Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship.

+2
Giant Moose
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Empty I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship.

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 18:43

If you want something done properly, don’t ask the Internet.

“Boaty McBoatface” could be the new official name for a scientific research ship of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) after they opened an online vote to the public to suggest its name.

Along with suggestions such as “Usain Boat,” “Boatamus Prime,” “It’s bloody cold here,” “Ice Ice Baby,” and “Notthetitanic,” Boaty McBoatface is currently the solid frontrunner. There are a few serious suggestions too, including “David Attenborough” and “Henry Worsley” – the Antarctic explorer who passed away in January.

The winner will be announced next month, after voting finishes on April 16, 2016. However, don’t get your hopes up just yet, as the NERC says: “An expert panel will review all suggestions before making the final decision.” That said, the NERC already seems to be jumping on the McBoatface bandwagon by tweeting #BoatyMcBoatface, along with their hashtag #NameOurShip.

The Name Our Ship website has crashed multiple times over the past few days due to the wealth of traffic, no doubt thanks to the loyal supporters of Boaty McBoatface.

The 125-meter (410-foot) boat is currently under construction at the cost of $290 million. When completed in 2019, the ship will be decked out with the latest technology and onboard laboratories to help our understanding of the effect of climate change on the Antarctic's climate and ecosystems, as well as the world's ocean circulation and sea levels.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/boaty-mcboatface-could-be-name-antarctic-research-ship-after-online-vote
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Empty Re: I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship.

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-21, 19:05

Boaty McBoatface I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. 502811600 I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. 502811600 I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Empty Re: I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-03-21, 20:10

"There are a few serious suggestions too..."

Uhhh, those other ones are serious
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 20:23

CORNER BLITZ wrote:"There are a few serious suggestions too..."

I submitted "Travis" as a potential name. I immediately got an email telling me the new boat is not a piece of shit so they cannot name it Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-21, 20:24

Turtleneck wrote:

I submitted "Travis" as a potential name. I immediately got an email telling me the new boat is not a piece of shit so they cannot name it Travis.

I think Travis doesn't post here anymore. You're going to miss him. I won't, but you might.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 20:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think Travis doesn't post here anymore. You're going to miss him. I won't, but you might.

He always leaves after his SD231 schtick gets banned.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-21, 20:27

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He always leaves after his SD231 schtick gets banned.

He was terribly, horribly, awfully upset with all the bickering in one of the earlier threads today. I think it was one of the Moose threads. It's probably mostly hormonal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-21, 20:32

Turtleneck wrote:

Taken.

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Image-23_med
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-21, 20:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Taken.

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Image-23_med

You are rusty around the edges. Not a good thing for a boat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-21, 20:42

tGreenWay wrote:

Taken.

ITS A BEAUTIFUL BOAT GREENWAY AND I WONT HEAR OTHERWISE
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 20:53

Turtleneck wrote:

Taken.

HA! Proof Travis is SD2329! Posting pics from the marina! #Busted #YouAreSoSpartanDawgs822(9647/5673)1/5=X
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-21, 21:01

Turtleneck wrote:

Taken.

HA! Proof Travis is SD2329! Posting pics from the marina! #Busted #YouAreSoSpartanDawgs822(9647/5673)1/5=X

Lol whatever check out my living room and be jealous

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. AU1387-003_XS
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 21:22

Turtleneck wrote:

Lol whatever check out my living room and be jealous

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. AU1387-003_XS

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. 502811600

...don't forget your car...

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. 8944994121_ac062bd89c_b
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-21, 21:36

The minnow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 21:48

DWags wrote:The minnow.

Boo this man.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-21, 23:39

tGreenWay wrote:

The swill should rename your boat, then break a bottle of champagne over your hull.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-21, 23:52

tGreenWay wrote:

The swill should rename your boat, then break a bottle of champagne over your head.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-22, 08:12

I want to take one of tGreenWay's pleasure cruises.

I see you guys found the link to the site where people are voting to name the new Natural Environment Research Council research ship. Greenwayferry-header2015
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-22, 08:38

From what I have heard, Greenway pleasure cruises take place on a very small boat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-17, 21:54

Boaty McBoatface Easily Wins Online Poll to Name UK Polar Research Ship
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/04/17/boaty_mcboatface_wins_online_poll_to_name_uk_polar_research_ship.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-17, 22:07

Turtleneck wrote:From what I have heard, Greenway pleasure cruises take place on a very small boat.

That's because you heard it from me. I'm hung like a pimple. And that's a typo: It's not GreenWay Ferry; it's supposed to be GreenWay Furry, but it still involves water sports.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down