Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer.

+7
duffy munn
CORNER BLITZ
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
tTy
11 posters

Go down

I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer. Empty I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer.

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Where do I start?

I'm lookin at you InTen......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer. Empty Re: I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer.

Post by Nordic Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Fuck golf
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer. Empty Re: I'm going to buy new golf clubs, take some lessons, and get good at golf again this summer.

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:53 pm

But I just picked up a sweet/good pair of neon lime green plaid nickers!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:55 pm

No you're not. Job, kids. Minus well take unicorn riding lessons.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:55 pm

If your getting lessons and shit, just get fitted. Try to go somewhere they let you test the clubs. If your doing a couple k on gambling, this will seem cheap. My guess is graphite shafts, probably pings, get something that lets you hit the ball.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Here's what I'm going to do.

Continue to not take lessons, not bother practicing, not bother playing. Keep the same clubs. Show up for golf league in April. Shoot 47-50 every week. Continue to not practice or play outside of golf league. Shave that down to 42-46 by September.

Rinse and repeat next year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here's what I'm going to do.

Continue to not take lessons, not bother practicing, not bother playing. Keep the same clubs. Show up for golf league in April. Shoot 47-50 every week. Continue to not practice or play outside of golf league. Shave that down to 42-46 by September.

Who is going to be your pahdnah next year?????? Has that been settled yet?

I'm going to get fitted for a new set of clubs and take like three lessons, and then fucking suck all summer long, I'm sure.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm

I shot a 43 on the front. Going into the last hole needed a bogey or better. Fucking 9. 10 yards from the fucking hole in 2 and takes me 7 fucking shots to hole out. I buried my putter sword and the stone style after my 5th fuckup.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to get fitted for a new set of clubs and take like three lessons, and then fucking suck all summer long, I'm sure.

No but I did catch a beer with the Brain and Stallone last night. Subject was not broached. I may meet up with those guys in a few weeks when my family goes to AZ and bring it up then. I would still love to have a primate for a partner if he's not an a tether.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tTy wrote:

No but I did catch a beer with the Brain and Stallone last night. Subject was not broached. I may meet up with those guys in a few weeks when my family goes to AZ and bring it up then. I would still love to have a primate for a partner if he's not an a tether.

I wish I lived closer. You, me, Primate and Zip would make for a pretty fun league.

InTen, I don't need your advice anymore if it took you 7 to get down from windmill/clownface distance. What the fuck happened?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 pm

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I wish I lived closer. You, me, Primate and Zip would make for a pretty fun league.

InTen, I don't need your advice anymore if it took you 7 to get down from windmill/clownface distance. What the fuck happened?
pretty sure I explained it. Sometimes my short game turns me into a serial killer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm

The problem with most golf games is the brain that goes with hands gripping the club.

If your clubs are less that 10 years old just take your lessons, practice, practice, practice on the range with your 5/6/7 irons and once your swing is working take out the long stuff.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:36 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The problem with most golf games is the brain that goes with hands gripping the club.

If your clubs are less that 10 years old just take your lessons, practice, practice, practice on the range with your 5/6/7 irons and once your swing is working take out the long stuff.

My current problem is that my clubs = don't fit me properly. I take super fucked up divots. I don't think the lie angle is proper for me as I take pizza slice shaped divots now. The toe of my club digs in about an inch deeper than the heel and it fucks me all up. 90% of my problem is my lie angle right now. I don't think they will be able to bend it enough to remedy the issue, I think I need to go blow 2K on sweet/good clubs so that I can move on to blaming something else, like not being able to play more than 18 holes a month.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:44 pm

good again? When were you previously good??
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:44 pm

I have some Ping G15's and will admit that a fitted set of irons makes the game more enjoyable. The drivers have so many adjustments you can customize while you play.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:47 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:good again? When were you previously good??

My 16, 17 year old self could beat my 45 year old self very easily. I used to play a fuck ton of golf as a kid. Once I hit MSU, I pretty much stopped. I fucking suck now.

I'm talking relatively good in terms of "me". I'm not going to go out and start giving Speith any fucking lessons on national TV any time soon.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Fuck golf
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:46 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No you're not. Job, kids. Minus well take unicorn riding lessons.

You're a goddamned pail of water on many of tTys best plans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:00 am

1.) Get fitted for new clubs

2.) take lessons

3.) play a lot in the spring

4.) take two weeks off

5.) quit the game
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 am

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No you're not. Job, kids. Minus well take unicorn riding lessons.

You're a goddamned pail of water on many of tTys best plans.

He's normally spot on, though.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 am

So what to you plan on making major time reductions in? Fishing, hunting, drinking, being a husband, or being a dad.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 am

kingstonlake wrote:So what to you plan on making major time reductions in? Fishing, hunting, drinking, being a husband, or being a dad.

Fishing will likely increase this year. Kids are hitting 5.5 now and are begging me to take them more and more.

Hunting takes place in cold weather. Golf does not. At least golf SHOULD not. NFW am I out there golfing in decent hunting weather.

Drinking and golfing are directly related, so that just does not compute.

Being a husband/dad will likely suffer, but I'm already over achieving in both those categories. I'm sure the wife/kids will understand that my golf game deserves a little more of my ATTENSHUN and that they are already taking up too much of my time.

Also, you spelled "do" incorrectly and I thought I should point that out since proper spelling/grammar seems to be your thing.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:15 pm

duffy munn wrote:1.) Get fitted for new clubs

2.) take lessons

3.) play a lot in the spring

4.) take two weeks off

5.) quit the game

I swear I could quit. However there is still that one hole I birdie and it drags me back. I could snowman 7 holes double bogie 7 par 3 and be ready to quit, but I think about how great that birdie felt and there I am again, next week , embarrassing myself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Just get drunk and play golf on the side. Don't get too worked up about it. Life is too short to be angry while you voluntarily play. Never understood the spazs on the course - and they aren't very fun to play with.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just get drunk and play golf on the side. Don't get too worked up about it. Life is too short to be angry while you voluntarily play. Never understood the spazs on the course - and they aren't very fun to play with.

Pretty sure I don't get angry while I'm golfing. I don't think you understand this thread.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 pm

tTy wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just get drunk and play golf on the side. Don't get too worked up about it. Life is too short to be angry while you voluntarily play. Never understood the spazs on the course - and they aren't very fun to play with.

Pretty sure I don't get angry while I'm golfing. I don't think you understand this thread.

Isn't this thread about golf? scratch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 pm

What clubs do you have, Ty?

I'm rocking a TaylorMade R1 driver, Burner 3 wood, Burner Rescue 3 hybrid, and Burner Superfast irons, along with an Odyssey White Ice putter.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Death Roe wrote:What clubs do you have, Ty?

I'm rocking a TaylorMade R1 driver, Burner 3 wood, Burner Rescue 3 hybrid, and Burner Superfast irons, along with an Odyssey White Ice putter.

Calloway 20X or some shit like that. When I hit them squa, it is super sweet, but like I said, my lie angle is FUBAR and 8 times out of 10 it turns into a "Whack-fuck" shot...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:37 pm

tTy wrote:

Calloway 20X or some shit like that. When I hit them squa, it is super sweet, but like I said, my lie angle is FUBAR and 8 times out of 10 it turns into a "Whack-fuck" shot...

So it's operator error.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Damn, Baller.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:37 pm

tTy wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:So what to you plan on making major time reductions in? Fishing, hunting, drinking, being a husband, or being a dad.

Fishing will likely increase this year. Kids are hitting 5.5 now and are begging me to take them more and more.

Hunting takes place in cold weather. Golf does not. At least golf SHOULD not. NFW am I out there golfing in decent hunting weather.

Drinking and golfing are directly related, so that just does not compute.

Being a husband/dad will likely suffer, but I'm already over achieving in both those categories. I'm sure the wife/kids will understand that my golf game deserves a little more of my ATTENSHUN and that they are already taking up too much of my time.

Also, you spelled "do" incorrectly and I thought I should point that out since proper spelling/grammar seems to be your thing.

You're my idol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:12 pm

duffy munn wrote:

Damn, Baller.

I win. #GolfPro #NoHandicap #ScratchGolfer

In actuality, that was a great benefit of working for Dunham's for so long. I got the R1 driver for the at-cost price through our buyer, and a big discount on the irons/hybrid/wood/putter.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down