Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-31, 15:48

PennSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: wait a minute.. the "liberal media" isn't...{gulp}... liberal? scratch

I never noticed. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 502811600
The liberal media loves money just like the RWNJ media. Liberal media LOVED Donald Trump not because they agreed with him, but because they are greedy. All of these networks would be happy to see Trump re-elected.
exactly - which is why they worked so hard to get him elected.

I have been saying that now for, let's see.. 7 years?? 'ol Goose got so mad at me for saying that, he ended up leaving us. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 502811600

while it sucks to be right (I knew I was right all along, of course), I still miss my friend from Miokov.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-31, 15:51

I scrolled back to the first page.. May 25th, 2016.. the 13th post in this thread, I asked this question of 'ol Goose:

serious question (if you are willing to entertain a serious question): are you surprised to learn that the mainstream media lies, distorts the truth and flat out makes things up in the name of profit, capitalism and corporate America?

6 years ago. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-31, 15:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
The liberal media loves money just like the RWNJ media.  Liberal media LOVED Donald Trump not because they agreed with him, but because they are greedy.  All of these networks would be happy to see Trump re-elected.  

I have been saying that now for, let's see.. 7 years??  'ol Goose got so mad at me for saying that, he ended up leaving us.  Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 502811600

while it sucks to be right (I knew I was right all along, of course), I still miss my friend from Miokov.

And TV stations love Trump for another reason...(political) ad sales.  In contested markets, they could literally name their price.

I guess that's kind of the same reason.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-31, 15:54

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I have been saying that now for, let's see.. 7 years??  'ol Goose got so mad at me for saying that, he ended up leaving us.  Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 502811600

And TV stations love Trump for another reason...ad sales.  In contested markets, they could literally name their price.

yep.

getting the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator elected was the best thing the liberal media ever did for themselves.. and they're doing everything they can to do it again.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-31, 20:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And TV stations love Trump for another reason...ad sales.  In contested markets, they could literally name their price.

yep.

getting the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator elected was the best thing the liberal media ever did for themselves.. and they're doing everything they can to do it again.

While Biden has brought the country back from the Trump train wreck the MSM is hyping every RWNJ lie they can find.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-04-01, 06:51

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And TV stations love Trump for another reason...(political) ad sales.  In contested markets, they could literally name their price.

They literally can't. They are required by federal law to charge the lowest unit rate (i.e., the lowest that any advertiser is paying). Granted, they have different classes of time based on pre-emptibility (non-pre-emptible, pre-emptible with 2 days notice, with 2 week notice, etc.). Politicians will almost always buy the non pre-emptible spots, but has been that way forever (especially in contested markets), and it is still based on the lowest rate that any advertiser is paying for non-pre-emptible spots. Also worth noting is that the cable news networks on local cable systems make up a very small piece of the ad dollars that most politicians spend in major races.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-09, 06:11

lol the most trusted media outlet in the U.S. is The Weather Channel.

[tw]1512491731194941445[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-04-11, 13:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:lol the most trusted media outlet in the U.S. is The Weather Channel.

I'm not a fan of breaking everything down by partisan division.  BUT, the first thing that strikes me is that the republicans in the study roughly trust no-one and nothing on the list.  I'd say ok, there's nothing wrong with some healthy skepticism (including skepticism of this graphic).

The second thing that strikes me is that the republicans in the study trust OAN more than the WSJ and worse, more than Reuters and AP which are straight news.  Democrats in the study, incidentally also trust CNN and MSNBC more than Reuters and CNN more than AP.

The fourth thing that strikes me is that republicans claim to know things.  If (as according to this graphic) they don't trust any of these sources then how can they know things? If we collectively trust Meta, Twitter, and email attachments more than CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, NPR, and BBC then I hope anti-intellectualism has reached its peak.

Get a subscription to your local newspaper lady and gentlemen.  The paper kind.  Read it cover to cover.  Add the NYT and WSJ if you can.  Slow news is good news.

I'm no luddite but Jebus man have a little self respect, America.

Sorry everyone, that was a lot just to paraphrase Bob.

Last edited by Rick Saunders on 2022-04-11, 13:43; edited 1 time in total
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-11, 13:35

Rick Saunders wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:lol the most trusted media outlet in the U.S. is The Weather Channel.

Sorry everyone, that was a lot just to paraphrase Bob.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 502811600 Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 26 1486952199

good post.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-11, 13:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They literally can't. They are required by federal law to charge the lowest unit rate (i.e., the lowest that any advertiser is paying). Granted, they have different classes of time based on pre-emptibility (non-pre-emptible, pre-emptible with 2 days notice, with 2 week notice, etc.). Politicians will almost always buy the non pre-emptible spots, but has been that way forever (especially in contested markets), and it is still based on the lowest rate that any advertiser is paying for non-pre-emptible spots. Also worth noting is that the cable news networks on local cable systems make up a very small piece of the ad dollars that most politicians spend in major races.

Seems like the lowest unit rate would change in an election year.

Supply and demand.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-09-23, 08:40

[tw]1573084559398391808[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-26, 15:52

[tw]1618616260413247489[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-26, 16:11

AvgMSUJoe wrote:[tw]1618616260413247489[/tw]

This can be filed under Joe Biden is crushing it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-01, 09:10

[tw]1630335172632559616[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-01, 09:17

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1630335172632559616[/tw]

Why did we all know those motherfuckers were lying and our resident conservatives hardly made a peep?

And I’m talking all the way back to Goose and his nonsense. Were they willfully lying about not knowing Fox News was so phony, or was it just stupidity?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-01, 09:26

the irony of Guest - a committed patron to the mainstream media - starting a thread wherein he sees his mainstream media heroes collapse under oath.

It's a little bit different when the mainstream media just peddles their likes to the folks at home because they know how gullible they are, then how they change their tune when facing jail time under penalty of perjury.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-01, 09:27

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1630335172632559616[/tw]

Why did we all know those motherfuckers were lying and our resident conservatives hardly made a peep?

And I’m talking all the way back to Goose and his nonsense. Were they willfully lying about not knowing Fox News was so phony, or was it just stupidity?

Based on the polling of what Republican voters believe it is about 50 / 50 as about 50% believe the election was stolen which would be the "stupidity" group.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-01, 09:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the irony of Guest - a committed patron to the mainstream media - starting a thread wherein he sees his mainstream media heroes collapse under oath.

It's a little bit different when the mainstream media just peddles their likes to the folks at home because they know how gullible they are, then how they change their tune when facing jail time under penalty of perjury.

Sort of odd, Bob, that you are being so nice to Fox News and the Murdock Media Empire which has a long history of knowing lying to the public.

You comment is more in line with tNYT which is a lemming organization chasing after "clicks"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-03-25, 13:47

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-03, 18:54

In print coverage, from March 27 through March 30, 12 of the 21 total articles about the Covenant School shooting in the top five newspapers by circulation mentioned Biden’s call for an assault weapons ban. USA Today was the worst offender, only mentioning the call for a ban in one of its five articles on the shooting. In articles that mentioned Biden’s call for legislative action, only half also mentioned the GOP’s current and historical opposition to gun control efforts.

As the country navigates the aftermath of yet another mass shooting, the need for an assault weapons ban has become even clearer. As Everytown for Gun Safety’s Nick Suplina noted, “Assault weapons, especially when equipped with high-capacity magazines, make them [mass shootings] more deadly. … If something is legally and commonly available, you’re only increasing the likelihood that it will be misused and or fall into the hands of somebody who is prohibited from possessing them.” According to Everytown, we would see 70% fewer mass shooting deaths if Congress was to pass a federal assault weapons ban.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/how-media-covered-bidens-renewed-call-assault-weapons-ban
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-29, 09:25

House Republicans are refusing to let the government keep paying its bills unless the Biden administration rolls back some of its signature achievements.

It’s a demand that neither the Senate nor Biden will ever agree to.

Raising the debt limit is a procedural move that allows the Treasury to make good on existing commitments. It’s not a budget bill.

But House Republicans appear to be ready to default on the debt if they don’t get their way. Such a default would be catastrophic for the U.S and world economies, and could permanently damage the dollar’s status as the de facto global currency.

Explaining it that way is simply good journalism.

But as usual, extremist Republicans have been enabled by media coverage that tries to split the difference, and treats what is essentially a hostage crisis created exclusively by one side as a normal, two-sided partisan squabble.

Indeed, our top political reporters now insist that the onus is on Biden to solve the problem.

Under the headline “Biden Faces His First Big Choice on Debt Limit,” New York Times reporter Jim Tankersley writes today that the issue “has put President Biden on the defensive, forcing him to confront a series of potentially painful choices at a perilous economic moment.”

https://presswatchers.org/2023/04/republicans-threaten-to-tank-economy-media-blames-biden/

When the public thinks up is down, it’s time to rethink coverage

https://presswatchers.org/2022/03/when-the-public-thinks-up-is-down-its-time-to-rethink-coverage/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 08:24

Were the allegations surrounding Clinton of the same order of magnitude as those surrounding Trump? It’s a question that journalists made no serious effort to answer during the 2016 campaign…

False equivalencies abound in today’s reporting. When journalists can’t, or won’t, distinguish between allegations directed at the Trump Foundation and those directed at the Clinton Foundation, there’s something seriously amiss….

The press historically has helped citizens recognize the difference between the earnest politician and the pretender. Today’s news coverage blurs the distinction.

https://presswatchers.org/2019/10/false-equivalence-fuels-political-journalisms-race-to-the-bottom/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-09, 08:28

the more mainstream media you consume, the less informed you are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-09, 08:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the more mainstream media you consume, the less informed you are.

The first rule of being informed is knowing that you want to be informed and knowing it takes more than watching the TeeVee.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-10, 09:15

https://america.substack.com/p/journalists-need-to-sound-the-alarm
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-14, 07:16

In Reliable Sources, CNN journalist Oliver Darcy reported today that three men associated with Rupert Murdoch in the early days of creating the Fox Corporation expressed their “deep disappointment for helping to give birth to Fox Broadcasting Company.” Preston Padden, Ken Solomon, and Bill Reyner wrote that they “never envisioned, and would not knowingly have enabled, the disinformation machine that, in our opinion, Fox has become.”

In emails, Murdoch made it “very clear” to Padden “that he understood that the 2020 election had not been stolen,” but “Fox continued to perpetuate the ‘Big Lie’ and promote the Jan 6 ‘Stop the Steal’ rally in D.C.” The men claimed that others who worked with them to establish Fox “share our resentment that the reputation of the Fox brand we helped to build has been ruined by false news.”

Padden told Darcy that he sees an “obvious connection between January 6 and Fox News.”

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/july-13-2023
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-14, 07:57

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-08-04, 18:15

Hearing a lot of media pushing the narrative that Putin waiting out the 24 election in hopes of trump defunding Ukraine aid.

So if you’re a “moderate” gettin into your feels on the cost of aide to Ukraine…..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26