Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam

+10
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
By-Tor
14 posters

Go down

The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam Empty The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam

Post by By-Tor 2016-03-24, 08:35

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/03/24/nfl-reportedly-made-deal-with-rams-to-draft-michael-sam.html

The political correctness is off the charts with this one. Man, I hate the NFL.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam Empty Re: The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-24, 08:43

By-Tor wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/03/24/nfl-reportedly-made-deal-with-rams-to-draft-michael-sam.html

political correctness in general is off the charts.

I hope he doesn't get the shaft.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam Empty Re: The NFL made a backdoor deal with the Rams to draft Michael Sam

Post by DWags 2016-03-24, 08:54

I thought he was good enough to draft late. Regardless of how much dick he did or didn't suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-24, 08:59

The link sucks. The biggest story would have been, draft sam, and we'll allow you to move to LA.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-24, 09:03

Kinda makes sense to me. Sam getting drafted was a huge media circus. Hard Knocks cameras would have made it that much worse. I never really cared about this story when it was happening and I don't really care now either. He was a borderline NFL player that didn't make it and is now playing in the CFL. Big whoop.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-24, 09:14

Political correctness is just the 2016 buzzword for morons. This isn't political correctness. The NFL doesn't give a fuck. The NFL cares about how much of your money they can get. Just like how they take money from the department of defense to honor soldiers on the field. The decision was made that him being drafted and subsequently cut was a better business decision than if he doesn't get drafted and they have to field the questions about why they hate gays. Basically, it's a more direct way to sweep it under the rug under the guise of "he was given a chance." Seems like a logical decision for them to make if they don't care about the integrity of their game (which they do not.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-03-24, 09:27

Is that a gay joke?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-24, 09:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Kinda makes sense to me. Sam getting drafted was a huge media circus. Hard Knocks cameras would have made it that much worse. I never really cared about this story when it was happening and I don't really care now either. He was a borderline NFL player that didn't make it and is now playing in the CFL. Big whoop.

Quit the CFL, came back, played in part of 1 game, quit again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-03-24, 09:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Kinda makes sense to me. Sam getting drafted was a huge media circus. Hard Knocks cameras would have made it that much worse. I never really cared about this story when it was happening and I don't really care now either. He was a borderline NFL player that didn't make it and is now playing in the CFL. Big whoop.

Quit the CFL, came back, played in part of 1 game, quit again.

Don't care.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-24, 09:48

By-Tor wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/03/24/nfl-reportedly-made-deal-with-rams-to-draft-michael-sam.html

Oh boy, they would have picked them for a show 2 years earlier instead of now! What a conspiracy!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-24, 09:51

Backdoor. Heh. But what Travis said. This wasn't political correctness; it was business. The guy got his chance and didn't have the physical skills, so he got cut. Done and done.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-24, 10:02

tGreenWay wrote:Backdoor. Heh. But what Travis said. This wasn't political correctness; it was business. The guy got his chance and didn't have the physical skills, so he got cut. Done and done.  
this is true.

The NFL doesn't care where he hides his sausage. If he was the second coming (hehe) of Mike Singletary, he'd be on an NFL roster.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-24, 10:03

tGreenWay wrote:Backdoor. Heh. But what Travis said. This wasn't political correctness; it was business. The guy got his chance and didn't have the physical skills, so he got cut. Done and done.

It's what is most pure in competition.

Your job is on the line. You can't carry your share, good bye. No affirmative action, no quotas. What have you got and can you help me.

Note: I think in certain areas we have to even the playing field to help those that have been institutionally hurt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-24, 10:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this is true.

The NFL doesn't care where he hides his sausage. If he was the second coming (hehe) of Mike Singletary, he'd be on an NFL roster.

Yep.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-03-24, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this is true.

Of course he would be and he wouldve been drafted in the first round. What the NFL wanted was to not have to deal the question of "why do you hate gays? So they told the Rams to draft him or they would get picked for Hardknocks, which they didn't want to be a part of at the time. Bottom line is that Sam would have never been drafted if it weren't for this. It's just another feather in the cap of the NFL using political and social issues for it's own public relations benefit. Like breast cancer and veterans.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-03-24, 10:17

By-Tor wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this is true.

Of course he would be and he wouldve been drafted in the first round. What the NFL wanted was to not have to deal the question of "why do you hate gays? So they told the Rams to draft him or they would get picked for Hardknocks, which they didn't want to be a part of at the time. Bottom line is that Sam would have never been drafted if it weren't for this. It's just another feather in the cap of the NFL using political and social issues for it's own public relations benefit. Like breast cancer and veterans.
exactly... from the 2nd post in this very thread

Bobby Sak wrote:political correctness in general is off the charts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-03-24, 10:26

Yeah, I don't think this is the controversy that the link is trying to make it to be.

It doesn't sound like it was "Well, NFL, we don't want to draft this guy, but we will only if you wait 2 years to make us do Hard Knocks." Instead, I think it was more like, "Look NFL, we are drafting this guy that will have a lot of media attention, but Hard Knocks will only make it a bigger circus and add more pressure on the kid. How about waiting a year or two for him to adjust or move on?"

The fact that this "controversy" is coming from the media in the city that the Rams just left makes this sound like a jilted lover suddenly making up all these terrible claims about their ex after getting dumped.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-03-24, 10:38

So this is coming from Howard Balzer. A St. Louis based NFL writer, editor, etc.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/23/michael-sam-rams-hard-knocks/
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-03-24, 11:01

The correct phrase is "back room" deal.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-03-24, 12:21

By-Tor wrote:So this is coming from Howard Balzer. A St. Louis based NFL writer, editor, etc.

Based on the abbreviated headline in the URL, I don't think I want to click on that link.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-24, 12:35

the NFL is butt fucking the fans with this stupid shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-03-24, 13:40

Triple Sparty wrote:The correct phrase is "back room" deal.

Forget it. He's rolling.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-25, 00:36

and now the NFL is in the news AGAIN!!!

..rinse, wash, repeat.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-03-25, 07:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:and now the NFL is in the news AGAIN!!!

..rinse, wash, repeat.

This. Just looking for their new "deflate gate." If you don't realize that that whole thing was made up so they could grab attention and ratings during the offseason then you're just a dumb dumb idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-25, 07:58

By-Tor wrote:So this is coming from Howard Balzer. A St. Louis based NFL writer, editor, etc.

A guy who wasn't even in the war room when Fisher drafted Sam. Great stuff. He's also based in SAINT LOUIS, the butthurt city that didn't do enough to keep the Rams.

From everyone involved who was in the room, and a trusted writer who was on Rich Eisen's show yesterday, this reporter is being raked over the coals.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-25, 09:28

As a football player Sam was probably worth a 7th round flyer. He made it much harder on himself with the "kiss".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-25, 10:13

LooseGoose wrote:As a football player Sam was probably worth a 7th round flyer. He made it much harder on himself with the "kiss".

In the two exhibition games I saw, he did well against the offensive line the other team had against him. I suspect in practice he wasn't doing that well. I thought after college he was well worth a late round chance.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-25, 12:03

People are acting like Sam did nothing wrong.

He showed up to training camp/Rams meetings with reality TV cameras from Oprah's network. Cutting him was the smart thing to do, regardless of his sexual orientation.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-03-25, 12:08

Death Roe wrote:People are acting like Sam did nothing wrong.

He showed up to training camp/Rams meetings with reality TV cameras from Oprah's network. Cutting him was the smart thing to do, regardless of his sexual orientation.
This is America. He was just capitalizing on his 15 minutes. Nothing wrong with that.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-03-25, 12:08

Giant Moose wrote:
Death Roe wrote:People are acting like Sam did nothing wrong.

This is America. He was just capitalizing on his 15 minutes. Nothing wrong with that.

Very true, however, he wasn't squeaky clean with things. He was def playing it up when he kissed his BF after the pick came through.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-25, 12:29

Makes me remember this old Carlin routine on homosexuality starting at around 6:25.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down