Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread

+5
tGreenWay
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
9 posters

Go down

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread Empty tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-17, 09:30

I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff but I follow it quite a bit and I'm trying to learn more because it would be good for my job. Anyway, this thread is for random stuff under the topic.

Ransomware Tunes into Smart TVs

In a new twist on the rising ransomware scourge, the FLocker Android ransomware is now infecting smart TVs.

Ever since FLocker (short for “Frantic Locker”) first came out in May 2015, Trend Micro has gathered more than 7,000 variants in its sample bank. The latest is a police Trojan that pretends to be US Cyber Police or another law enforcement agency. It accuses potential victims of crimes they didn’t commit, then demands $200 worth of iTunes gift cards.

And, it can affect the Android OS that runs many smart TVs, including, “Using multiple devices that run on one platform makes life easier for a lot of people. However, if a malware affects one of these devices, the said malware may eventually affect the others, too,” said Trend Micro researcher Echo Duan, in an analysis.

ps. Fuck hacking criminals. They deserve their own special place in hell.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread Empty Re: tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-17, 09:34

Someday everything is going to be connected and some Tyler Durden type group will hack it all and send us back to the stone age.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread Empty Re: tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-17, 09:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Someday everything is going to be connected and some Tyler Durden type group will hack it all and send us back to the stone age.

Or some AI machine reaches singularity and decides we're not worthy and unplugs us from everything.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-17, 09:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Someday everything is going to be connected and some Tyler Durden type group will hack it all and send us back to the stone age.

Or some AI machine reaches singularity and decides we're not worthy and unplugs us from everything.

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread XS_ft67a
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-29, 12:24

Opinion: Chinese cyberespionage is down. That's a win for Obama's diplomacy 

Well, maybe not...

It appears now operations are shifting from the nonstate spies in favor of state-run professional intelligence teams with superior tradecraft. The threat "is less voluminous but more focused, calculated, and still successful in compromising corporate networks," in FireEye’s words.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-07, 17:13

Update on an old story.

Cash only at fast food, man. Or better yet, no fast food.

Check the list: Wendy's says more than 1,000 restaurants affected by hack

NEW YORK (AP) - Wendy's said hackers were able to steal customers' credit and debit card information at 1,025 of its U.S. restaurants, far more than it originally thought.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-08, 19:13

"Bad guys are sending people phishing emails and take over their PayPal accounts. Once they have control, they send people bogus money requests through PayPal. However, to make things worse, they include a personal message which leads to a Trojan that could steal your banking information. So, remember to always Think Before You Click, even if the email gives every appearance of coming from legitimate, trusted sources."

Fuck these guys. Again, I hope there's a special place in hell for the types.

CyberheistNews Vol 6 #32 Scary Stuff And Hot Security Products At Black Hat And DEF CON
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-08-17, 19:04

Researchers Find Serious Flaws in iMessage Encryption

New research from a team at Johns Hopkins University shows that there are serious problems with the way Apple implemented encryption on itsiMessage system, leaving it open to retrospective decryption attacks that can reveal the contents of all of a victim’s past iMessage texts.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-20, 13:12

Maker of smart vibrator sued for snooping on customers’ use

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 1966794946

t’s been a tough month for the makers of teledildonics.

For starters, hackers at the Def Con security conference in August revealed that they’d reverse-engineered Bluetooth- and internet-enabled adult toys to show that the internet of vibrating things is as full of vulnerabilities as the regular old non-vibrational internet of things (IoT).

They chose to reverse-engineer one particular product: the We-Vibe 4 Plus from a company named, blandly enough, Standard Innovation Corp.

As Gizmodo reports, the hackers revealed that the smart vibrators transmit user data that includes heat level and vibration intensity to the company in real time.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-20, 13:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:Maker of smart vibrator sued for snooping on customers’ use

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 1966794946

t’s been a tough month for the makers of teledildonics.

For starters, hackers at the Def Con security conference in August revealed that they’d reverse-engineered Bluetooth- and internet-enabled adult toys to show that the internet of vibrating things is as full of vulnerabilities as the regular old non-vibrational internet of things (IoT).

They chose to reverse-engineer one particular product: the We-Vibe 4 Plus from a company named, blandly enough, Standard Innovation Corp.

As Gizmodo reports, the hackers revealed that the smart vibrators transmit user data that includes heat level and vibration intensity to the company in real time.
"teledildonics" - tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-09-28, 11:32

Don't touch Amy Schumer with your keyboard.

NatlCyberSecAlliance@StaySafeOnline  11s12 seconds ago  
.@amyschumer is @McAfee's Most Dangerous Celebrity 2016! Make sure you're #CyberAware out there people....#RiskyCeleb
tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread Ctc3mmAWEAA63M8
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-04, 12:14

Since it's National Cyber Security Awareness month.

4 easy ways to be more mindful online
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-11, 12:10

$15 million fake IRS call center busted by police

Police in Thane, India, last week busted a call center devoted to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scamming, detaining 700 people and arresting 70 of them for allegedly calling to threaten thousands of Americans with arrest over supposedly unpaid taxes.

As the Wall Street Journal tells it, police said at a news conference on Wednesday that 200 police had raided 3 bland buildings in the Mumbai suburb the night before

Fvckin' scammers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-02, 19:53

I can't wait until the first news reports of this thing being hacked.

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread C59ETXdVAAA849V

Sex wearable is coming to track your performance and judge you
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-03-02, 20:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't wait until the first news reports of this thing being hacked.

Wonder if it uses bearer tokens.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-02, 20:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't wait until the first news reports of this thing being hacked.

I just ordered the smaller one in the white box.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-14, 08:04

'Smart vibrator' maker settles suit from outraged users

The makers of an internet-connected sex toy that harvested data about its users' intimate moments have settled a lawsuit from outraged customers. Standard Innovation Corp., the company behind the "We-Vibe" smart vibrator, has agreed to pay up to $10,000 to customers who used a smartphone app that allowed one partner to remotely control settings like vibration intensity, Fortune reports.

Those who bought a We-Vibe without using the app are entitled to a $199 payout under the class-action suit, which was settled in federal court in Chicago.

Happy ending.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-03-14, 08:27

Ladies and Gentlemen (and uers of tSwill),

Unless you go off the grid completely, you have no privacy. Get used to it, the world described in 1984 is here and is real.

You have been warned.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-14, 08:28

TheReal_LWS wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen (and uers of tSwill),

Unless you go off the grid completely, you have no privacy. Get used to it, the world described in 1984 is here and is real.

You have been warned.

I wish you would get off this grid permanently Fake Bee.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-03-14, 08:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:$15 million fake IRS call center busted by police

Police in Thane, India, last week busted a call center devoted to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scamming, detaining 700 people and arresting 70 of them for allegedly calling to threaten thousands of Americans with arrest over supposedly unpaid taxes.

As the Wall Street Journal tells it, police said at a news conference on Wednesday that 200 police had raided 3 bland buildings in the Mumbai suburb the night before

Fvckin' scammers.
Got one of these IRS calls a couple weeks ago. Said a warrant had been issued for my arrest and to call some number that was in Spokane, WA
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-03-14, 08:30

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:$15 million fake IRS call center busted by police

Fvckin' scammers.
Got one of these IRS calls a couple weeks ago. Said a warrant had been issued for my arrest and to call some number that was in Spokane, WA

I like to give those people fake credit card numbers.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-24, 10:27

Americans ignorant on cybersecurity, Pew poll shows

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread PI_2017.03.22_cybersecurity-quiz_0-01

If You Love Your Family, Take the Quiz
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 11:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Americans ignorant on cybersecurity, Pew poll shows

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread PI_2017.03.22_cybersecurity-quiz_0-01

If You Love Your Family, Take the Quiz

YES!
tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread B92144494a81416f063dce263e4276c7367f20ae9b4bba6629d307af2ad23929

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread Captur33
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-24, 11:29

I fucked up on the GPS/Location question. I forgot to think about the fucking cell towers. It's like I never watched a TV cop show in my life.

9/10

Fucking embarrassed.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 11:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:I fucked up on the GPS/Location question.  I forgot to think about the fucking cell towers. It's like I never watched a TV cop show in my life.

9/10

Fucking embarrassed.

Its okay, you're a 10/10 on my book Floyd
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-24, 11:36

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I fucked up on the GPS/Location question.  I forgot to think about the fucking cell towers. It's like I never watched a TV cop show in my life.

9/10

Fucking embarrassed.

Its okay, you're a 10/10 on my book Floyd

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 685334576
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-19, 10:26

That Fingerprint Sensor on Your Phone Is Not as Safe as You Think

New findings published Monday by researchers at New York University and Michigan State University suggest that smartphones can easily be fooled by fake fingerprints digitally composed of many common features found in human prints. In computer simulations, the researchers from the universities were able to develop a set of artificial “MasterPrints” that could match real prints similar to those used by phones as much as 65 percent of the time.

Pretty cool study.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-19, 10:31

That's why I unlock my phone with my dong.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-21, 08:18

Back to that We Vibe story. Coming settlement.

Sex-Toy Maker Ordered to Pay $3M for Tracking Users’ Activity
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-04-21, 13:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:Back to that We Vibe story. Coming settlement.

Sex-Toy Maker Ordered to Pay $3M for Tracking Users’ Activity

Basically be careful when you buy anything that can connect to the internet, most likely its tracking you.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-02, 14:19

GE patches flaws allowing attackers to ‘disconnect power grid at will’

Comforting.

Researchers have discovered a significant software flaw in the energy grid equipment sold by General Electric (GE) that could allow even lone attackers with limited resources to “disconnect sectors of the power grid at will”.

Until last week, this alarming sentence was little more than a one part of a placeholder for July’s Black Hat conference, advertising a session by three researchers from New York University.

Last week, however, GE suddenly announced that it had issued fixes for five of the six flaws, with the last on its way.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-06-27, 12:04

This is how it's all going to end.

Chernobyl nuclear power plant hit by ransomware cyber attack causing havoc across Europe
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-09, 15:35

Google Home Breaks Up Domestic Dispute By Calling the Police

According to ABC News, officers were called to a home outside Albuquerque, New Mexico this week when a Google Home called 911 and the operator heard a confrontation in the background. Police say that Eduardo Barros was house-sitting at the residence with his girlfriend and their daughter. Barros allegedly pulled a gun on his girlfriend when they got into an argument and asked her: “Did you call the sheriffs?” Google Home apparently heard “call the sheriffs,” and proceeded to call the sheriffs.

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 502811600 tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-20, 14:39

A smart fish tank left a casino vulnerable to hackers

No, you do not need your aquarium connected to the internet. Nobody needs to do that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-05, 17:36

What online sex toys can teach you about secure coding

Security researchers have found multiple vulnerabilities in Vibratissimo’s “Panty Buster”, an internet-enabled sex toy.

tOffical Computer & IOT Security Thread 502811600

WTF is wrong with humans.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-13, 18:18

[tw]1437539733350109188[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-13, 20:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1437539733350109188[/tw]
Thanks for the heads-up, Floyd. I'm Android but alerted my son, his fiancée, and a friend to update.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down