Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow.

+9
Turtleneck
xsanguine
steveschneider
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. Empty Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 11:48

#RecordStoreDay

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. Empty Re: Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-15, 11:51

Stupid millennials making a day for everything
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. Empty Re: Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow.

Post by Death Roe 2016-04-15, 11:51

No record stores near me. Sorry.

*continues streaming/torrenting*
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-15, 11:52

Is this a Hallmark holiday?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-15, 11:52

Bob do you like the one on divison? I used to live on division.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 11:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob do you like the one on divison? I used to live on division.
I like Heather that owns it a lot.. and Ian from Cheap Girls works there when he can. They're both always fun to hang out with.

Their selection is not terribly extensive. SBC has a wider variety - I prefer a couple of places in Grand Rapids. Anytime I'm in Kentucky, I slide by a store in Lexington. One of my favorite record stores on the planet. Asheville, NC also has a few good record stores - I actually saw the Truckers play in their parking lot years ago.. Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-15, 11:56

I'm gonna hang out at Harmony House all day tomorrow.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-15, 12:00

If I was an old ass hippy pretentious judgmental egotist, it would be very important that I let people know this.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 12:02

Rocinante wrote:If I was an old ass hippy pretentious judgmental egotist, it would be very important that I let people know this.
yeah, exactly. Or some sort of hipster.

I don't go to this stuff... it's kinda like going out drinking on New Years Eve with all the amateurs. I ain't getting near a record store on "National Record Store" day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-15, 12:03

http://peoplesdetroit.com

Bad ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 12:14

I think CDs sound better. Much cheaper too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-15, 12:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Stupid millennials making a day for everything

This
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 13:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Stupid millennials making a day for everything
Spartans Will Global Day of Service

I suspect they sleep better at night after their one day of service. Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-15, 13:24

FBC is a fantastic store. I hope it is still around. I would do a Google search but I do not want to.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-04-15, 13:31

Is Wearhouse Records still there next to America's Cup ?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 13:31

Turtleneck wrote:FBC is a fantastic store. I hope it is still around. I would do a Google search but I do not want to.
it's still there. Was in there last weekend.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 13:32

The Pantry wrote:Is Wearhouse Records still there next to America's Cup ?
I don't know.

There was a Wherehouse Records upstairs just west of the Peanut Barrel for a while.. now that area is a tattoo joint and an abortion clinic, I think.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-15, 13:34

I liked when they had Warehouse records in the plaza on S. Cedar and Edgewood Blvd. I think it's a Cici's Pizza now. Buying tickets in person was actually a lot more fun (besides the standing in line for an hour at 6am).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-15, 13:37

What's a record store?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-15, 13:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What's a record store?

A place to act "mysterious" in order to meet chicks.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 13:53

The Pantry wrote:Is Wearhouse Records still there next to America's Cup ?

Yep. Right across the ally from Jocundry's.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 13:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm gonna hang out at Harmony House all day tomorrow.

Dude. Pick me up and we can hit Harmony House and then Sam Goody. I'll chip in for gas.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-15, 14:03

xsanguine wrote:I liked when they had Warehouse records in the plaza on S. Cedar and Edgewood Blvd. I think it's a Cici's Pizza now. Buying tickets in person was actually a lot more fun (besides the standing in line for an hour at 6am).
yeah - I picked up some Springsteen tickets at Wherehouse Records for the 1996 show in Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-04-15, 14:05

Some record store owners want record store day to end;

http://thequietus.com/articles/19946-record-store-day-2016-shops-bad-reissues-bleugh
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-15, 14:12

Clarett's Folly wrote:Some record store owners want record store day to end;

http://thequietus.com/articles/19946-record-store-day-2016-shops-bad-reissues-bleugh

Thanks for sharing that.  I wasn't aware that the labels had made RSD all about them.  Not that it surprises me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-15, 14:39

Please visit people's in Detroit if your ever there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 14:41

I miss FBC but I outgrew record shops. Too pretentious out in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. You ware out your GNR album or a Zeppelin album and you have to deal with some angry record store clerk that is judging you for liking classic rock.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 14:47

steveschneider wrote:I miss FBC but I outgrew record shops. Too pretentious out in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. You wore out your GNR album or a Zeppelin album and you have to deal with some hateful cash register that is judging you for liking classic rock.

I'm going to try this again and hope it works, but I'll lay down the full link. High Fidelity was sofa king funny, back when Jack Black focused on what he was good at.

https://youtu.be/-ECyX8A3iP0
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-04-15, 14:47

steveschneider wrote:I miss FBC but I outgrew record shops. Too pretentious out in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. You ware out your GNR album or a Zeppelin album and you have to deal with some angry record store clerk that is judging you for liking classic rock.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-15, 14:48

I bought some music at The Grand Wazoo a few times. I know that is gone.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 14:54

steveschneider wrote:I miss FBC but I outgrew record shops. Too pretentious out in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. You ware out your GNR album or a Zeppelin album and you have to deal with some angry record store clerk that is judging you for liking classic rock.

There's also this scene, which isn't as funny but also true:

https://youtu.be/QOwjVVSNOtY
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 14:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Hahah, I love that movie. That nails it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 14:56

Turtleneck wrote:I bought some music at The Grand Wazoo a few times. I know that is gone.

Wazoo Records. The owner died of cancer. He was a great guy. If he was judging my tastes in music, and I'm sure he was, he didn't show it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-15, 14:58

Always wanted to live in Greenpoint. Never found anything I liked when the lease was up.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 15:01

Here's my contribution, I love this sketch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 15:03

xsanguine wrote:

Always wanted to live in Greenpoint. Never found anything I liked when the lease was up.

Beautiful neighborhoods, feels like a big college campus now. The G train sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-15, 15:10

The G will never change. Still real Polish or have the gentrified masses moved them out yet? Bushwick went from real low key and Spanish when I moved in to being the place of bars of hip restaurants within a couple of years. Was too much at the end.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-15, 15:14

tGreenWay wrote:

Nice video post. Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-15, 15:21

xsanguine wrote:The G will never change. Still real Polish or have the gentrified masses moved them out yet? Bushwick went from real low key and Spanish when I moved in to being the place of bars of hip restaurants within a couple of years. Was too much at the end.

My co-worker grew up there. They sold her grandmas building and moved to S. Carolina. They made a fortune.

Still a lot of polish, but Manhattan Ave is so different now. Tons of bars, hipsters, record stores, brunch places etc.

I walked down Metropolitan the other week and didn't even recognize it. Been a while but just amazed at how many high rises are there now.

Fun fact, Peter Kris grew up near the BQE near the Palace Bar by McGolrick park.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-04-15, 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Nice video post. Public Service Announcement: National Record Store Day is Tomorrow. 55953254

See the monkey learn a new trick!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down