Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest

+3
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
7 posters

Go down

Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest Empty Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 pm

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/my-shot-jim-nantz

Although this part makes me think he's a psychopath

I'm a breakfast guy: three eggs scrambled, with bacon and wheat toast, burnt. The problem is, it never came back burnt. For years it would arrive limp and tan, which brought breakfast to a standstill when I sent the toast back. It was costing me 10 minutes a day, which, multiplied by six days a week, is four hours a month. That's 48 hours—two full days—per year. My friends, time is currency. My wife, Courtney, got tired of hearing me complain about it. She found a photograph on the Internet of a kitchen toaster ejecting two slices of burnt toast. She minimized it, printed it out and had it laminated. She insisted I put it in my wallet. When I order, I present the photo to my server. I get some strange looks, but I can assure you, the toast now arrives black and scary, just the way I like it.

Who the fuck likes burnt toast?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest Empty Re: Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:http://www.golfdigest.com/story/my-shot-jim-nantz

I'm a breakfast guy: three eggs scrambled, with bacon and wheat toast, burnt. The problem is, it never came back burnt. For years it would arrive limp and tan, which brought breakfast to a standstill when I sent the toast back. It was costing me 10 minutes a day, which, multiplied by six days a week, is four hours a month. That's 48 hours—two full days—per year. My friends, time is currency. My wife, Courtney, got tired of hearing me complain about it. She found a photograph on the Internet of a kitchen toaster ejecting two slices of burnt toast. She minimized it, printed it out and had it laminated. She insisted I put it in my wallet. When I order, I present the photo to my server. I get some strange looks, but I can assure you, the toast now arrives black and scary, just the way I like it.

it's a tradition unlike any other..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest Empty Re: Good Jim Nantz article from Golf Digest

Post by DWags Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:50 pm

:whistle:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:55 pm

I have a friend that's worked with a few of the sports casters, he said Jim is a very buttoned up and serious guy. That is a pretty odd story and fuck burn toast.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:45 am

steveschneider wrote:

I have a friend that's worked with a few of the sports casters, he said Jim is a very buttoned up and serious guy. That is a pretty odd story and fuck burn toast.

Well, at least he earned his wealth. He didn't have his daddy buy him a bar in his 20s
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:39 am

Tanfan! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well, at least he earned his wealth.  He didn't have his daddy buy him a bar in his 20s

If you had to guess, how many hours do you spend in a day thinking about posters on this board and how many hours do you spend in a day thinking of ways to introduce your obsession into threads?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:05 am

Tanfan! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well, at least he earned his wealth. He didn't have his daddy buy him a bar in his 20s

Hi Donald.

#fireanastos
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:07 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Well, at least he earned his wealth.  He didn't have his daddy buy him a bar in his 20s

If you had to guess, how many hours do you spend in a day thinking about posters on this board and how many hours do you spend in a day thinking of ways to introduce your obsession into threads?

If you repeat the same lie a few hundred times, it becomes the truth.

#tDonald
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down