Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases

+8
Giant Moose
kingstonlake
Spartanic
Rodeo Burger
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
WBill
DWags
12 posters

Go down

Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases Empty Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases

Post by DWags 2014-05-14, 16:15

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases Empty Re: Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases

Post by WBill 2014-05-14, 16:29

Victor even has 2.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases Empty Re: Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-05-14, 16:32

DWags wrote:35.

Hell, Rajai had more steals by May 4th than anybody else on the team had all last season.  May the fucking 4th, after like 20 games Tigers just matched last years season total in stolen bases 502811600

All that running makes the games more fun to watch than waiting for balls to leave the yard
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-14, 16:47

Suicide squeeze today. What a different team this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-14, 16:52

7 runs today with 4 bench guys (Kelly, Martinez, Holaday and Worth) in the starting lineup.....plus those subs scored 4 runs.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-14, 17:05

Just looked at total runs for the 2013 and 2014 seasons after 35 games the results may surprise you:

2013 = 188 Runs Scored after 35 games
2014 = 169 Runs Scored after 35 games

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-14, 17:15

steveschneider wrote:Just looked at total runs for the 2013 and 2014 seasons after 35 games the results may surprise you:

2013 = 188 Runs Scored after 35 games
2014 = 169 Runs Scored after 35 games

Early last year they were ridiculously inefficient with a large + run differential. By late June they were something like +85 in runs and yet only 6 games over .500.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-14, 17:27

WBill wrote:

Early last year they were ridiculously inefficient with a large + run differential. By late June they were something like +85 in runs and yet only 6 games over .500.

I think our defense has picked it up big time this year. Over all the talent up grades in the off season have been huge. It's a great change to see us go into the 8th and 9th inning and able to hold onto a small lead.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-14, 17:38

WBill wrote:

It did seem that we'd score 11 runs one day, and then score one run the next. This season has been a lot more fun to watch, and it's not only because of the standings either. Just much less frustration than we had last year.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-14, 17:40

Just checked the stats on runs allowed for the two seasons:

Runs allowed for first 35 games

2013 - 188
2014- 126

DE FENCE!!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-14, 17:46

Rodeo Burger wrote:

It did seem that we'd score 11 runs one day, and then score one run the next.  This season has been a lot more fun to watch, and it's not only because of the standings either.  Just much less frustration than we had last year.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved last years team and am pretty damn stoked about this year as well.

My gut tells me if we got by Boston we win it all. I just don't think St. Louis had the team to beat us last year.

If Dombrowski had been a little more proactive about our bullpen last year or perhaps if Rondon didn't get hurt we had a great shot to win it all.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartanic 2014-05-15, 09:30

I didn't realize they scored that many fewer runs this year. guess when you are 9 games over .500 at this point, you miss those stats. I love the way this team is playing small ball. I love the speed on the base paths and the aggressive running, even though they have run themselves out of a few innings.
Spartanic
Spartanic
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-05-15, 10:15

Man, if only they wouldn't have released Brennan Boesch. Just think of the possibilities....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-15, 10:16

Spartanic wrote:I didn't realize they scored that many fewer runs this year.  guess when you are 9 games over .500 at this point, you miss those stats.  I love the way this team is playing small ball.  I love the speed on the base paths and the aggressive running, even though they have run themselves out of a few innings.

Last year at the start of the season we didn't have a closer and that situation was a mess. Also, I don't remember the specifics but wasn't Verlander off to a rocky start at the start of the year? I know he struggled up to about August last year.

Saw on Yahoo Sports Nathan has returned to form and has 8 innings without giving up a score and they have him as the #7 closer in the league right now.

Broke out our wins by teams:

Astros .341  vs 3-1
Twins  .474  vs 2-4
Sox    .474   vs 4-2
Royals .513 vs 7-0
BAL - .526   vs  5-1
LAD .524  vs 1-1
SD   .475 vs 1-2
CLE  .475 vs 1-1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-15, 10:19

You mean you get rid of a fatass bellyflopper and your stolen bases improve? Who knew!?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-15, 11:02

Also, MLB is offering 50% off their yearly subscription right now. Get the rest of the year for $57.49. Offer expires 5/31/14.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-15, 19:46

@beckjason
Not only have #Tigers matched last year's SB total, they lead the AL. They've led league at season's end only once in last 80 years.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-05-15, 19:51

Tigers are so much more complete this year. There's gonna be games where the bats are dead so the ability to move runners and manufacture runs is huge. I was so tired of losing games 0-1, 1-2, etc.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-15, 21:21

JEK wrote:Tigers are so much more complete this year. There's gonna be games where the bats are dead so the ability to move runners and manufacture runs is huge. I was so tired of losing games 0-1, 1-2, etc.

Agreed, for all the pop we had in our lineups the last few years, how many times did we get shut out? We were so one dimensional it wasn't even funny, now you have speed at the top and the middle of the lineup. While still having a some pop spread out through the lineup.

Hopefully Hanrahan comes back strong, and I would not be mad if the Tigers took a little look at Kyle Farnsworth who was just released by the Mets after they said they wanted to go with the youth movement. He was 3 for 4 in save chances with a ERA in the 3's.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner 2014-05-15, 21:25

JEK wrote:Tigers are so much more complete this year. There's gonna be games where the bats are dead so the ability to move runners and manufacture runs is huge. I was so tired of losing games 0-1, 1-2, etc.

Oh definitely. More guys running contributes more opportunities to get guys in scoring position and so on. I agree this new dimension makes them so much more deadly of an offense as opposed to the power-only clubs of the past.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Desert Green 2014-05-15, 22:10

DWags wrote:35.

I love the new agressive style Ausmus is applying. Much more exciting baseball.
Desert Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down