Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
StylesGShmooth
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
DoogieHouser
11 posters

Go down

NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 Empty NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68

Post by DoogieHouser Thu 11 Feb 2016 - 12:21

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2016/02/08/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-college-basketball-march-madness-bubble-cinderella/79996380/
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 Empty Re: NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Feb 2016 - 12:49

I like our draw and our chances for a deep run..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 Empty Re: NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68

Post by DoogieHouser Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 16:54

DoogieHouser wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2016/02/08/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-college-basketball-march-madness-bubble-cinderella/79996380/

Latest 2/15/16: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2016/02/14/ncaa-tournament-bracketology-college-basketball-march-madness-bubble-kansas/80374484/
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 17:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like our draw and our chances for a deep run..

This isn't real Bob.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 17:02

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like our draw and our chances for a deep run..

This isn't real Bob.
dammit.. NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 1896033241

okay.. well I still like our chances for a deep run.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 0:35

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

2 seed MSU playing 15 seed Omaha in Des Moines?

Omaha is 134 miles from Des Moines.
East Lansing is 539 miles from Des Moines.

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 0:42

NigelUno wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Suspect

Wow. Sounds like your parents paid for you to get into a pretty elite geography program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 0:48

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Suspect

Wow. Sounds like your parents paid for you to get into a pretty elite geography program.

Trump U.

Totally worth it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 2:25

Do you guys think the Zags fall of the 1 line with the loss today.  I know they still have an amazing record but there's not a lot of quality wins their.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 2:44

StylesGShmooth wrote:Do you guys think the Zags fall of the 1 line with the loss today.  I know they still have an amazing record but there's not a lot of quality wins their.

I doubt it. We need a lot of help while winning the BTT/making it to Saturday to have a shot at a 1 - whether that’s right or not is another discussion. With that being said, I didn’t think the big ten was all that great this year.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 3:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Do you guys think the Zags fall of the 1 line with the loss today.  I know they still have an amazing record but there's not a lot of quality wins their.

I doubt it. We need a lot of help while winning the BTT/making it to Saturday to have a shot at a 1 - whether that’s right or not is another discussion. With that being said, I didn’t think the big ten was all that great this year.

I didn’t think your posting was all that great this year otpt but no one sees me complaining about it.

Fucking zoomed you bitch woooooooooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 5:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I didn’t think your posting was all that great this year otpt but no one sees me complaining about it.

Fucking zoomed you bitch woooooooooooooo

You are a 9-seed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 7:54

Agree. Weren't some people saying that the Big Ten was the best conference? Maybe all the other conferences really sucked.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:44

Possibly. They're a West region darling since anything West of Texas sucks. Is that a two bid league? Think I read SM was a bubble team until they won the tourney.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:21

We will not be a 1. Michigan or Purdue will get the 1 seed, whichever wins the BTT. We are not winning the BTT and we will be a 2 seed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:25

InTenSity wrote:We will not be a 1. Michigan or Purdue will get the 1 seed, whichever wins the BTT. We are not winning the BTT and we will be a 2 seed.
hate to be "that guy" but winning the BTT isn't all that important to me. While I certainly don't want to lose to Indiana (potentially) for a third time, the idea of playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday with an already thin lineup doesn't interest me going into the 1st/2nd round of the big tourney.

(yes, I realize this isn't a "hot take" and I DGAF).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:25

InTenSity wrote:We will not be a 1. Michigan or Purdue will get the 1 seed, whichever wins the BTT. We are not winning the BTT and we will be a 2 seed.

Last I looked we were in the west with zaga. (Before their loss)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:29

kingstonlake wrote:

TBH, I haven't looked at any bracketology. The little bit I've read, I think that most likely B1G scenario is that MSU and UM are 2 seeds, PU is a 3 seed and I don't really care to think about anything else after that.
The couple things I read did have MSU in the MW though, I hadn't seen anything sending us west.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:35

InTenSity wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

TBH, I haven't looked at any bracketology. The little bit I've read, I think that most likely B1G scenario is that MSU and UM are 2 seeds, PU is a 3 seed and I don't really care to think about anything else after that.
The couple things I read did have MSU in the MW though, I hadn't seen anything sending us west.

May have been Midwest. I'm old.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:36

I'll take this.....

NCAA tournament bracketology: Projecting the field of 68 Screen56
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 9:46

I don't know squat about any of those teams, but I'd like to about the ACC trio as long as possible. Especially UVA and Duke.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 19:08

I was just wondering if the Zags could fall, not necessarily us replacing them.  Think they were pretty much locked in as a 1 before conference tourneys began.  

We would need help getting a 1 seed regardless.  UVa is locked in too.  Duke, UNC and Kentucky are all ahead of us.  Possibly even Tennessee.  We would need pretty much all off them to bow out early.  Honestly, I could see them giving the ACC 3 1-seeds.

It's stupid but I was joking around that we shouldn't even try in the BTT a few nights ago.  We're thin, not built for back to backs.  Ahrens probably has one game in him.  Is Ward officially back or was that just optimism?  Cash's knees has a lot of miles on them right now.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 14 Mar 2019 - 22:04

Heard MSU will be a 2 seed in the CBI Tournament, and will play at Houston Baptist in the first round.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 0:41

Turtleneck wrote:Heard MSU will be a 2 seed in the CBI Tournament, and will play at Houston Baptist in the first round.

Not enough quality losses?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 1:22

kingstonlake wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Heard MSU will be a 2 seed in the CBI Tournament, and will play at Houston Baptist in the first round.

Not enough quality losses?

Yup. That quadrant 1 sector 7.3 loss cost MSU big time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 10:18

Nordic wrote:I don't know squat about any of those teams, but I'd like to about the ACC trio as long as possible. Especially UVA and Duke.

We didn't do so hot against Gonzaga earlier this year.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 20:08

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

2 seed UM would play 7 seed Iowa State in the second game in Des Moines.

Works for me.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down