Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits

+8
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
The_Dude
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Vlad
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits Empty Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Don't know where I stand on this. When we miss out on one, I want him. When they leave after a year, I wonder why I wanted him in the first place. DD was committed to MSU a heck of a lot longer than he actually played for MSU. WTF is that all about?

Anyway willing to bring some clarity on this for me? TIA.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits Empty Re: Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:04 pm

I can't do it either. Starting to really get turned off in general at the culture of college hoops.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits Empty Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Don't know where I stand on this. When we miss out on one, I want him (and blame Izzo). When they leave after a year, I wonder why I wanted him in the first place (and blame Izzo). DD was committed to MSU a heck of a lot longer than he actually played for MSU. WTF is that all about??

Anyone willing to bring some clarity on this for me? TIA.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits Empty Re: Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Seriously, there's no chance they have a team that can compete for a NC in the next 2-4 years. Why would he stay? This is a one and done I have no problem with. If they were stacked and he was a key to a deep run, that would be different to me, because he could clearly benefit from a few more years being coached by Izzo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Easy. DD = projected lottery pick in a weak draft class. Go get that $$$.

/thread
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm starting to warm up to the none and done.  Just let any kid apply for the draft and take their chances.  You either get drafted or you don't.  If you don't get drafted and want to go college, it's on your own dime.  If you go to college on your own dime, leave anytime you want.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 pm

1. I only like one-and-done's when they come to MSU as fine student-athletes, participate in hard work in the classroom, the basketball court and in the community. When they leave, I wish them all the best in the world, I thank them for their hard work and admire the strength it took for them to make such a difficult decision. I am very happy that they can provide for their family the things we will likely never be able to provide for ours.

2. all other one-and-done's are products of athletic/academic/financial fraud and can die and burn in hell.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 pm

The_Dude wrote:Easy. DD = projected lottery pick in a weak draft class. Go get that $$$.

/thread

Problem is his one year got us nothing. I mean maybe he contributed to the btt title, but not like he owned that shit. Meanwhile, dudes like Ahrens and Goins didn't get minutes to help prepare for next year
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Easy. DD = projected lottery pick in a weak draft class. Go get that $$$.

/thread

Problem is his one year got us nothing. I mean maybe he contributed to the btt title, but not like he owned that shit. Meanwhile, dudes like Ahrens and Goins didn't get minutes to help prepare for next year

So you blame Izzo right?

Right?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:17 pm

OOPS! Don't know how that happened.

Let's blame Izzo for this, close this thread and move to the other one.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Fuck you. Close the other one!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:23 pm

I've gotten used to the idea of one & dones. Back when ZBo was here, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I can't be anything but happy for a kid who is going to be paid millions while fulfilling a dream.

My only real issue with the 1&D players is identifying with them, as Spartans, later on. We barely got to know Randolph and Davis, and not much more with Brown and Harris, either. By the time a player is in his 3rd and 4th year, we've come to know them much better, have seen them grow and mature, and they're one of us us. Not so much for DD or ZBo. EL was just a quick stop on their basketball journey.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Rocinante wrote:Fuck you. Close the other one!

This.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:30 pm

I remember back in the days of tRCMB "Turkey Sandwich with Timbo" podcast.. I had one turkey sandwich and I was done.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I remember back in the days of tRCMB "Turkey Sandwich with Timbo" podcast.. I had one turkey sandwich and I was done.

I read he left or is leaving MSU. Seems odd. I figured he was going to be a lifer there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Blanch32 wrote:

/thread

Goins didn't get minutes?

And Ahrens plays PF?

So according to you, every one and done that doesn't get to the FF is a wasted season for that school? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:36 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I've gotten used to the idea of one & dones. Back when ZBo was here, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I can't be anything but happy for a kid who is going to be paid millions while fulfilling a dream.

My only real issue with the 1&D players is identifying with them, as Spartans, later on. We barely got to know Randolph and Davis, and not much more with Brown and Harris, either. By the time a player is in his 3rd and 4th year, we've come to know them much better, have seen them grow and mature, and they're one of us us. Not so much for DD or ZBo. EL was just a quick stop on their basketball journey.

Agree. I recognize ZRandolph as an MSU guy, but can't really get myself to call him a Spartan. He was just passing through. Same for DD. He was barely here when he was here (mentally), judging from his facial expressions.

It's not about being happy for the kid(s). Sure, I'm happy for DD. But this is about....well, about blaming Izzo, pretty much. You're not helping.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:Seriously, there's no chance they have a team that can compete for a NC in the next 2-4 years. Why would he stay? This is a one and done I have no problem with. If they were stacked and he was a key to a deep run, that would be different to me, because he could clearly benefit from a few more years being coached by Izzo.

?? When they're ranked Top 7 with him? That means they have no chance? OK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:47 pm

Vlad wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I've gotten used to the idea of one & dones. Back when ZBo was here, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but I can't be anything but happy for a kid who is going to be paid millions while fulfilling a dream.

Agree. I recognize ZRandolph as an MSU guy, but can't really get myself to call him a Spartan. He was just passing through. Same for DD. He was barely here when he was here (mentally), judging from his facial expressions.

It's not about being happy for the kid(s). Sure, I'm happy for DD. But this is about....well, about blaming Izzo, pretty much. You're not helping.

That's a good way to put it. Also, Fire Izzo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:47 pm

You guys get that one and dones will help us croot so it's not like Davis was worthless. And he said he is going to come back to campus as a pro
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I remember back in the days of tRCMB "Turkey Sandwich with Timbo" podcast.. I had one turkey sandwich and I was done.

I read he left or is leaving MSU. Seems odd. I figured he was going to be a lifer there.
I'd like to thank him for all he's done for MSU and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Seriously, there's no chance they have a team that can compete for a NC in the next 2-4 years. Why would he stay? This is a one and done I have no problem with. If they were stacked and he was a key to a deep run, that would be different to me, because he could clearly benefit from a few more years being coached by Izzo.

Ranked by who? Where are the points going to come from?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 pm

I merged those two threads. Someone say thank you for my effective and timely modding.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You guys get that one and dones will help us croot so it's not like Davis was worthless. And he said he is going to come back to campus as a pro

You get that you should shut your ass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'd like to thank him for all he's done for MSU and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

He's a great Spartan and fine American.
Wait. Reverse that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I merged those two threads. Someone say thank you for my effective and timely modding.
"Mod at a tSwill" is going to be really impressive on your CV.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

...great Spartan....
...fine American....

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'd like to thank him for all he's done for MSU and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

Wait. Reverse that.
"Timbo" is a little bit of everything.. all of the great superlatives ring true any time I think of the young man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I merged those two threads. Someone say thank you for my effective and timely modding.
"Mod at a tSwill" is going to be really impressive on your CV.

You're welcome.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Wait. Reverse that.
"Timbo" is a little bit of everything.. all of the great superlatives ring true any time I think of the young man.

I'll bet he wears khakis, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:56 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"Timbo" is a little bit of everything.. all of the great superlatives ring true any time I think of the young man.

his haircut would suggest that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

his haircut would suggest that.

Can't say as I've seen it seen he wore the green and white on the team, but I'll take your word for it as confirmation of my suspicions.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:58 pm

I don't agree with this excessive moderation. You are clearly on a power trip.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I don't agree with this excessive moderation. You are clearly on a power trip.

I don't really care what you think wbh. Bow before my unlimited power.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:00 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:his haircut would suggest that.

Can't say as I've seen it seen he wore the green and white on the team, but I'll take your word for it as confirmation of my suspicions.
I've ran into him at the Lake Lansing Meijer a few times.. it was ironic, as I was in the midst of purchasing supplies for a turkey sandwich.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

More than one early mock 25. Points? Harris - Bridges - Langford - Winston dropping dimes like pigeon shit - Ellis III - McQuaid - Christ points will be raining down upon our enemies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

More than one early mock 25. Points? Harris - Bridges - Langford - Winston dropping dimes like pigeon shit - Ellis III - McQuaid - Christ points will be raining down upon our enemies.

I appreciate your confidence, if nothing else.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've ran into him at the Lake Lansing Meijer a few times.. it was ironic, as I was in the midst of purchasing supplies for a turkey sandwich.

Help me sort through my feelings on "one-n-done" hoops recruits 502811600 You should've asked him to join you and share his thoughts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Can we get back to sorting through my feelings please?!?! You fuckers try to hijack every fuckin' thread in which I blame Izzo for everything!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 pm

...Vlad...
...Izzo....

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next