Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club

+3
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Giant Moose
7 posters

Go down

Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club Empty Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 06:56

Here are all the programs with exactly 2 titles, sorted by the percentage of winning the title when making a Final Four.

1. NC State (1974, 1983) -- 67%
1. San Francisco (1955, 1956) -- 67%
3. Florida (2006, 2007) -- 40%
3. Villanova (1985, 2016) -- 40%
5. Cincinnati (1951, 1952) -- 33%
5. Oklahoma State (1945, 1946) -- 33%
7. Michigan State (1979, 2000) -- 22%

Congrats, Nova! Basketball

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2016-04-05, 07:14; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club Empty Re: Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-05, 07:13

Wrong.

University of San Francisco (Bill Russell and KC Jones) went back to back in 55 and 56 and also made FF in 57.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club Empty Re: Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 07:15

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Wrong.

University of San Francisco (Bill Russell and KC Jones) went back to back in 55 and 56 and also made FF in 57.

Sorry, I'm a little rusty with posting due to my recent banning. I updated.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-05, 07:16

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-05, 07:17

That was a hell of a program back in the day. The Dons. You know some guys were getting paid there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 07:18

DWags wrote:

That was a hell of a program back in the day. The Dons. You know some guys were getting paid there.
Yep, everyone who wins titles cheats. Even Mr. March!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=5931058
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-05, 07:29

DWags wrote:

The really were a great program until (San) Quintin Dailey killed the program.

He really was fun to watch on the court. Unfortunately he also was a fuck up and probably a rapist (at least at USF)

He and Jordan did not get along in Chicago and they shipped Dailey out to the Clips.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-05, 07:46

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
DWags wrote:

He really was fun to watch on the court. Unfortunately he also was a fuck up and probably a rapist (at least at USF)

He and Jordan did not get along in Chicago and they shipped Dailey out to the Clips.

I remember watching them in the 70's on t.v., can't remember all the names. They could ball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-05, 08:35

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I remember watching them in the 70's on t.v., can't remember all the names. They could ball.

Their most famous alums were Russell, KC Jones, Dailey, and Medical Bill Cartwright.

They were totally out of control in regards to paying players and fixing grades/tests for players. The USF President shut the program down for three years in the early 80s because of it. They obviously have never recovered from that.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-05, 08:39

So MSU has made the final four more times than anybody on that list and won it 22% of the time when you have a 25% of winning it. So they are doing what they're supposed to. AWESOME!

GO GREEN.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 08:40

kingstonlake wrote:So MSU has made the final four more times than anybody on that list and won it 22% of the time when you have a 25% of winning it. So they are doing what they're supposed to. AWESOME!

GO GREEN.
Agreed. It is awesome being the best of the elite-lite category.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-05, 08:46

Sorry for your loss last night Moose.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-05, 08:47

The_Dude wrote:Sorry for your loss last night Moose.

Welcome Nova for joining us in the 2-title Club Billmurray_zpsqs3m6qnb
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 08:49

The_Dude wrote:Sorry for your loss last night Moose.
I'm happy. We have more company in the 2-title Club. I was sad when UConn left this club for the dead. I just hope Nova stays in this club for awhile like we have. It's a really fun place to be.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-05, 08:52

Well deserved second title. Played amazing defense, rebounded really well and took down a top team loaded with NBA talent. It was awesome.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-05, 08:56

steveschneider wrote:Well deserved second title. Played amazing defense, rebounded really well and took down a top team loaded with NBA talent. It was awesome.

It was an amazing title game. Two best teams in America were left in my opinion. And it was a fitting finish. fun to watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-05, 11:09

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Well deserved second title. Played amazing defense, rebounded really well and took down a top team loaded with NBA talent. It was awesome.

It was an amazing title game. Two best teams in America were left in my opinion. And it was a fitting finish. fun to watch.

Funny that the best title game of all time followed the worst final 4 games of all time.

I agree with you on them being the two best team. Great point guard play too, Ryan Arcidiacono was amazing to watch. He had one play where he drove in pulled back out and did a spin move to hit an open jumper. All net. I think this happened around 6 minutes left and they two teams were trading the lead back and forth.

The UNC 3pt shot to tie it up was unbelievable as well. That really was an amazing game. I didn't care who won, just wanted to see some great basketball.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-05, 11:33

Is UNC really 'loaded' with NBA talent?

Just looked at the latest mock draft, and Brice Johnson is the nly predicted first round pick and he's a borderline round 1 guy.

This was the year for MSU to beat UNC. This team isnt even close to the 2005 or 2009 UNC teams.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-04-05, 11:39

The_Dude wrote:

Just looked at the latest mock draft, and Brice Johnson is the nly predicted first round pick and he's a borderline round 1 guy.

This was the year for MSU to beat UNC. This team isnt even close to the 2005 or 2009 UNC teams.
We should worry about UNC less and focus on March. Besides one Trice beast mode, Mr. March has struggled to get out of March the last 6 seasons since he flirted with the NBA. I wonder if he is having any remorse, especially seeing how Donovan is doing well.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-05, 11:44

Giant Moose wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

We should worry about UNC less and focus on March. Besides one Trice beast mode, Mr. March has struggled to get out of March the last 6 seasons since he flirted with the NBA. I wonder if he is having any remorse, especially seeing how Donovan is doing well.

Donovan was always a 'players coach' thats why he got guys like Horford and Roberson that Izzo didn't recruit.

You have to be a players type of coach in the NBA because the players are bigger than the coach, where that's not the case in college. Not sure Izzo's style would have worked in the NBA where you have to cow tow to the stars.

UF is a football school and Donovon was wise to leave, he had maxed out what he could accomplish there.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-05, 12:36

The_Dude wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Donovan was always a 'players coach' thats why he got guys like Horford and Roberson that Izzo didn't recruit.

You have to be a players type of coach in the NBA because the players are bigger than the coach, where that's not the case in college. Not sure Izzo's style would have worked in the NBA where you have to cow tow to the stars.

UF is a football school and Donovon was wise to leave, he had maxed out what he could accomplish there.

I think college is becoming a blend of a players league.

Cal has clearly taken it there. I'm sure at UNC, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky you are paid and coddled during your time there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-05, 13:00

steveschneider wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I think college is becoming a blend of a players league.

Cal has clearly taken it there. I'm sure at UNC, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky you are paid and coddled during your time there.

Yeah, in the OAD era you are probably more right than you are wrong. Look at Swanigan and all the baggage he had.

But, Duke, UNC, UK...they will always get top players because of their brand and not necessarily because of the 'player coaches' but I agree those 3 schools have very friendly 'player coaches.'

The OAD rule really just needs to go away. Allows kids to go pro from HS, and if they decide to go to college, they have to stay two years.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down