Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, how fucked up are college sports? It's a joke.

+3
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Seriously, how fucked up are college sports?   It's a joke. Empty Seriously, how fucked up are college sports? It's a joke.

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:11

Let me see, we have players applying for and getting 6 years of eligibility. We have players who have spent four years in one school, GRADUATED, and then said "hey shit, I want to still play ball, I'm going to another school". We have players being accepted into our school and other major D1 schools who have great academic reputations, with 19 on ACT's and 850's on SAT's. We have had two special education students at our school, and so has Michigan. The Big Ten just signed a 2.64 BILLION dollar contract, and we tell the talent that has brought that kind of money in all they deserve is a full scholarship. No more than that. Concussed? Fuck you, you're gone. Knee replacement? Fuck you , enjoy life. We'll accept them as a student under circumstances, none of us would have ever gotten into MSU on, yet we're surprised when a guy like Evans can't cut it academically.

It's a joke, it's professional sports when they want to manipulate rules to help the team win, and it's college sports when they need to get rid of a kid for academics.

All that shit, and all I have to say is GO MSU, my alma matter, I hope we manipulate the rules way better than any of those other fuckers out there. I hope we can get shit out of our kids that the other schools can, and I hope my guys in those jerseys win way more than anyone else.

Love college sports.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, how fucked up are college sports?   It's a joke. Empty Re: Seriously, how fucked up are college sports? It's a joke.

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-22, 13:13

DWags hit the bottle early today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Seriously, how fucked up are college sports?   It's a joke. Empty Re: Seriously, how fucked up are college sports? It's a joke.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-22, 13:14

nothing you say could diminish my love of MSU sports and the fine young scholar-athletes that represent the university that I love.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-22, 13:15

I just don't care all that much. I'm just going to live, party, and die. Whatever else happens is cool with me.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:nothing you say could diminish my love of MSU sports and the fine young scholar-athletes that represent the university that I love.

Nothing I say can diminish my love for my school. We need to beat the shit out of every school we play, and we need to do it frequently. I have not convinced myself that MSU isnt' the greatest ultruistic university ever created.

Go Greeen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I just don't care all that much. I'm just going to live, party, and die. Whatever else happens is cool with me.

Don't get me wrong, I love when we win. It completes me.

But really, explain to me why we should have kids with six years of eligibility? Anyone? I mean I took a long time getting out of college, but shit, six years of eligibility? Why not just redshirt every mother fucker for 2 years and say they all had turf toe. We'd be playing 24 year olds against other teams. I like our chances
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-22, 13:18

Every year it feels more and more... I dunno.... Icky.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:18

tGreenWay wrote:DWags hit the bottle early today.

You have a problem with that? I'm editing WBH's post and adding you to the worst posters on this board.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-22, 13:19

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nothing you say could diminish my love of MSU sports and the fine young scholar-athletes that represent the university that I love.

Nothing I say can diminish my love for my school. We need to beat the shit out of every school we play, and we need to do it frequently. I have not convinced myself that MSU isnt' the greatest ultruistic university ever created.

Go Greeen.
This.

Motherf**king THIS.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-06-22, 13:21

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:DWags hit the bottle early today.

You have a problem with that? I'm editing WBH's post and adding you to the worst posters on this board.

'bout damn time one of you fuckers did. I work my ass off to get on lists like that. Clearly, WBH forgot about me and my London Big Ben thread. That thread is solid rot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-22, 13:22

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

'bout damn time one of you fuckers did. I work my ass off to get on lists like that. Clearly, WBH forgot about me and my London Big Ben thread. That thread is solid rot.

Seriously, how fucked up are college sports?   It's a joke. 1f62f
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:24

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Alright, you're on, but if we've already ordered hats, you don't get one. Fuck you. And dont' kidnap this thread. I built up my outrage enough to start this fucker up. Now talk about how College sports aren't even amateur anymore. Unless we want them to be, then they are.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-22, 13:25

Can we stop pretending like we actually care about how rotten college athletics have become? The entire landscape of college athletics - money, corruption, selling out academics - is a response to what the fans want.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-22, 13:28

Guys I'm kinda worried that I'm less into MSU athletics than I was. Even like a few months ago. I don't even gamble on sports anymore. What's wrong with me? I mean if MSU wins cool. But idk. Just spit balling.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:30

Turtleneck wrote:Can we stop pretending like we actually care about how rotten college athletics have become? The entire landscape of college athletics - money, corruption, selling out academics - is a response to what the fans want.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

you've hit it. I hate it, I think they're scummy, they pay their employees on the field slave wages, and damn it the hell, GO GREEN, GO STATE, BEAT EVERYONE.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-22, 13:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Guys I'm kinda worried that I'm less into MSU athletics than I was. Even like a few months ago. I don't even gamble on sports anymore. What's wrong with me? I mean if MSU wins cool. But idk. Just spit balling.

You don't think you've come down with a case of the weirds do you?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-22, 13:36

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Guys I'm kinda worried that I'm less into MSU athletics than I was. Even like a few months ago. I don't even gamble on sports anymore. What's wrong with me? I mean if MSU wins cool. But idk. Just spit balling.

You don't think you've come down with a case of the weirds do you?

I think we need to call an emergency meeting with Hollis and get a game scheduled at UC ASAP. #SaveOTPT
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-22, 14:14

Withdrawal symptoms. Or it could be being in your early 20's.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-22, 15:05

you might be growing into a mature adult.

better get that checked.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down