Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles?

+3
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Giant Moose
7 posters

Go down

Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? Empty Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles?

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:42 am

2010: Kalin Lucas ruptures Achilles against them in the tourney -- MSU still makes it to Final Four but ultimately loses
2015: Connor Cook injures shoulder against them and is never really the same -- MSU still makes CFP but ultimately loses

F the Terps.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? Empty Re: Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles?

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 am

Giant Moose wrote:2010: Kalin Lucas ruptures Achilles against them in the tourney -- MSU still makes it to Final Four but ultimately loses
2015: Connor Cook injures shoulder against them and is never really the same -- MSU still makes CFP but ultimately loses

F the Terps.

No, Tom Izzo cost us those two titles. Don't you remember?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? Empty Re: Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles?

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 am

tGreenWay wrote:No, Tom Izzo cost us those two titles. Don't you remember?
He was at both of those games. Hmm...maybe he really is the problem. Let's have Jud coach basketball Final Fours and attend CFPs. Izzo is no longer allowed.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:31 am

Giant Moose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:No, Tom Izzo cost us those two titles. Don't you remember?
He was at both of those games. Hmm...maybe he really is the problem. Let's have Jud coach basketball Final Fours and attend CFPs. Izzo is no longer allowed.

I think I have figured out your schtick but I'm going to ask you a question anyway.

How long have you been a Spartan ? If you go back to pre-Izzo, times were not so good. When he is gone, I fear it will go back to not so good. Like maybe an occasional sweet 16.

Basically, I bet you would be much happier if you just enjoyed the ride and appreciated the final fours.

You may now go back to your repetitive schtick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:33 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I think I have figured out your schtick but I'm going to ask you a question anyway.

How long have you been a Spartan ? If you go back to pre-Izzo, times were not so good. When he is gone, I fear it will go back to not so good. Like maybe an occasional sweet 16.

Basically, I bet you would be much happier if you just enjoyed the ride and appreciated the final fours.

You are the same dude who criticized MSU legend Duffy Daugherty. Maybe you should have enjoyed him a little more? Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 1494614055
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:38 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You are the same dude who criticized MSU legend Duffy Daugherty. Maybe you should have enjoyed him a little more? Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 1494614055

I was 9 years old when he retired. And , shockingly, you didn't answer my question. Schticks rarely do.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:41 am

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I was 9 years old when he retired. And , shockingly, you didn't answer my question. Schticks rarely do.
Why would I give out personal information to a stalker? Maybe I should give my social security # and bank account to a Nigerian prince, too.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:55 am

Fuck the turtle!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:56 am

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Why would I give out personal information to a stalker? Maybe I should give my social security # and bank account to a Nigerian prince, too.
Personal information. Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 502811600 He asks how long you've been a Spartan, not your address. You really are a schtick. bounce
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 am

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Personal information. Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 502811600 He asks how long you've been a Spartan, not your address. You really are a schtick. bounce
Spartans are chosen by God before we are born. I have been a Spartan for all eternity.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen looks like we have identified a new green seat mafia member! !
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen looks like we have identified a new green seat mafia member! !
Yup, that's me. Good call. Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 1837840279
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Spartans are chosen by God before we are born. I have been a Spartan for all eternity.
It'd be pretty difficult to say you've been a Spartan for 16 years. Doesn't really matter though, you just enjoy pushing buttons. You and Bob should see who can be the most repetitive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:12 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
It'd be pretty difficult to say you've been a Spartan for 16 years. Doesn't really matter though, you just enjoy pushing buttons. You and Bob should see who can be the most repetitive.
Whether I have been a Spartan for one day or one million days, I don't really see duffy's point. If his point was that I may be young and didn't see enough of Jud so I can't criticize Izzo then it makes no sense because he was young for Duffy Daugherty and still criticized him.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Whether I have been a Spartan for one day or one million days, I don't really see duffy's point. If his point was that I may be young and didn't see enough of Jud so I can't criticize Izzo then it makes no sense because he was young for Duffy Daugherty and still criticized him.
Then you are completely missing his point, or I'm missing his point. Basically, MSU has it really good right now. It is seriously the golden age of MSU athletics. If you can't enjoy it now, you aren't going to enjoy it. Replacing what Izzo has done for close to 20 years isn't going to be replicated by anyone who replaces him. MSU is going to miss out on even making the tournament, let alone making it out of the first weekend on a consistent basis. Does it suck to make it so close without winning it all, yup, but its a pretty damn decent consolation prize. So criticize and make fun of Izzo for not winning it all, when there are hundreds of schools that would be happy to have him on their sideline, because once he's gone, this ride, most likely is done.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Then you are completely missing his point, or I'm missing his point. Basically, MSU has it really good right now. It is seriously the golden age of MSU athletics. If you can't enjoy it now, you aren't going to enjoy it. Replacing what Izzo has done for close to 20 years isn't going to be replicated by anyone who replaces him. MSU is going to miss out on even making the tournament, let alone making it out of the first weekend on a consistent basis. Does it suck to make it so close without winning it all, yup, but its a pretty damn decent consolation prize. So criticize and make fun of Izzo for not winning it all, when there are hundreds of schools that would be happy to have him on their sideline, because once he's gone, this ride, most likely is done.
This era needs a little perspective is what I am saying. We have gotten to the point where we glamorize these Final Fours a little too much instead of the ultimate goal of actually winning the whole damn thing.

MSU won one national title in 19 years of Jud and another national title in 20 years with Izzo. We can't replicate 1 national title in 20 years with whoever is next? I don't think that's impossible. Hell, maybe the next guy can win 2 national titles in 20 years.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Get used to it. You're officially on diffys shit list. Hell this week I said our football team 2 years ago was the best in the land and he disagreed. Dude is the ultimate tool
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Giant Moose wrote:2010: Kalin Lucas ruptures Achilles against them in the tourney -- MSU still makes it to Final Four but ultimately loses

F the Terps.
if it wasn't the officials or Delaney.. or the Blue Wall.. or ESPN.. I would suspect Maryland would have something to do with it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
This era needs a little perspective is what I am saying. We have gotten to the point where we glamorize these Final Fours a little too much instead of the ultimate goal of actually winning the whole damn thing.

MSU won one national title in 19 years of Jud and another national title in 20 years with Izzo. We can't replicate 1 national title in 20 years with whoever is next? I don't think that's impossible. Hell, maybe the next guy can win 2 national titles in 20 years.

You really have no understanding, let alone appreciation, for how hard it is to win a basketball title. But, I do understand there are some people who feed off their misery. Being miserable is when they're happiest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

You really have no understanding, let alone appreciation, for how hard it is to win a basketball title. But, I do understand there are some people who feed off their misery. Being miserable is when they're happiest.
It's tough. I understand that. Izzo is the only coach in college history to make 6 or more Final Fours and not win it twice. I keep waiting for him to become Dean Smith and get that second one. I hope it happens.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Here's the problem with your fucked up logic: the next guy most likely will not be here for 20 years. Hell, we could have 4 guys here in the next 20 years.

Again, the odds of this run be duplicated are huge. Go ahead and piss on being in contention to win it all nearly every year. I'm sorry you can't enjoy this great program. Sorry the Final Fours are meaningless to you. You are really going to be a mess if we start missing tourneys, coaches get fired and we go back to what MSU basketball was before Tom Izzo.

Jud caught lightening in a bottle with Magic and won it all. He never got back to a Final Four. And finally, I promise not to share your person information if you let me know when you were a student at MSU. Although I suppose I could cross reference those years with the other 100,000 students and try to get you fired from your job.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Here's the problem with your fucked up logic: the next guy most likely will not be here for 20 years. Hell, we could have 4 guys here in the next 20 years.

Again, the odds of this run be duplicated are huge. Go ahead and piss on being in contention to win it all nearly every year. I'm sorry you can't enjoy this great program. Sorry the Final Fours are meaningless to you. You are really going to be a mess if we start missing tourneys, coaches get fired and we go back to what MSU basketball was before Tom Izzo.

Jud caught lightening in a bottle with Magic and won it all. He never got back to a Final Four. And finally, I promise not to share your person information if you let me know when you were a student at MSU. Although I suppose I could cross reference those years with the other 100,000 students and try to get you fired from your job.

You are really negative about our next coach for some reason. You can get a great coach after your coach leaves, you know. UNC has done well after Smith. Louisville has done well after Crum. UConn has done well after Calhoun. There's no reason we can't find a coach to win a national championship or potentially more after Izzo leaves.

I refuse to accept that Izzo's 1 national title in 20 years can't be replicated when UNC, UL, and UConn have all done that since their legends left.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

yeah but we've got a lot of participation banners hanging in the rafters. I think you forget that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:48 pm

yeah but we've got a lot of participation banners hanging in the rafters. I think you forget that.
It was scholarship Tennis, wasn't it? You and Tanfan played and he kicked your ass, and since then you've resented MSU, but then they accepted you into their masters program and you've been going to counseling ever since.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:49 pm

MOOSE IS A BLUE!!!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:53 pm

InTenSity wrote:
It was scholarship Tennis, wasn't it? You and Tanfan played and he kicked your ass, and since then you've resented MSU, but then they accepted you into their masters program and you've been going to counseling ever since.
Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You are really negative about our next coach for some reason. You can get a great coach after your coach leaves, you know. UNC has done well after Smith. Louisville has done well after Crum. UConn has done well after Calhoun. There's no reason we can't find a coach to win a national championship or potentially more after Izzo leaves.

I refuse to accept that Izzo's 1 national title in 20 years can't be replicated when UNC, UL, and UConn have all done that since their legends left.

I'm not being negative about a coach that has not yet been identified. I'm being real. Until Izzo came along, MSU had very little basketball success. One national title and 2 meaningless final fours in like 90 years. It's why I find it funny when people call MSU a basketball school.

We are not UNC. As you so redundantly like to point out. Duke wasn't even Duke until Coach K. There are no guarantees for the guy that replaces him.

Following this legend is going to be incredibly difficult. Expecting the next guy to do what Izzo has done in unrealistic. Once again I'm sorry Izzo has been such a disappointment to you. When he is gone, I'm afraid your disappointment will be off the charts.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Following this legend is going to be incredibly difficult. Expecting the next guy to do what Izzo has done in unrealistic. Once again I'm sorry Izzo has been such a disappointment to you. When he is gone, I'm afraid your disappointment will be off the charts.
Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 4113017228 At that point, if we're still around, the complaint will be that the new coach isn't like Izzo enough.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:MOOSE IS A BLUE!!!

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:05 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? 4113017228 At that point, if we're still around, the complaint will be that the new coach isn't like Izzo enough.
what do you know that we don't?

Zika? ISIS?

Trump?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
what do you know that we don't?

Zika? ISIS?

Trump?
Whens the last time you saw SRC post here? What happens when the owners leave and turn off the lights? Where do we go from there?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:14 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what do you know that we don't?

Zika? ISIS?

Trump?
Whens the last time you saw SRC post here? What happens when the owners leave and turn off the lights? Where do we go from there?
I suddenly feel the world closing in on us...

Speaking of Kalin Lucas, has Maryland cost us two national titles? Tumblr_mcvavt9zbb1rfkogxo1_250

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Louisville isn't making the NCAA tournament this year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:19 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

I'm not being negative about a coach that has not yet been identified. I'm being real. Until Izzo came along, MSU had very little basketball success.  One national title and 2 meaningless final fours in like 90 years. It's why I find it funny when people call MSU a basketball school.

We are not UNC. As you so redundantly  like to point out. Duke wasn't even Duke until Coach K. There are no guarantees for the guy that replaces him.

Whoever our next coach or coaches are, I think MSU can and will win a title within 20 years. Jud did it. Izzo did it. The future is bright.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'm not being negative about a coach that has not yet been identified. I'm being real. Until Izzo came along, MSU had very little basketball success.  One national title and 2 meaningless final fours in like 90 years. It's why I find it funny when people call MSU a basketball school.

We are not UNC. As you so redundantly  like to point out. Duke wasn't even Duke until Coach K. There are no guarantees for the guy that replaces him.

Whoever our next coach or coaches are, I think MSU can and will win a title within 20 years. Jud did it. Izzo did it. The future is bright.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

So the future post Izzo is bright but the present and past 15 years is not good enough. Got it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down