Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball.

+11
kingstonlake
Death Roe
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
DoogieHouser
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. Empty College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball.

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-04-07, 10:12

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/hoops-helmets-predicting-best-basketball-football-schools-for-2016-17
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. Empty Re: College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-07, 10:12

Goddamn right doogie. Goddamn right.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. Empty Re: College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 10:13

Hillary is on quite the losing streak, huh Doogie?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 10:16

How many years in a row has it been that we've been sold the Michigan hype? This year for realsies!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 10:23

lol! lol! lol!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-04-07, 10:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How many years in a row has it been that we've been sold the Michigan hype? This year for realsies!

"But Jim Harbaugh has already won 10 games in a season." I don't think anyone has ever done that before.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-07, 10:25

Aren't we 9 And they are 1 I am confused doogie
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-04-07, 10:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Aren't we 9 And they are 1 I am confused doogie

Doogie tricked us

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. 3669899363
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 10:29

yeah, I wish we had the Michigan programs in football and basketball. It's so much more satisfying to say "Wait till you see us next year" than actually enjoy victories on the field and court.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-07, 10:31

I did not click on the link otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-07, 10:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Doogie takes time out of his morning to share links with us and celebrate our friendship and you don't even have the decency to click the link.

Don't worry doogie - I appreciate you
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-07, 10:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Doogie takes time out of his morning to share links with us and celebrate our friendship and you don't even have the decency to click the link.

Don't worry doogie - I appreciate you

I appreciate him more then you do. Like 100x more.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 10:36

And 100 x's more better is what uofm is than MSU in football and basketball.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 10:44

MSU won its championship game in football and basketball last year and 2 of the last 3 years. How many schools have come close to doing that?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-07, 10:47

This is pretty stupid.

I would say honestly we will probably be better than UM in football this year. Like 55% chance we are. Cut that down to 50% chance for the sake of objectivity. Because of Harboners let's say the media thinks it's 40/60.

For MBB, there is, objectively, what? A 2% chance that they're going to be the better team next year?

So how do you arrive at those rankings?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-07, 10:48

The_Dude wrote:MSU won its championship game in football and basketball last year and 2 of the last 3 years. How many schools have come close to doing that?

We have the best athletic department in the country. No doubt about it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-07, 10:53

Michigan finished in 8th place in basketball.

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. 1f602
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 10:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is pretty stupid.

I would say honestly we will probably be better than UM in football this year. Like 55% chance we are. Cut that down to 50% chance for the sake of objectivity. Because of Harboners let's say the media thinks it's 40/60.

For MBB, there is, objectively, what? A 2% chance that they're going to be the better team next year?

So how do you arrive at those rankings?

Im hopefully optimistic with football this year. I think our D could be better especially if Davis and Copeland are ready to rock. QB isn't really a concern for me, but WR and OL is. If we can't run the ball, we could be screwed. Id like to see more TE usage while the young studs at WR get their feet wet. Price/Lyles should be a deadly combo. Madaris is a bust, so hopefully Felton Davis, Shelton, and Corley/Chambers can be an effective group.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-07, 10:57

Madaris is a bust. lol. Where do you get this shit?

The staff has been saying he looks excellent this Spring and could be the guy this year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-07, 10:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Madaris is a bust. lol. Where do you get this shit?

The staff has been saying he looks excellent this Spring and could be the guy this year.

He's too busy throwing Dawson in prison for life to think about these things.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 11:03

Ok. He's a senior and has done absolutely nothing in his career to date. A bust so far.

Maybe he can have a good last year?

You probably consider Drake Harris a bust for UM, right? But that same standard doesn't apply to guys on MSU?

Unlike almost everyone here, I don't use double standards just because a guy plays for my team. Most people do.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 11:04

The_Dude wrote:

Ok.  He's a senior and has done absolutely nothing in his career to date.  A bust so far.

You probably consider Drake Harris a bust for UM, right?  But that same standard doesn't apply to guys on MSU?

Unlike almost everyone here, I don't use double standards just because a guy plays for my team.  Most people do.

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. 502811600 What?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-07, 11:09

The_Dude wrote:

Ok. He's a senior and has done absolutely nothing in his career to date. A bust so far.

You probably consider Drake Harris a bust for UM, right? But that same standard doesn't apply to guys on MSU?

Unlike almost everyone here, I don't use double standards just because a guy plays for my team. Most people do.

Listen I'm not gonna insult you, and I applaud your nobility but you have to apply logic. What is the difference between the past few years of football at UM and MSU? How many players at the WR position has UM put into the NFL? What does the depth chart ahead of Drake Harris look like on one campus? What has the depth chart ahead of the other guy looked like at the other campus?

Just think for a minute before you spout off with your hot takes. That's all anyone asks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-07, 11:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Listen I'm not gonna insult you, and I applaud your nobility but you have to apply logic. What is the difference between the past few years of football at UM and MSU? How many players at the WR position has UM put into the NFL? What does the depth chart ahead of Drake Harris look like on one campus? What has the depth chart ahead of the other guy looked like at the other campus?

Just think for a minute before you spout off with your hot takes. That's all anyone asks.

Guilty until proven innocent.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-07, 11:12

"Garbage human being, remove his Spartan card" - Dude on Dawson's accusations

WHOOPS
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-07, 11:12

The_Dude wrote:

He was a three star with an FSU and Nebraska offer. Easy now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 11:18

So, wait, Monty Madaris had a leg injury last year, missed the first 4 games. Came in agaisnt Purdue, caught two passes for 47 yards which were huge for us. Thne did exceptionally in Dantonio's blocking scheme. But wait, we're beat to shit in the defensive backfield, so they ask this kid to switch to defense and give him on eweek to learn shit and he plays against Nebraska.

He ended the year appearing in 10 games. played both offense and defense for us and that is somehow a bust? Do some people believe you're only a great player for your team if you have outstanding numbers? Are they that ignorant to what goes on in football?

I'd not comapare that to a third year player who only appeared in 5 games, three against the likes of UNLV, BYU and Oregon State, had only 4 catches and didn't travel with the team to some games.

Maybe it's just a bad comparison, and Drake Harris has a chance to contribute later in his career. But If I was able to pick between the two for my team right now, I'd probably take the two way player that played for a championship team. That's just me though, some people definitely pick on hype and name
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-07, 11:23

DWags wrote:So, wait, Monty Madaris had a leg injury last year, missed the first 4 games. Came in agaisnt Purdue, caught two passes for 47 yards which were huge for us. Thne did exceptionally in Dantonio's blocking scheme. But wait, we're beat to shit in the defensive backfield, so they ask this kid to switch to defense and give him on eweek to learn shit and he plays against Nebraska.

He ended the year appearing in 10 games. played both offense and defense for us and that is somehow a bust? Do some people believe you're only a great player for your team if you have outstanding numbers? Are they that ignorant to what goes on in football?

I'd not comapare that to a third year player who only appeared in 5 games, three against the likes of UNLV, BYU and Oregon State, had only 4 catches and didn't travel with the team to some games.

Maybe it's just a bad comparison, and Drake Harris has a chance to contribute later in his career. But If I was able to pick between the two for my team right now, I'd probably take the two way player that played for a championship team. That's just me though, some people definitely pick on hype and name

Fuck you and your facts and logic. He's a bust.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-07, 12:04

I think this is doogie's best thread ever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-04-07, 12:56

DoogieHouser wrote:http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/hoops-helmets-predicting-best-basketball-football-schools-for-2016-17

I see. MSU will lose more than the 4 SCUm will lose in Football and the SCUm Basketball Team will magically emerge as a force in the Big Ten and MSU will take SCum's 8th place. OK. Sure.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 13:01

What a joke. Who the fuck is this guy?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 13:11

DWags wrote:So, wait, Monty Madaris had a leg injury last year, missed the first 4 games. Came in agaisnt Purdue, caught two passes for 47 yards which were huge for us. Thne did exceptionally in Dantonio's blocking scheme. But wait, we're beat to shit in the defensive backfield, so they ask this kid to switch to defense and give him on eweek to learn shit and he plays against Nebraska.

You can spin it anyway you want, but Madaris has done nothing in his career and he's on his last year of eligibility. So yeah, a bust so far.

Maybe he can have a breakout year. I hope he does. They 'why' doesn't matter, just the 'is'.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-07, 13:26

The_Dude wrote:

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. Kobe+Bryant+Branden+Dawson+Los+Angeles+Clippers+8yZiwJ69uoql
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 13:34

You really don't know shit about football do you dude. I'm guessing you go to games and just watch the ball and then you bitch if we dont;' get enough yards and the other team gets more than they need. Two way player who picked up defensive schemes that quick to help his team, schemes that reload blitzes and coerages on the fly depending on motion, was a pretty exceptional blocker and you're calling him a bust. It's really not that hard to watch the whole field. It's actually quite enlightening after a while.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-07, 13:47

DWags wrote:You really don't know shit about football do you dude. I'm guessing you go to games and just watch the ball and then you bitch if we dont;' get enough yards and the other team gets more than they need. Two way player who picked up defensive schemes that quick to help his team, schemes that reload blitzes and coerages on the fly depending on motion, was a pretty exceptional blocker and you're calling him a bust. It's really not that hard to watch the whole field. It's actually quite enlightening after a while.
You're arguing with the guy who knows more about scums running back recruiting than MSU football. Just think about that for a minute.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 13:51

College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. 502811600 My bad
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 14:06

DWags wrote:You really don't know shit about football do you dude. I'm guessing you go to games and just watch the ball and then you bitch if we dont;' get enough yards and the other team gets more than they need. Two way player who picked up defensive schemes that quick to help his team, schemes that reload blitzes and coerages on the fly depending on motion, was a pretty exceptional blocker and you're calling him a bust. It's really not that hard to watch the whole field. It's actually quite enlightening after a while.

Yeah, first thing I think of when I hear Monty Madaris is his blocking prowess. Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-07, 14:08

What's the first thing you think of when you hear Drake Harris? College Football News: um not better than us in football, and far inferior in basketball. 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-04-07, 14:08

Congrats on your first btp doogie. Proud of ya!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-07, 14:08

Weren't Aaron Burbridge, Blair White and Tony Lippett all breakouts in their senior years?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next