Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season

+18
tanfan!
duffy munn
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
SaltineSofa
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
The_Dude
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Vlad
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season Empty A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:07

A playoff team couldn't sign enough players to fill a class?? Other than Corley's commitment, not much good happened down the stretch. I know our coaches sent out that tweet in early Dec about not being able to recruit because they were preparing for the BTTG, but I didn't realize that they weren't planning to ever come back from Indy.

And for those who follow stars and rankings (let's face it, who doesn't?), our class is currently out of the top 20, and falling.

Biggest concerns for me:
1.  Where's the beef on the OL?
2.  With the loss of Robertson and questions around Jones and Evans...hmm...
3.  No RB (not that we necessarily needed one this year, but you gotta get at least one RB is each class)

[And a preemptive FU to Death Roe]

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-02-03, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season Empty Re: A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season

Post by Giant Moose 2016-02-03, 13:08

In B4 Death Roe.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season Empty Re: A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-03, 13:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: by WhiteBoyHatcher Today at 9:53 am
Would be fun to watch the meltdown on the Bunker and the 247 site but my day is about to get hella busy. I'm sure there are going tobe some dudes panicking. In fact I'm sure Vlad is going to start a thread today here and have some good convos with the Dude.
Nailed it. A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 1486952199
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-03, 13:10

Vlad wrote:A playoff team couldn't sign enough players to fill a class?? Other than Corley's commitment, not much good happened down the stretch. I know our coaches sent out that tweet in early Dec about not being able to recruit because they were preparing for the BTTG, but I didn't realize that they weren't planning to ever come back from Indy.

And for those who follow stars and rankings (let's face it, who doesn't?), our class is currently out of the top 20, and falling.

Biggest concerns for me:
1.  Where's the beef on the OL?
2.  With the loss of Robertson and questions around Jones and Evans...hmm...
3.  No RB (not that we necessarily needed one this year, but you gotta get at least one RB is each class)

[And a preemptive FU to Death Roe]
remember.. some folks here aren't really supportive of opinions different from their own.

carry on.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-03, 13:12

I don't follow recruiting, I thought we had a top 10 class?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-02-03, 13:12

4 OL isn't enough?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-03, 13:12

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote: by WhiteBoyHatcher Today at 9:53 am
Would be fun to watch the meltdown on the Bunker and the 247 site but my day is about to get hella busy. I'm sure there are going tobe some dudes panicking. In fact I'm sure Vlad is going to start a thread today here and have some good convos with the Dude.
Nailed it. A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 1486952199

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 1494614055
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-03, 13:13

Dude. John L Smith isn't our coach anymore. Get over your self-hatred and expectations of failure.

It's bad for your heart.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:14

steveschneider wrote:I don't follow recruiting, I thought we had a top 10 class?

Yeah, we did...back in June.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-03, 13:14

Is Robertson a loss? He still has a decent shot to end up at MSU I think.

Lack of a speed RB is the real only concern.

However, yeah...MSU has extra schollies that weren't used this year. After our huge year thought we would have them all spoken for.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-03, 13:16

Tim Wakefield wrote:4 OL isn't enough?

Fuck you and your facts - we should have taken 16 OL.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:16

Tim Wakefield wrote:4 OL isn't enough?

Their measurables aren't enough.

Yeah, I know....Mannie, but are these the type of kids who're going to protect our QB against the Bamas of the football world? Doubtful.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-03, 13:16

Vlad wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I don't follow recruiting, I thought we had a top 10 class?

And EVERYONE then cautioned it would not remain a Top 10 class because of the size of the class. Conveniently forgotten now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:17

The_Dude wrote:Is Robertson a loss? He still has a decent shot to end up at MSU I think.

Lack of a speed RB is the real only concern.

However, yeah...MSU has extra schollies that weren't used this year. After our huge year thought we would have them all spoken for.

Robertson said he is "opening up" his recruitment (like a guy facing charges had many other options)...I'd say we have no better than a 15% chance of seeing him in green.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote:

And EVERYONE then cautioned it would not remain a Top 10 class because of the size of the class.   Conveniently forgotten now.

I'm not concerned about a top 10 finish. Wasn't expecting it, the way things were unfolding down the stretch. More concerned with lack of quality and numbers, especially on the OL where we still need to upgrade a lot. And now the DL too.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-02-03, 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-02-03, 13:19

Vlad would drive 200 miles out of his way for a cloudy day and pee on a birthday cake.

Never seen anyone enjoy being miserable.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:21

GRR Spartan wrote:Vlad would drive 200 miles out of his way for a cloudy day and pee on a birthday cake.

Never seen anyone enjoy being miserable.

If I'm driving that far to pee on someone's birthday cake, do you really think a few clouds are gonna stop me?? C'mon man!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-03, 13:22

In.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-03, 13:23

I don't really care.

"We have to recruit better to compete with UofM and OSU"

Sincerely,
Every recruiting fuck the past 6 years
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:25

Just surprising as fuck that one of 4 playoff teams in the entire country couldn't manage to fill a recruiting class. A bit embarrassing actually.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-02-03, 13:28

Vlad wrote:Just surprising as fuck that one of 4 playoff teams in the entire country couldn't manage to fill a recruiting class. A bit embarrassing actually.
Your hyperbole is hilarious. A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-03, 13:29

Vlad wrote: More concerned with lack of quality and numbers, especially on the OL where we still need to upgrade a lot. And now the DL too.

Lack of quality? OK - this ignores that we signed the highest ranked recruits of the Dantonio era.

Lack of numbers? How many did you want to sign? 30? 40? I show right now we're still 1 scholarship OVER the limit and that's assuming Sweat is gone which may not be true. So you would need to name which current players you'd like to kick to the curb to sign some "beefy" snot nosed HS kids.

OL and DL? We signed 4OL and 4DL. How many do you feel should be in each class? What position do we cut out to sign those additional lineman?

Rather than your generalized bitching and moaning I'd love to see specific answers.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-03, 13:29

Vlad wrote:Just surprising as fuck that one of 4 playoff teams in the entire country couldn't manage to fill a recruiting class. A bit embarrassing actually.

Embarrassing? Get a grip, guy. A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 502811600

Sad life when you feel embarrassed about a college football recruiting class.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-03, 13:30

So being over the scholarship limit is somehow not filling a class? Jeezus don't let facts get in the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Embarrassing? Get a grip, guy. A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 502811600

In a football context, not in a general life context. (Remember, it's just sports, and yes, this is a bit embarrassing in a sports sense.)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-02-03, 13:33

LooseGoose wrote:
Vlad wrote: More concerned with lack of quality and numbers, especially on the OL where we still need to upgrade a lot. And now the DL too.

Lack of quality? OK - this ignores that we signed the highest ranked recruits of the Dantonio era.

Lack of numbers? How many did you want to sign? 30? 40? I show right now we're still 1 scholarship OVER the limit and that's assuming Sweat is gone which may not be true. So you would need to name which current players you'd like to kick to the curb to sign some "beefy" snot nosed HS kids.

OL and DL? We signed 4OL and 4DL. How many do you feel should be in each class? What position do we cut out to sign those additional lineman?

Rather than your generalized bitching and moaning I'd love to see specific answers.

What he said. Vlad is coming across as a total uninformed loser here
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:34

LooseGoose wrote:

So being over the scholarship limit is somehow not filling a class?  Jeezus don't let facts get in the way.

Maybe you and I were following different recruiting seasons, but weren't we looking to sign an additional 3 to 4 players today??

Don't ask me about oversigning dude, that's a question for MD.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-02-03, 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-02-03, 13:34

Also, I lost track but who was injured last season that will be returning next year? Feel like we have a great shot at competing in the Big 10 east next year.

Looks like UofM had a huge haul, but when don't they? Will be fun to beat them again in Spartan Stadium.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:35

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More likely that I'm saying what you're thinking and feeling right now. But whatever.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-03, 13:40

Vlad wrote:

In a football context, not in a general life context. (Remember, it's just sports, and yes, this is a bit embarrassing in a sports sense.)

I still think it's sad in a football context. It's high school football players. Again, get a grip.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-03, 13:42

The best recruiting class since who knows when = embarrassing. I would expect nothing less from you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-03, 13:45

Vlad wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

More likely that I'm saying what you're thinking and feeling right now. But whatever.

See, this is where you fail constantly. Not everyone, hell hardly anyone thinks like you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SaltineSofa 2016-02-03, 13:46

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So being over the scholarship limit is somehow not filling a class?  Jeezus don't let facts get in the way.

Maybe you and I were following different recruiting seasons, but weren't we looking to sign an additional 3 to 4 players today??

So the answer is that you have clue what you're pissing and moaning about. You saw people doing it elsewhere and decided to join the chorus, facts be damned.

There were players they would have found room for - they were NOT looking to fill a class. Different situations
SaltineSofa
SaltineSofa
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:47

Vlad wrote:

I still think it's sad in a football context. It's high school football players. Again, get a grip.

Sorry to disappoint you. Will strive to do better.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-03, 13:47

Vlad wrote:

No you won't.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-03, 13:48

Vlad wrote:

Hi otpt. Would you like to turn this thread into a thread about chipmunks with me? Here's a good one to get you started.

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 969765-chipmunk4
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-03, 13:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Hi otpt. Would you like to turn this thread into a thread about chipmunks with me? Here's a good one to get you started.

Hi Travis. How many nuts do you think a chipmunk could fit in those cheeks? More or less than Vlad?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:50

SaltineSofa wrote:
Vlad wrote:

So the answer is that you have clue what you're pissing and moaning about. You saw people doing it elsewhere and decided to join the chorus, facts be damned.

There were players they would have found room for - they were NOT looking to fill a class. Different situations

Good one! That's what we say when those SEC teams sign 30 players to a class, right?? lol!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-02-03, 13:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Vlad wrote:

No you won't.

You're right. No intentions to do so.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-02-03, 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-03, 13:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

A pretty disappointing end to a good recruiting season 969765-chipmunk4

I bet you love eating chipmunks, hillbilly.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next