Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year?

+7
xsanguine
y2kMgrad
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Herbie Green
11 posters

Go down

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year? Empty Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year?

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-26, 20:21

I guess one hour can't be that bad but I just don't know if I can do it
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year? Empty Re: Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year?

Post by Guest 2016-03-26, 20:51

I quit going on holidays years ago, felt kinda bad only showing up for those.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year? Empty Re: Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year?

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-26, 20:53

Not religious at all and the few times I've gone I find I have too much energy to sit through an hour of service. There's a Mexican church a few blocks from my house where they have a band sing and shout. That may be more my scene.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-26, 20:55

LooseGoose wrote:I quit going on holidays years ago, felt kinda bad only showing up for those.

Yeah, if you believe it's a little awkward..."hey God remember me? Long time no see."
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-26, 21:01

Helllllllll nawww
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-03-26, 21:02

Frankly it depends on whether or not my wife has sex with me tonight.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-26, 21:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Helllllllll nawww

This. Not my scene. No hot sluts
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-03-26, 21:13

Yessir. Yeah God!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-26, 21:15

Blanch32 wrote:

You should go to the Spanish Catholic ones, Blanch.

Like shooting fish in a barrel. With dynamite.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-26, 21:17

Blanch32 wrote:

Let me help you with that.

Blanch's Dating scene
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-26, 21:20

xsanguine wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You should go to the Spanish Catholic ones, Blanch.

Like shooting fish in a barrel. With dynamite.

No need. I use to work in mexico. When I left my diversity ratio was well over 50%. Never once went to church. Hell I live in the bible belt now and no church
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-03-26, 21:21

LooseGoose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Let me help you with that.

Blanch's Dating scene

Never paid directly. I'm not a Stuart dunning.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-03-26, 21:27

Anybody breaking out their Paas Easter egg coloring kit?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-26, 21:34

Herbie Green wrote:I guess one hour can't be that bad but I just don't know if I can do it

I married a lady who gave up six figures to work with our church for zip in 2000. Think I'll be at church? She's raised my kids in a very positive manner and her husband can still be a huge asshole. I'm at church most Sunday's. But yeah tomorrow for sure. It's actually pretty cool the stuff you can do with your congregation for a positive effect on your community Whether you believe in the spirit, afterlife and son of God or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-03-26, 21:40

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I guess one hour can't be that bad but I just don't know if I can do it

I married a lady who gave up six figures to work with our church for zip in 2000.  Think I'll be at church?  She's raised my kids in a very positive manner and her husband can still be a huge asshole. I'm at church most Sunday's.  But yeah tomorrow for sure. It's actually pretty cool the stuff you can do with your congregation for a positive effect on your community   Whether you believe in the spirit, afterlife and son of God or not.

I actually believe in God a hell of a lot more than I do christians if that makes sense.   I grew up going to church and was exposed to too much hypocrisy to ever get involved in organized religion as an adult. But yes, you're right, a good church can be a true force for good in your community and in the world. The problem is finding a good church.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-26, 21:45

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I married a lady who gave up six figures to work with our church for zip in 2000.  Think I'll be at church?  She's raised my kids in a very positive manner and her husband can still be a huge asshole. I'm at church most Sunday's.  But yeah tomorrow for sure. It's actually pretty cool the stuff you can do with your congregation for a positive effect on your community   Whether you believe in the spirit, afterlife and son of God or not.

I actually believe in God a hell of a lot more than I do christians if that makes sense.   I grew up going to church and was exposed to too much hypocrisy to ever get involved in organized religion as an adult. But yes, you're right, a good church can be a true force for good in your community and in the world. The problem is finding a good church.

Me too. I belong to a church that has a group of people who aren't so much into the rituals as they are about being community centric. My "church friends" probably drink more party more smoke more than my non church friends.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-26, 21:48

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

This is what I have been trying to say. I have my own relationship with god and going to church tomorrow would be counterproductive. I would like to sleep in and then go swim some laps then drink a few beers and do a couple of bong hits and watch basketball.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-26, 21:51

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

This is what I have been trying to say. I have my own relationship with god and going to church tomorrow would be counterproductive. I would like to sleep in and then go swim some laps then drink a few beers and do a couple of bong hits and watch basketball.

Don't feel guilty about that. Imo, God only wants you to try to do positive things. None of us are perfect, but you don't need to be in church tomorrow to be a productive citizen or spiritual.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-26, 21:51

Herbie Green wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year? Fuck-its-jesus-hide-the-weed
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-26, 22:20

Well wait did jesus or God make weed
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-03-26, 22:32

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Only way I'll be in church tomorrow or any other day this year is if a friend's getting married and makes me come to the ceremony.

Jesus has a message for all you stand up gentleman though

Anyone else going to church tomorrow for the first time if the year? Z
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-03-27, 06:31

Wish I could. Instead, I'm at work til 9pm. Someone shoot me
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-27, 20:02

Didn't even go. Woke up all hungover and the kids had no interest. I guess the wife figured it wasn't a battle worth fighting.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down