Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here..

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. Empty Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 12:23

Hillary wins by 8-10%, mainstream media considers it a win for Bernie and wonders why Hillary's campaign is reeling....

Trump wins by 24%.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. Empty Re: Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here..

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 12:31

Hillary was already chosen to win the presidency at least a year ago.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. Empty Re: Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:15

xsanguine wrote:Hillary was already chosen to win the presidency at least a year ago.
it's the rules.

I can understand Bernie supporters whining about the delegate system (to a certain degree) - what's funny is when Republicans start whining about Hillary and her super delegates... I mean, ya know, she has an evil email account and she killed a bunch of people in Benghazi.. they might as well whine about how the Democrats and how they run their primary while they're at it.  Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 13:26

Trump wins big. Cruz will finish third.

Hillary will win, but I will say it stays within 10 points.

The differences in these campaigns are interesting. I went to 4/5 rallies but registered for all five. I get a minimum of one email a day from the Clinton Campaign. Kasich, Sanders, and Trump send fewer but I still get emails from those campaigns. All of them sent me something within 48 hours of registering. Nothing from the Cruz campaign. His whole campaign is low key when it comes to marketing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 13:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Hillary was already chosen to win the presidency at least a year ago.
it's the rules.

I can understand Bernie supporters whining about the delegate system (to a certain degree) - what's funny is when Republicans start whining about Hillary and her super delegates... I mean, ya know, she has an evil email account and she killed a bunch of people in Benghazi.. they might as well whine about how the Democrats and how they run their primary while they're at it.  Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 502811600

Been seeing those memes with the Stalin quote; "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

That's always been relevant in American politics but even more glaring now.

Voting for a "leader" with regards to life is such a baffling practice to me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 13:29

Turtleneck wrote:Trump wins big. Cruz will finish third.

The differences in these campaigns are interesting. I went to 4/5 rallies but registered for all five. I get a minimum of one email a day from the Clinton Campaign. Kasich, Sanders, and Trump send fewer but I still get emails from those campaigns. All of them sent me something within 48 hours of registering. Nothing from the Cruz campaign. His whole campaign is low key when it comes to marketing.

Geez, you've been busy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:29

my suspicion is that either a) his supporters think that the internet and email are the Tool of Satan and the Milk of the Infidel, and/or b) can't read.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:31

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's the rules.

Been seeing those memes with the Stalin quote; "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

exactly.. anyone who has ever paid attention to anything should know that American politics lost it's innocence generations ago. Of course, it's easy to feign naivete' and proclaim ethical sanctimony if you are vapid in the area of intellectual honesty.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 13:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

exactly.. anyone who has ever paid attention to anything should know that American politics lost it's innocence generations ago. Of course, it's easy to feign naivete' and proclaim ethical sanctimony if you are vapid in the area of intellectual honesty.

I'm pretty vapid in that regard. If I were running I'd run the dirtiest campaign in history... not in terms of stealing or being a crook but just finding ways of straw manning my opponents message, I'd pay so many people to try to create a scenario for my opponent to look racist/sexist/bigoted, etc. (actually, that may be illegal... but all is fair in war, I guess).
Politics is probably a lot of fun if you're on the inside of it. I bet you Donald Trump is having the absolute time of his life right now.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 13:45

Hey Bob, did you see my Joe Rogan thread? Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 3
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:49

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm pretty vapid in that regard. If I were running I'd run the dirtiest campaign in history... not in terms of stealing or being a crook but just finding ways of straw manning my opponents message, I'd pay so many people to try to create a scenario for my opponent to look racist/sexist/bigoted, etc. (actually, that may be illegal... but all is fair in war, I guess).
Politics is probably a lot of fun if you're on the inside of it. I bet you Donald Trump is having the absolute time of his life right now.
agree about Trump. He doesn't want to be president.. he only wants to promote himself, see himself on TV and sell more books, etc. He's having the time of his life.

and what's even better is that his uneducated knuckle-draggin' racist, bigoted, misogynistic supporters actually buy what he's selling. Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 13:50

xsanguine wrote:Hey Bob, did you see my Joe Rogan thread? Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 3
no.. might check it out later.

freakin' work.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

my suspicion is that either a) his supporters think that the internet and email are the Tool of Satan and the Milk of the Infidel, and/or b) can't read.

I think he is speaking to a narrow audience and at the same time avoiding the spotlight. It has been a good strategy so far. All of the people in attendance did have to use the Internet to attend, but no guarantee they did not get a deviant cousin to sign them up for the rally. I came away with a Cruz sign. I might put in the back window of may car. Sure wish I drove a Chevy Cruze.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 15:37

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my suspicion is that either a) his supporters think that the internet and email are the Tool of Satan and the Milk of the Infidel, and/or b) can't read.

I think he is speaking to a narrow audience and at the same time avoiding the spotlight. It has been a good strategy so far. All of the people in attendance did have to use the Internet to attend, but no guarantee they did not get a deviant cousin to sign them up for the rally. I came away with a Cruz sign. I might put in the back window of may car. Sure wish I drove a Chevy Cruze.
that dude give mall Santa's the creeps.. I'm not sure there has been a creepier presidential candidate in my lifetime.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 15:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

that dude give mall Santa's the creeps.. I'm not sure there has been a creepier presidential candidate in my lifetime.

Uh, do you remember the communist Muslim born in Kenya?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 15:39

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that dude give mall Santa's the creeps.. I'm not sure there has been a creepier presidential candidate in my lifetime.

the community organizer that hates America and is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 15:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

the community organizer that hates America and is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Yes. That guy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-18, 15:57

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the community organizer that hates America and is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Yes. That guy.
we've enacted voter ID laws that will ensure nobody like him is elected again.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 16:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yes. That guy.
we've enacted voter ID laws that will ensure nobody like him is elected again.

Good to hear. America was almost destroyed.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 20:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
it's the rules.

Bernie supporters are the most entitled individuals I've encountered. I hope Hillary steals this from Bernie because, like I said in the Trump thread, it's suicide to give these whiny brats the keys to power.

Anecdotal evidence Exhibit A:

Sanders and his supporters are by far the most ominous force in this election, and that's quite a feat when you're running against a cold-calculating sociopath.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-18, 20:54

Xsan will you stop generalizing so much for fucks sake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 20:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Xsan will you stop generalizing so much for fucks sake

I calls 'em like I see 'em, OTPT. Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary, homes.

Have you called out anyone else for their generalizations or am I just special...?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-18, 21:00

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Xsan will you stop generalizing so much for fucks sake

I calls 'em like I see 'em, OTPT. Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary, homes.

Have you called out anyone else for their generalizations or am I just special...?

I don't think I am like that girl in the video. I don't think I am entitled. I watched for 30 seconds until asking myself why xsan, a smart dude, good dude, is wasting his time with these people on video like they deserve his time or critical thought.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I don't think I am like that girl in the video. I don't think I am entitled. I watched for 30 seconds until asking myself why xsan, a smart dude, good dude, is wasting his time with these people on video like they deserve his time or critical thought.

I don't know you, OTPT, but I don't get that impression from you, either.

What we're referring to is stereotypes. Stereotypes aren't random, they're rooted in observation. There's a reason why Trump supporters have the "racist" tag placed on them even though most of them aren't racist. Most Bernie supporters aren't like that girl but there's a very vocal section that are setting the tone for stereotypes to exist within their movement.

Actually, I dunno. Don't most Bernie supporters say they're going to fund all of these "free" things through higher taxation on people because they made more money than they did? I mean... isn't that "entitled"? So-and-so makes more money than me so they should give me some of it through varying channels?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 21:09

He posted a video from InfoWars. Maybe I will generalize about X: The only people I know that visit that site are complete fucking morons with the intellectual capacity of roadkill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:10

Turtleneck wrote:

He posted a video from InfoWars. Maybe I will generalize about X: The only people I know that visit that site are complete fucking morons with the intellectual capacity of roadkill.

Hey, it's no Vox or Salon. Basketball

That's more of an ad hominem... but it gives us something to work with.

You could say they're tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists scared of their own shadow?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 21:13

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You could say they're tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists scared of their own shadow?

Vox is 100% better than InfoWars. Comparing the two does not even make sense. At the very least, Vox articles are written by educated people who are more than functionally literate.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:17

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Vox is 100% better than InfoWars. Comparing the two does not even make sense. At the very least, Vox articles are written by educated people who are more than functionally literate.

Being "educated" doesn't seem to mean much these days.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:18

I'm not even sure what you're on about... there isn't even any commentary. It's literally a video of an exchange with an InfoWars logo in the corner. Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. 502811600

Do I have to wait until HuffPo puts an exchange like this on their website to post it? Do you think it was acted out? Do you think it was scripted?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-18, 21:22

xsanguine wrote:

Actually, I dunno. Don't most Bernie supporters say they're going to fund all of these "free" things through higher taxation on people because they made more money than they did? I mean... isn't that "entitled"? So-and-so makes more money than me so they should give me some of it through varying channels?

Let's Predict New York Primary Results Here.. Tumblr_lkc15vLLAy1qhxr17o1_250
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:23

xsanguine wrote:

Okay, so I'm wrong.

Where did I go wrong? Where are these funds coming from?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-18, 21:26

xsanguine wrote:

Okay, so I'm wrong.

higher taxes. yes. because they made more money than they did? no.

somehow you are correlating higher taxes working better for us = entitlement.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 21:27

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, it means a lot where I come from....

Also, I didn't watch the video. A big InfoWars.com logo leads into the content of the video. When I saw that, I just hit stop and moved along.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:28

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Also, I didn't watch the video. A big InfoWars.com logo leads into the content of the video. When I saw that, I just hit stop and moved along.

That's pretty prejudice.

Any chance your sources of information could expand beyond the side of the spectrum you identify with?

Last edited by xsanguine on 2016-04-18, 21:32; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:30

xsanguine wrote:

Okay, so I'm wrong.

higher taxes. yes. because they made more money than they did? no.

So then how are they determining who pays higher taxes?

somehow you are correlating higher taxes working better for us = entitlement.

How will this work better for 'us'?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 21:37

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That's pretty prejudice.

Any chance your sources of information could expand beyond the side of the spectrum you identify with?

I do not even know what that means.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:44

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

That's pretty prejudice.

I do not even know what that means.

You refuse to watch an exchange between individuals because it was submitted to InfoWars. The thing is... HuffPo, Salon, Vox, CNN, MSNBC are not going to release that video if it's submitted to them. They are not in the business of giving any negative press to those that are on their side of the political spectrum.

Just as FoxNews, InfoWars or anyone else is not going to show Trump supporters getting their asses handed to them by Hillary supporters if that video is captured.

Therefore, in order to get a broader view of the honest opinions on all sides, is there any chance you would entertain a source that does not identify with your section of the political spectrum?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 21:48

I do not really have a "section of the political spectrum" so your attempt to make some kind of point is lost on me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-18, 21:54

Turtleneck wrote:I do not really have a "section of the political spectrum" so your attempt to make some kind of point is lost on me.

Okay.

My point is why are you letting your prejudices get in the way of seeing another viewpoint because the source is one you typically disagree with?

I toss up videos all the time so I'm still trying to figure out why this one, specifically, garnered this sort of reaction. With OTPT I think he was offended that I would group in with those people and you refused to watch it but still wanted to shit on the source as if that somehow invalidates the exchange (which was used as an example of my point about Bernie supporters).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-18, 22:06

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I do not really have a "section of the political spectrum" so your attempt to make some kind of point is lost on me.

Okay.

My point is why are you letting your prejudices get in the way of seeing another viewpoint because the source is one you typically disagree with?

I toss up videos all the time so I'm still trying to figure out why this one, specifically, garnered this sort of reaction. With OTPT I think he was offended that I would group in with those people and you refused to watch it but still wanted to shit on the source as if that somehow invalidates the exchange (which was used as an example of my point about Bernie supporters).

It is people that do not have even a remedial understanding of politics. It is uninformed people that do not have the slightest clue about American government, the development of American political institutions, or international politics. It's not about me filtering news through some ideology filter. I read liberal and conservative news and discussions all the time. It is about the quality of what is presented. A well articulated and informed piece is what I am looking for.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next