Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America

+5
Turtleneck
xsanguine
Jethro Bodeen
The_Dude
Rocinante
9 posters

Go down

Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America Empty Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 12:28

As illustated again last night by this cringe-worthy exchange.

I was sitting in a restaurant and there was a small group of white people in a booth on the other side of a dividing wall from me. They were talking about spanish. It was clear that one of them (a woman) was taking classes. One of the workers came up to clear their places and the woman began talking to her a little in spanish and asking her for tips. Totally cool. The worker was obvi a native spanish speaker.

Then the convo takes this turn:

Woman: Do you go to church?
Worker: Yes, I go to (unintelligible)
Woman: Oh, you go to Holy Name (Catholic Church)?!
Worker: Yes, I'm catholic.
Woman: when do you go? We go to Holy Name?!
Worker: (confused) What?
Woman: You go to Holy Name? The Church? Yellow brick building?
Worker: No, no. I go to catholic church in Buffalo.
Woman: Oh, do you live in Buffalo?
Worker: No. I live here.
Woman: Oh you should go to Holy Name! You can come over to my place after church and we can speak spanish!
Worker: Oh. Okay. Yes.
Woman: Yes, you could cook for us too.

Neutral
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America Empty Re: Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-07, 12:34

Yeah, but if you are religious and brown or black or yellow...you are awesome! Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America 3742235224
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America Empty Re: Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 12:39

The_Dude wrote:Yeah, but if you are religious and brown or black or yellow...you are awesome! Religious white people are still the most clueless people in America 3742235224

There are no black or yellow people, poster, The _Dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-04-07, 12:44

Rocinante wrote:As illustated again last night by this cringe-worthy exchange.

I was sitting in a restaurant and there was a small group of white people in a booth on the other side of a dividing wall from me. They were talking about spanish. It was clear that one of them (a woman) was taking classes. One of the workers came up to clear their places and the woman began talking to her a little in spanish and asking her for tips. Totally cool. The worker was obvi a native spanish speaker.

Woman: Oh you should go to Holy Name! You can come over to my place after church and we can speak spanish!

Neutral

It takes great intelligence to eavesdrop on and to be judgemental of others. So you got that going for you.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 12:52

Jethro Bodeen wrote:
Rocinante wrote:As illustated again last night by this cringe-worthy exchange.

Neutral

It takes great intelligence to eavesdrop on and to be judgemental of others. So you got that going for you.

Thanks Jethro. What you just said makes no sense. But thanks anyway for participating.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 14:10

Whistle.gif
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-07, 14:21

I do not understand what is happening.

Are in you in New York, Roc?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 14:30

I had a Jamaican co-worker tell me black people commit so much crime because slaves came from West Africa and West Africans are more aggressive due to their higher levels of testosterone..

Strangely no one called him out for his racist transgressions.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-07, 14:51

xsanguine wrote:I had a Jamaican co-worker tell me black people commit so much crime because slaves came from West Africa and West Africans are more aggressive due to their higher levels of testosterone..

I bet he's into phrenology, too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-04-07, 14:52

xsanguine wrote:I had a Jamaican co-worker tell me black people commit so much crime because slaves came from West Africa and West Africans are more aggressive due to their higher levels of testosterone..

I played golf with an Asian Jamaican. It's not what you'd expect. Just imagine walking up to someone who looks like a Chinese/Mexican mix with a full blown Jamaican accent. Great golfer though, fuckers short game is amazing. He also had 14 putts on the front nine, and that was with a 3 putt on the 9th hole.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 15:03

Rocinante wrote:

He does believe 9/11 was an inside job.

He's a brilliant guy, too... But has some interesting...."Theories".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-07, 15:05

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

He does believe 9/11 was an inside job.

He's a brilliant guy, too... But has some interesting...."Theories".

Does he like raw milk?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 15:08

He was raised on "steamed rice" that his mother would cook for him and his brothers in the suburbs of Kingston. That's half code.

But no, he's a vegan.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-04-07, 15:59

I disagree. Wouldn't Black religious people be more clueless?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 16:02

Roc isn't going to be running into any thing with pigment in Wyoming... So, of course not.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-04-07, 16:33

I sort of agree with the heading, just not sure that the restaurant story did anything to make the OP's case.

But yes, religious white folks are a big problem.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-04-07, 17:32

InTenSity wrote:

I played golf with an Asian Jamaican. It's not what you'd expect. Just imagine walking up to someone who looks like a Chinese/Mexican mix with a full blown Jamaican accent. Great golfer though, fuckers short game is amazing. He also had 14 putts on the front nine, and that was with a 3 putt on the 9th hole.
Was his name Louie, by any chance? I know a Jamaican Chinaman (his words to describe himself) named Louie. Hilarious guy, was a teacher at my daughter's old school. It really throws you for a loop when you first meet him and he loves seeing people's reaction when they first hear him speak.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-07, 17:54

InTenSity wrote:

That is a really interesting mixture. I had a friend who told me he knows a white Jamaican. I would honestly think he was just fucked in the head unless he had someone to vouch for him. Apparently they (white Jamaicans) make up 3.2% of the population (there's 22,000 Chinese Jamaicans as of 1998).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-04-07, 18:31

xsanguine wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

That is a really interesting mixture. I had a friend who told me he knows a white Jamaican. I would honestly think he was just fucked in the head unless he had someone to vouch for him. Apparently they (white Jamaicans) make up 3.2% of the population (there's 22,000 Chinese Jamaicans as of 1998).
Someone had to own the slaves that were brought there to work the sugar plantations. I'd think the whites are probably descendants of British land owners, plus maybe some pirates/privateers that had gone straight and settled down there. Similar with the Bahamas.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down