Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mistakes were made

+11
Clarett's Folly
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Rocinante
SpartanInNH
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
Vlad
15 posters

Go down

Mistakes were made Empty Mistakes were made

Post by Vlad 2016-04-29, 23:24

I don't know shit about shit, but when the best fuckin QB in MSU history can't get a sniff from 32 teams 99 times around...something is off.

If he needs surgery, I Understand. Anything short of that, he got fucked! By his teammates first, and by the NFL second.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mistakes were made Empty Re: Mistakes were made

Post by Nordic 2016-04-29, 23:26

No idea.. not disagreeing... but do we need another thread on this topic?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-29, 23:28

I kind of agree with Vlad.

But I refuse to believe this is about not being voted a captain. I kind of don't think we'll ever find out what it's all about.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-29, 23:30

UN real. I cant wait till these assholes get neak. I don't get it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-29, 23:46

Meh, could be attitude could be medical. And we've had better qb's who have played with a lot less help around them at MSU.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-04-29, 23:47

DWags wrote:Meh, could be attitude could be medical. And we've had better qb's who have played with a lot less help around them at MSU.

Name names. Not in my lifetime.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-29, 23:50

Stanton? No.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-30, 00:10

Tony Banks was damn good with his feet and arm. Cousins was terrific. Stanton was great. Boyer gad a great arm. Jim Miller was superb.

I love Cook. Don't really like this debate. He was what we needed to follow Cousins. He'll be in the NFL a half decade.

All great qb's. And only my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-30, 00:20

DWags wrote:Tony Banks was damn good with his feet and arm. Cousins was terrific. Stanton was great. Boyer gad a great arm. Jim Miller was superb.

I love Cook. Don't really like this debate. He was what we needed to follow Cousins. He'll be in the NFL a half decade.

"Half a decade"? 5 years?

Apparently I'm drinking the kool-aid, but I see him as the best QB in this draft, bar none. He should be playing far longer than 5 years.

Can't wait to see if Hackenberg makes the practice squad. Fuckin' dicks.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-30, 00:31

SpartanInNH wrote:
DWags wrote:Tony Banks was damn good with his feet and arm. Cousins was terrific. Stanton was great. Boyer gad a great arm. Jim Miller was superb.

Apparently I'm drinking the kool-aid, but I see him as the best QB in this draft, bar none. He should be playing far longer than 5 years.

We're all pissed. I was just thinking he'll make an opening day roster and the average career of a player who makes an opening day roster as a rookie. is like six years. My dream is he makes a lot of GM's eat shit, but those stories are mythological. One or two GM's can be wrong, but a dam lot of clubs interviewed him and did medicals. I hope they're all fuckrd up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-04-30, 01:33

MD needs to take a a serious look at this practice of players voting their captains. As the saying goes, elections are too important to be left up to the voters.

Seriously though, the coaches need to have oversight over this voting thing. This has far/reaching consequences.

And I hate to disagree with the legendary Dwags, but Banks, Stanton and Cousins were no Connor Cook.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-30, 02:01

Vlad wrote:MD needs to take a a serious look at this practice of players voting their captains. As the saying goes, elections are too important to be left up to the voters.

Seriously though, the coaches need to have oversight over this voting thing. This has far/reaching consequences.

And I hate to disagree with the legendary Dwags, but Banks, Stanton and Cousins were no Connor Cook.

Okay dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-30, 06:51

Vlad wrote:MD needs to take a a serious look at this practice of players voting their captains. As the saying goes, elections are too important to be left up to the voters.

Do we really know it's not a shoulder or his completion percentage? I know that the slappies telling us he's a bust will tell us he's a huge loss going into next fall. They'll want it both ways. Because.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-30, 07:50

Should have picked up the tray, asshole.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-04-30, 07:56

Sounds like Wakefield was working the phones prior to the draft.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-30, 08:06

DWags wrote:Meh, could be attitude could be medical. And we've had better qb's who have played with a lot less help around them at MSU.

He could have done poorly in private workouts...more specifically in the meetings he would have with Offensive Coordinators...not sure if that would be attitude. It's definitely something tangible.

And I agree we've had better QB's. Just because he won the most games doesn't make him the best QB. I guess that's possibly a good thing. We don't need a First Round QB to win games.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-04-30, 08:53

I'm gonna stick with the process that got us to the playoff. Vs one that helps an individual draft potential.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-04-30, 09:03

Lol
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-30, 09:15

I know Jesse Aniebonam was only doing his job, but I hate him so much right now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-30, 09:34

Vlad wrote:I don't know shit about shit, but when the best fuckin QB in MSU history can't get a sniff from 32 teams 99 times around...something is off.

If he needs surgery, I Understand. Anything short of that, he got fucked! By his teammates first, and by the NFL second.

If not the shoulder, then by dantonio first. Make him a token captain and no questions. The hater mentality has taken over this nation. Regardless, I hope our black and gold grab him ASAP. The Cowboys might be a shit show
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-30, 09:35

[quote="DWags"]Tony Banks was damn good with his feet and arm. Cousins was terrific. Stanton was great. Boyer gad a great arm. Jim Miller was superb.

All great qb's. And only my opinion. [/quote

You seriously put cook behind all of those guys? Wow.

Jim Miller is really the only one I could see an argument
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-30, 09:36

NigelUno wrote:

He could have done poorly in private workouts...more specifically in the meetings he would have with Offensive Coordinators...not sure if that would be attitude. It's definitely something tangible.

And I agree we've had better QB's. Just because he won the most games doesn't make him the best QB. I guess that's possibly a good thing. We don't need a First Round QB to win games.

Nigel agrees with dwags. Shocking
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-30, 09:37

DWags wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

We're all pissed. I was just thinking he'll make an opening day roster and the average career of a player who makes an opening day roster as a rookie. is like six years. My dream is he makes a lot of GM's eat shit, but those stories are mythological. One or two GM's can be wrong, but a dam lot of clubs interviewed him and did medicals. I hope they're all fuckrd up.

Brian hoyer lead his team into the playoffs and was undrafted.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-30, 10:02

Blanch32 wrote:...Nigel...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-30, 10:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Should have picked up the tray, asshole.

Mistakes were made 1966794946
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-04-30, 10:52

God forbid MD should leave in place a mechanism that requires players to be good teammates and leaders.

From Cook's former teammates' reactions on Twitter (Bennie Fowler, Darqueze, Taiwan Jones, etc.), he was a great teammate. Pity for him Allen was apparently viewed as a stronger leader by the team. So MD should sacrifice the way the team looked at Allen, in order to get Cook better draft position? maybe? if NFL scouts/GM's/coaches viewed him? hypothetically? and hope that Cook's production on the field backs that up during the season to come?

Hogwash.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-30, 10:57

to make this about how the team should elect captains is just so fucking vlad.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-04-30, 11:36

People are being drama queens. His teammates don't vote for captain based upon possible draft implications
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-04-30, 11:57

The_Dude wrote:People are being drama queens. His teammates don't vote for captain based upon possible draft implications

Agree, how many times has the NFL got it wrong with drafting quarterbacks? There's a long list of must have first round QBs that didn't do shit and long list of QBs picked up in late rounds that did a lot on the NFL. What round did Tom Brady get drafted in? What round did RGIII go in?

IMO Cook's draft stock dropped because he has a hurt shoulder and he couldn't do shit vs Alabama in the playoff game. Some team will pick him up and he will get his chance.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-04-30, 12:44

SpartanInNH wrote:

God forbid MD should leave in place a mechanism that requires players to be good teammates and leaders.

From Cook's former teammates' reactions on Twitter (Bennie Fowler, Darqueze, Taiwan Jones, etc.), he was a great teammate. Pity for him Allen was apparently viewed as a stronger leader by the team. So MD should sacrifice the way the team looked at Allen, in order to get Cook better draft position? maybe? if NFL scouts/GM's/coaches viewed him? hypothetically? and hope that Cook's production on the field backs that up during the season to come?

Hogwash.

There's no set limit on captains. Just add the man
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down