Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a Wednesday in the middle of June

3 posters

Go down

It's a Wednesday in the middle of June Empty It's a Wednesday in the middle of June

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-15, 09:43

It's a Wednesday in the middle of June Qh14c

On a board that is, for the most part big into college sports. Anyone have some cool stories to tell?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's a Wednesday in the middle of June Empty Re: It's a Wednesday in the middle of June

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-15, 09:45

I made a 70ish foot putt yesterday. It was just blind dumb luck. I'm not going to pretend it was skill. It wasn't.

Would you like to hear more golf stories?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's a Wednesday in the middle of June Empty Re: It's a Wednesday in the middle of June

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-15, 09:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I made a 70ish foot putt yesterday. It was just blind dumb luck. I'm not going to pretend it was skill. It wasn't.

Would you like to hear more golf stories?

I'm going golfing for the 1st time all year this Saturday. It's gonna be a clusterfuck. Tell me more.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-15, 09:51

Let me expand on that story a little instead. It was a dog leg right, tee shot went into the wooded area on the right. Enough trees to be annoying but there is still grass there. If that makes sense. Anyway, I mess up the second shot, it hit a tree and bounces way off to the right onto the other tee box. I played the third shot from there (even though it's probably out of bounds but whatever) went over the trees and onto the fringe. Fourth shot was that putt. It was the most unlikely par I've ever had.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-15, 10:00

Nice. I had an approach once that I skulled the fuck out of. It lined drived past the green, hit a tree behind it dead nuts and bounced back on the green within 5 feet of the hole. Missed the put, so it all evened out.

I have a wicked slice off the tee if I don't get much practice in. I think I'm going to have to aim at the next hole over this weekend.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-15, 10:02

Every time I do that I end up accidentally hitting it straight instead of slicing it like I do when I'm aiming straight.

Golf sucks and I hate it.

Probably going to play Friday morning.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-15, 11:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:On a board that is, for the most part big into college sports. Anyone have some cool stories to tell?

I'm starting to feel about OTPT like George did about the Masseuse
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-15, 12:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Every time I do that I end up accidentally hitting it straight instead of slicing it like I do when I'm aiming straight.

Golf sucks and I hate it.

Probably going to play Friday morning.
Now I'm jealous of you. I played Monday in 92 degree weather, but the humidity was only in the 70% range, so it only felt as if it was 98 or so. I have a cut on my hand, so the bandaid kept coming off as well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-15, 12:31

I'm very sorry that you can't play golf right now intensity :( that sucks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-15, 12:32

I can play golf Travis. Maybe not just this minute. Its just hot, and I can't hold on to the clubs. I bought some rain gloves, those helped out more than I thought they would.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-15, 12:34

Gotcha. I'm glad you can still play golf :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down