Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan

+7
xsanguine
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Turtleneck
InTenSity
NigelUno
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan Empty Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-31, 11:59

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michigan-limiting-spike-albrecht-s-transfer-options-224019956-ncaab.html

"Yet even though Albrecht will have a degree, and even though he has been told there is no scholarship for him at Michigan, the school still has restricted his future choices. He has not been released to attend another Big Ten school. And the conference is backing this with its legislation...

It is fundamentally unfair for any school to tell a transfer with a degree where he cannot go – especially if that school has made it clear that he can’t stay there, at least on scholarship.  On top of unfair, it is massively hypocritical of Michigan. Because guess who started at quarterback for the Wolverines last year? Graduate transfer Jake Rudock. From Iowa. That’s Big Ten member institution Iowa.

If Michigan is going to take a grad transfer within the league, how on Earth can it attempt to block one? Or two?...

Yet here in the real world, a player who will have a degree – and who has already been told he’s not going to have a scholarship in 2016-17 – is still having his future controlled and curtailed by the college. It’s wrong. And at Michigan, where the 2015 starting quarterback was a Hawkeye in 2014, it’s also hypocritical."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan Empty Re: Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-31, 12:12

I like the part where B_ is worried he might become MSU's starting PG.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan Empty Re: Not a good look for Beilein or Michigan

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 12:12

NigelUno wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michigan-limiting-spike-albrecht-s-transfer-options-224019956-ncaab.html

"Yet even though Albrecht will have a degree, and even though he has been told there is no scholarship for him at Michigan, the school still has restricted his future choices. He has not been released to attend another Big Ten school. And the conference is backing this with its legislation...

It is fundamentally unfair for any school to tell a transfer with a degree where he cannot go – especially if that school has made it clear that he can’t stay there, at least on scholarship.  On top of unfair, it is massively hypocritical of Michigan. Because guess who started at quarterback for the Wolverines last year? Graduate transfer Jake Rudock. From Iowa. That’s Big Ten member institution Iowa.

If Michigan is going to take a grad transfer within the league, how on Earth can it attempt to block one? Or two?...

Yet here in the real world, a player who will have a degree – and who has already been told he’s not going to have a scholarship in 2016-17 – is still having his future controlled and curtailed by the college. It’s wrong. And at Michigan, where the 2015 starting quarterback was a Hawkeye in 2014, it’s also hypocritical."

There is nothing to like about UM. Not one thing. Admins, faculty, students...all a bunch or arrogant assholes.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 12:19

Wow, pretty unfair if you ask me. Makes them look weak.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-31, 12:21

steveschneider wrote:Wow, pretty unfair if you ask me. Makes them look weak.
Not only that, but I think B_ even says he expects him to appeal and win the appeal, like Beirnhart or whatever the kids name is, did last year to go to IU. Makes them seem petty to me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-31, 12:37

When is it ever a good look to wear piss ywlloq
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-03-31, 12:37

Yellow
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 12:43

InTenSity wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Wow, pretty unfair if you ask me. Makes them look weak.
Not only that, but I think B_ even says he expects him to appeal and win the appeal, like Beirnhart or whatever the kids name is, did last year to go to IU. Makes them seem petty to me.

How many hoops players really care or keep in touch with that program? Doesn't seem like much of a 'family' atmosphere.

Seems like Stauskas cares, and it seems like it burns Jaylen's ass that he's not embraced by the school. Outside of that they don't have any die hard former alum that really give a shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 12:52

steveschneider wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

How many hoops players really care or keep in touch with that program? Doesn't seem like much of a 'family' atmosphere.

Seems like Stauskas cares, and it seems like it burns Jaylen's ass that he's not embraced by the school. Outside of that they don't have any die hard former alum that really give a shit.

This kid cares

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-03-31, 12:56

Didn't they use the Iowa QB last year? So??? What's the diff? Let spike transfer.

By the way, , his dad is cool as hell and knows Skiles. I'd take Spike here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 13:00

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This kid cares

Wow, what an asshole.

Saw some dumb video at the top of my feed the other day that had two UofM students going to a Bernie Sanders rally trying to raise money for Trumps Wall in Mexico. I took the click bait and watched about 2 minutes of it. Really pathetic attempt at trolling and just made them look like bigots.

The diversity at that school for african americans, latinos and native americans is embarrassingly low. Schools half the size of UofM have double the number of enrolled students and this includes Ivy League schools that are better academic institutions.

School of rich entitled bigots.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-31, 13:02

Sounds like someone from the east coast... Not NYC, but like Maryland or CT
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 13:05

xsanguine wrote:Sounds like someone from the east coast... Not NYC, but like Maryland or CT

From NYC.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/29/heres-why-a-michigan-student-says-he-berated-an-uber-driver-with-profanities/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-31, 13:12

A fucking manhattanite.... No wonder I couldn't place it... And also not surprised by the behavior.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 13:18

xsanguine wrote:A fucking manhattanite.... No wonder I couldn't place it... And also not surprised by the behavior.

He is claiming the video is one sided. Says his rant was provoked by the driver's discrimination and Anti-Semitic remarks. Driver has been suspended and the rider cut off from future service.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 13:23

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Sounds like someone from the east coast... Not NYC, but like Maryland or CT

From NYC.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/29/heres-why-a-michigan-student-says-he-berated-an-uber-driver-with-profanities/

Wow, his dad is a multi millionaire that kid will get away with it. Power attorneys are probably calling the school, Uber and Youtube about the video.

Whether the kid's claims are true or fabricated that the outburst was provoked that driver is fucked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-31, 13:35

Kid grew up in Westchester or Upper East/West sides. Yes, I'm being prejudice.

If the driver did make anti-Semitic comments towards him the reaction is more understandable but I have a hard time believing it. Reason being is Michigan doesn't really have much of a Jewish population and Michiganders aren't as hip to determining whether someone is Jewish or not unless there was some sort of conversation that took place to indicate as such.

If this were in NY or anywhere on the East Coast I would be more apt to believe his story. Not saying it didn't happen, of course... Very well could have an Uber driver that knows how to spot a Jewish person or an east coast to MI transplant (that seems pretty rare, too)... Just seems strange.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-31, 13:59

Ok, he is pulling the scholarship away and then at the same time trying to block the transfer? For the 2nd year in a row?
What a prick?! How is that even allowed?
I would be so pissed off after going through surgery and being a good sport cheering the team on the bench for a year only to be dumped.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-31, 14:02

Also, Bline seems awfully dumb for a purported smart guy. He seems to be doing a reverse Crean by getting rid of his best players
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-03-31, 14:14

And now he is recruiting a grad transfer from Columbia despite being currently out of scholarships and telling Spike there wasn't room.
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/03/30/michigan-basketball-grant-mullins/82444642/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-31, 14:24

I'm outraged
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 14:25

The_Dude wrote:I'm outraged

Look who is here to defend B_____. I'm not surprised.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 14:45

xsanguine wrote:Kid grew up in Westchester or Upper East/West sides. Yes, I'm being prejudice.

If the driver did make anti-Semitic comments towards him the reaction is more understandable but I have a hard time believing it. Reason being is Michigan doesn't really have much of a Jewish population and Michiganders aren't as hip to determining whether someone is Jewish or not unless there was some sort of conversation that took place to indicate as such.

If this were in NY or anywhere on the East Coast I would be more apt to believe his story. Not saying it didn't happen, of course... Very well could have an Uber driver that knows how to spot a Jewish person or an east coast to MI transplant (that seems pretty rare, too)... Just seems strange.

Why did the kid order the driver again if that's how he was treated in the past?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-03-31, 14:49

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Kid grew up in Westchester or Upper East/West sides. Yes, I'm being prejudice.

Why did the kid order the driver again if that's how he was treated in the past?

Probably cause he's a rich, lying asshole from Manhattan (by way of Westchester, Stamford, or Oyster Bay)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-31, 14:51

Turtleneck wrote:

Why is he outraged? It's just a message board.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-03-31, 16:30

Turtleneck wrote:

I just find it funny when opposing fans get mad over questionable tactics almost every major school in hoops or football do. Top programs and their coaches are paid to win. Pretty much nothing else matters.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-03-31, 16:34

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I just find it funny when opposing fans get mad over questionable tactics almost every major school in hoops or football do. Top programs and their coaches are paid to win. Pretty much nothing else matters.
You know the outrage originated with Pat Forde, right? I don't think he's an opposing fan of um. I know you have to defend them as much as possible, though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 16:37

The_Dude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I just get mad when opposing fans question tactics UM hoops or football coaches use. They are paid to win. Nothing else matters. They could shoot somebody and I would still support them. Same with Trump.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-03-31, 17:10

Who is mad?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 17:13

NigelUno wrote:Who is mad?

The Dude is mad that you called out UM about something.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 17:48

Tom Izzo should try to get Spike and make some noise about this. Would be great for the Rivalry and funny to turn him green.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-03-31, 17:53

steveschneider wrote:Tom Izzo should try to get Spike and make some noise about this. Would be great for the Rivalry and funny to turn him green.

I don't think he is the best use of a scholarship.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-03-31, 18:13

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Tom Izzo should try to get Spike and make some noise about this. Would be great for the Rivalry and funny to turn him green.

I don't think he is the best use of a scholarship.

For one year what could it hurt? Just do it as an FU to Michigan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-01, 10:36

Belein or um did a 180. No restrictions for Albrecht or Doyle. Does the school actually know what the internet is, and how fast information travels in today's world?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-01, 10:42

InTenSity wrote:Belein or um did a 180. No restrictions for Albrecht or Doyle. Does the school actually know what the internet is, and how fast information travels in today's world?

UM is the real Trump University. The arrogance and incompetence to match. Harbaugh is the Trump of football coaches, too. It all makes sense.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-01, 10:52

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/04/01/michigan-basketball-transfer-rules/82508986/

"When Albrecht met with Beilein last week and wondered about his future, Beilein repeated there was no available scholarship for him at Michigan. So U-M granted his conditional release early this week. When Doyle met with Beilein, he and his family were told the same thing."

Aren't Big Ten scholarships for 4 years? Sounds like Beilein blatantly cut Doyle.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-01, 10:55

NigelUno wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/04/01/michigan-basketball-transfer-rules/82508986/

"When Albrecht met with Beilein last week and wondered about his future, Beilein repeated there was no available scholarship for him at Michigan. So U-M granted his conditional release early this week. When Doyle met with Beilein, he and his family were told the same thing."

Aren't Big Ten scholarships for 4 years? Sounds like Beilein blatantly cut Doyle.
Spike graduated, so he was there for 4 years. Doyle, I'm not sure about.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-01, 10:58

What about the German kid that was supposed to be the greatest player of all time. Is he still around?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-01, 11:01

Freep SportsVerified account ‏@freepsports
UPDATE: John Beilein and Michigan will remove transfer restrictions for Spike Albrecht and Ricky Doyle. http://on.freep.com/1pQMJL9 #Wolverines
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-01, 11:01

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/04/01/michigan-basketball-transfer-rules/82508986/

Spike graduated, so he was there for 4 years. Doyle, I'm not sure about.

Doyle was/is a Soph.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next