look. Then a Maranez that has a good (forced) patina on it. Almost looks like it's been at the bottom of the ocean in a treasure chest.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-30, 18:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:I used to feel naked without a watch (even when I was naked, I would wear a watch). I was never into real fancy watches, but it probably dated back to high school or college, and wanting to know how much time before whatever boring ass class was over. Then my band on my main watch broke, and my back up had a dead battery, so I started going without. After a few days I got used to it enough that I never bothered to fix the band on the one or replace the battery on the other.

Please keep descriptions of your Tinder profile photo out of your posts. This is a family forum, not Penthouse Forum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-30, 18:17

Need a ruling. Are you naked if you have a watch on?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-01-30, 19:19

DWags wrote:Need a ruling. Are you naked if you have a watch on?

Only if you're wearing it on your cock.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-30, 19:30

if anyone has one of those calculator watches from the 80s sitting around, i'd love to make an offer
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-30, 20:46

Wait... I got an MSU watch that plays the fight song that I forgot about. Battery is dead. Used to go off at inopportune times though.
Pretty cool otherwise..
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-01-30, 21:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote: I dont need to be lookin' like some Gudio.
You realize that's racist, correct?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-31, 06:04

The Pantry wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I dont need to be lookin' like some Gudio.
I'd say that it's more culturally insensitive than anything.

If it makes you feel better, I don't like white people.

Hope that's okay with you. Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-31, 07:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Hope that's okay with you. Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 502811600

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 Images13

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-31, 08:02

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Anyone else like watching Antiques Roadshow? - Page 4 Images13

'sup, G.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-31, 08:03

do they sell rocking chairs on this show?

and, if so, do they deliver to the greater metropolitan Mio area??

#AskingForAFriend

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-18, 15:07

[tw]1582446463308926976[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-18, 15:32

AR almost never disappoints, including the repeats airing late at night where they include the old value and the current +/- value, as noted above.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-18, 18:16

They had a guy on with a Selmar Mark VI from the mid 1960's and the value was about $6k, which is correct.

It had almost perfect lacquer, which is hard to find, usually only one owner horns, and only owners who do not sweat in their hands, which this was, which were not played all that much, and typically means the horn has been relacquered, which greatly lowers its value.

I have a couple of these horns, both of which look like crap, and which sax players look at and start lusting for, as they know they are original.

While I sure in general the appraisers know their stuff I was not impressed with this guy, as he should have known that horns with patina are more desirable and noted that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-18, 20:16

Trapper Gus wrote:They had a guy on with a Selmar Mark VI from the mid 1960's and the value was about $6k, which is correct.

It had almost perfect lacquer, which is hard to find, usually only one owner horns, and only owners who do not sweat in their hands, which this was, which were not played all that much, and typically means the horn has been relacquered, which greatly lowers its value.

I have a couple of these horns, both of which look like crap, and which sax players look at and start lusting for, as they know they are original.

While I sure in general the appraisers know their stuff I was not impressed with this guy, as he should have known that horns with patina are more desirable and noted that.

This is a very similar argument I use when trying to pick up college women as I walk my dog on Grand River Avenue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-19, 09:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:They had a guy on with a Selmar Mark VI from the mid 1960's and the value was about $6k, which is correct.

This is a very similar argument I use when trying to pick up college women as I walk my dog on Grand River Avenue.

If you were a saxophone, they could blow a few notes and know immediately.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4