Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xsanguine's apology thread

+16
The Pantry
Death Roe
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Rocinante
Blanch32
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
The_Dude
AnomanderRake
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
xsanguine
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

xsanguine's apology thread Empty xsanguine's apology thread

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 12:50

I have A LOT to get off my chest. This is going to be a bit of a therapy session for me.

Now for the half of you that can't stand me (actually it makes me why you even opened the thread), you're more then welcome to bow out now... though you're going to get an apology from me.

This is not feel sorry for xsanugine. In fact, I want to know why you dislike me so much. I'm not looking for vague answers, either. I really, really want to know. "You told me that I would be worth more to society if I was crippled", is an example.

I'm going through a lot of personal reflection. And again, this is not a feel sorry for me thread because I do not to deserve any sympathy in fact I deserve what I know plenty of you will gladly give me but I do want to at least give you an idea of maybe why I'm reacting in certain ways.

So yeah, I wrote a thread in tBob section (which got one reply.... from Bob, bless his heart... but ya know what, maybe I deserve that) about my parents both passing away suddenly. I'm 32.... its not like I'm 60 and had any indication it was coming. Also, GRR.... do you need me to send you the obituary and death certificate so you believe me or would that still not be enough? I get you really don't like me but that seemed especially cruel of someone to say to another. This happened in a car crash, they were both coming back from their annual trip Up North©.
In any case who cares, everyone dies... I'm not special, fuck me, right?
I just started a new job... 2nd week I fall 30 feet from a tree and bust my ankle. So I'm not getting paid right now and my anxiety is through the roof. It's why I keep making references to just wanting a bag to put me to sleep for 16 or so hours because at this point I'd rather just be asleep than be awake.
A few nights ago it just so happens I'm in a position to where I'm not going to be divorced (been married one year this past May.... she's 8 months) pregnant.

Again, fuck xsanguine, I don't want sympathy and most of it would be the typical fake internet shit people give anyways.

I tend to be pretty private. I don't like to let people into my life ... but just based on the iciness over the past week or two I feel the need to maybe explain why I haven't been as "fiun". And explaining all this probably won't change much. Pylon will still tell me I'm probably better off dead (he didn't really say that... but I can read between the lines). Roc still can't argue with me because I'm too repetitive. Turtleneck is great at touching on my insecurities and telling me how stupid I am.

Pylon. I seriously don't know what makes you hate hate me so much. I can't recall any time I've been that mean to you where you'd say things to me like you have... but whatever it is, I didn't mean it and I'm sorry.
Roc, I'm sorry that I just keep arguing with you and I don't stop. I just like to talk to people that I think have some brains them
OTPT, I have absolutely no idea what I did to wrong you... so I need you to help me with this. I always thought I was really nice to you because giving you shit about being young. But if that's what it is I'm really really sorry.

Nigel. To you, I am REALLY sorry. This is one where I know I went way too far and I expect you to forever think of me as a piece of shit and wouldn't begrudge you at all for telling me to take a swan dive off the Amway tower.

Travis. I think I've just annoyed you. I can't take that back. It is what it is. I think the best thing to do is just leave you alone and maybe someday you'll come around. If not, just know I never meant anything mean by it.
tGreenWay. Another one where I don't know what I said to make you want me gone.

So this is just for me. I'm in a horrible place right now personally and I just need to kind of try to apologize people I've been unkind to.

I kind of expect the same response Roc gives but... I dunno. I just felt I need to say it before I take off and have not at least tried to make peace.

I doubt this is the case, but I'm willing to field any questions...."Why are you such a piece of shit to me", all of that... but I just hope you can refresh my memory so I know what I said in order to understand why I said it.

Also.... thanks again, GRR, for your understanding. The world needs more people like you doubting having lost loved ones. Really appreciated that, guy. The funeral was nice, in case you cared (which we both know you'd rather a fire broke out or ISIS showed up during it... which is fine, to Thanks again for your support, buddy.)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

xsanguine's apology thread Empty Re: xsanguine's apology thread

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-20, 12:56

tl;dr
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:10

NigelUno wrote:tl;dr

Want to kill yourself with me?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-20, 13:13

xsanguine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:tl;dr

Dude, no one wants you dead. Quit with this shit. It's fucking depressing. Seek professional help.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-20, 13:17

I have no idea what's going on.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-20, 13:17

I hope things get better, xsan.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-20, 13:19

Sorry to hear about your parents dude. I haven't been here that long so I don't have an issue with you really, except I think your views on anarchy and limited government are completely unrealistic, but I won't hold that against you.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Dude, no one wants you dead. Quit with this shit. It's fucking depressing. Seek professional help.

It was supposed to be a dark joke with Nigel. I'm not suicidal.

I'm asking for your opinion. And I'm not asking you to be a jerk just to make yourself feel better about yourself like you usually do. Just be honest with me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:22

AnomanderRake wrote:Sorry to hear about your parents dude. I haven't been here that long so I don't have an issue with you really, except I think your views on anarchy and limited government are completely unrealistic, but I won't hold that against you.

I understand that and I'm glad you mention that.

I think eliminating the 2nd amendment is unrealistic, but I don't call people names or tell people to see professional help that believe so. I just talk with them about it and give them my views and ask them theirs.

This is what I'm trying to understand.

What is it about the sharing of my views that sends people into such a fury they're unwilling to discuss politics with me.... but they'll spend 10 pages discussing why Hillary has the guts to go after Iran?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:23

Also, thank you for your thoughts Anomander.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:24

Like OTPT's big complaint lately is that I'll have 3 posts in a row.

Does that really make someone that upset to the point where they no longer want to have a conversation with them (about anything) simply because they didn't put it in one post as opposed to 3?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-20, 13:24

xsanguine wrote:
Nigel. To you, I am REALLY sorry. This is one where I know I went way too far and I expect you to forever think of me as a piece of shit and wouldn't begrudge you at all for telling me to take a swan dive off the Amway tower.

No idea what you're talking about.

I hope that helps.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:I hope things get better, xsan.

Thanks Floyd. I do too. And I hope you're doing well yourself.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-20, 13:25

xsanguine wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:Sorry to hear about your parents dude. I haven't been here that long so I don't have an issue with you really, except I think your views on anarchy and limited government are completely unrealistic, but I won't hold that against you.

I think eliminating the 2nd amendment is unrealistic, but I don't call people names or tell people to see professional help that believe so. I just talk with them about it and give them my views and ask them theirs.

What is it about the sharing of my views that sends people into such a fury they're unwilling to discuss politics with me.... but they'll spend 10 pages discussing why Hillary has the guts to go after Iran?

I think it's the fact that the premise of reverting to anarchy is more of a philosophical discussion than a practical discussion of politics. Most people don't see anarchy as a viable solution and thus don't see the point in arguing about it.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:27

NigelUno wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

No idea what you're talking about.

I hope that helps.

Unless you're trolling me... which is fun, btw... we had quite a back and forth some time ago where I said some very mean things about you... mainly because I thought it was funny and that you're the type of guy that doesn't take things personally... but after thinking about it, even if you don't take it personally, it's no way to talk to someone.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-20, 13:27

Hang in there bud, better days ahead.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-20, 13:28

Buy some blueberries, bake your wife a pie, tell her you love her and get the fuck out of the rut. Life goes on and so will yours so make it better as only you can.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-20, 13:28

I'm not really annoyed with you X. But you have to understand- if I say something to you and you reply with 5 posts that are all 6 paragraphs long.... I'm not going to read it. I might skim it. But I'm not going line by line. And I'm not going to reply if I haven't read it. Why? It's a message board. We're not fixing the worlds problems and no matter what we say to each other it's not going to change a thing to anyone anywhere. Also, I'm usually here while I'm at work. I have other things going on and can't stop everything right then to read all that and respond.

So if you do that and I don't reply- it's probably because I don't have time to read an essay. It's not because I'm annoyed or mad or require an apology. It's just time. Turtleneck (who is gone forever probably) is more interested in reading all that. But for the most part everyone else is a lot more appreciative of posts that get to the point and we don't need rambling justifications of that point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:30

AnomanderRake wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think it's the fact that the premise of reverting to anarchy is more of a philosophical discussion than a practical discussion of politics. Most people don't see anarchy as a viable solution and thus don't see the point in arguing about it.

That's understandable and you put it in a way that's easy for me to grasp.

Let me run something by you then, though.

So, I've got this overall philosophy called "anarchy".... the reason I like it is because it rejects violence as a way of achieving goals... whether it's political or what have you.

So when we're discussing banning smoking in bars. I'm talking about how I believe banning smoking in bars is wrong because it's forcing bar owners to do something against their will with a piece of property that they own and, theoretically, should able to do what they want with (besides wrapping up Billy Batts in it). Now that could be construed as me bringing anarchy into a discussion where it was unwarranted but really it was the philosophy that the words describes than the word itself.

Does that makes sense?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-20, 13:30

xsanguine wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I'm asking for your opinion. And I'm not asking you to be a jerk just to make yourself feel better about yourself like you usually do. Just be honest with me.

I think this thread says all that needs to be about everything. Good luck to you, Bob. I've said it before but...
have a long life.... you deserve the shit out of it.

I'm hoping I die in a car accident tomorrow (one car accident), we'll see. It's harder to kill yourself than you'd think without pills.

Question... for a friend, of course. But is it possible to cry too much? I know it'll pretty bad when OTPT find this chance to shit on me... but I just want to make it and I feel I'm not....

I don't know what the hell it is.

Bob, I'm not doing too good brotha. I'm really, really not doing good at all and I don't know how to handle it or what to do about it.

I just want a bag to put me to sleep. I just want to go to sleep for a very long time.

I've never had this kind of emotional pain in my life and none gives a shit. I don't mean on here, I don't expect anyone to care... in fact I expect them to do exactly what Green and OTPT are attempting to which is make me feel as bad as possible.

But jesus, man..... what the hell I do? I'm so fucked up.... I can't stop sobbing. I can't help want to fight back each time a poster wanted to talk shit. I'm angry as fuck, I really do just want to go to sleep and just not wake up. Shouldn't that be legal?

Was all of this a joke too? I'm not saying this to be mean, you need professional help. Do yourself a favor and look into it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:31

LooseGoose wrote:Buy some blueberries, bake your wife a pie, tell her you love her and get the fuck out of the rut. Life goes on and so will yours so make it better as only you can.

Nah, it's done man. I appreciate the idea, though. Plus I'm nowhere near as good at making pies as you.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-20, 13:31

Liking you has nothing to do with it.  
You are entitled to your opinions like everyone else here.  Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter one whit.

Typically a double fatality makes the news somewhere. I didn't see any mention in MLive or Google News hence my reply.  Given the consistent tenor of your posts and your propensity for lashing out at those who disagree along with the lack of finding no reported double fatalities within the week you posted, myself and a few others wondered if you were speaking literally or figuratively.

I lost my mother to cancer at 18 as a HS senior.  Losing a parent stinks.  I hope you find support from other family members, co-workers or professionals.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-07-20, 13:32; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-20, 13:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not really annoyed with you X. But you have to understand- if I say something to you and you reply with 5 posts that are all 6 paragraphs long.... I'm not going to read it.

You really are a cold uncaring son of a bitch. You won't read 30 paragraphs for a pal?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-20, 13:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not really annoyed with you X. But you have to understand- if I say something to you and you reply with 5 posts that are all 6 paragraphs long.... I'm not going to read it.

You really are a cold uncaring son of a bitch. You won't read 30 paragraphs for a pal?

Haha. If we're talking about something like this, yeah absolutely I'll read it for him. If we're talking about some of the political stuff that's been rehashed time and time again... Honestly I get pretty fatigued on it. It's an interest of mine but not something I'd even describe myself as passionate about. I have ideas but I'm not going to war over them here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not really annoyed with you X. But you have to understand- if I say something to you and you reply with 5 posts that are all 6 paragraphs long.... I'm not going to read it. I might skim it. But I'm not going line by line. And I'm not going to reply if I haven't read it. Why? It's a message board. We're not fixing the worlds problems and no matter what we say to each other it's not going to change a thing to anyone anywhere. Also, I'm usually here while I'm at work. I have other things going on and can't stop everything right then to read all that and respond.

So if you do that and I don't reply- it's probably because I don't have time to read an essay. It's not because I'm annoyed or mad or require an apology. It's just time. Turtleneck (who is gone forever probably) is more interested in reading all that. But for the most part everyone else is a lot more appreciative of posts that get to the point and we don't need rambling justifications of that point.

I understand that, Travis. That's not really what I'm referring to, though.

You're often very adversarial towards me in your replies. If it's out of sheer annoyance, then fine. I've just never been that annoyed by someone on a message board to be as mean to someone as you've been. I guess that's moreso what I'm referring to.

I get the long replies... I get being annoyed by that. I don't get the malice that follows it, though. That's what I'm trying to get at. What I maybe have said to you that requires the venom that comes back to me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:35

GRR Spartan wrote:Liking you has nothing to do with it.  
You are entitled to your opinions like everyone else here.  Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter one whit.

Typically a double fatality makes the news somewhere. I didn't see any mention in MLive or Google News hence my reply.  Given the consistent tenor of your posts and your propensity for lashing out at those who disagree along with the lack of finding no reported double fatalities within the week you posted, myself and a few others wondered if you were speaking literally or figuratively.

I lost my mother to cancer at 18 as a HS senior.  Losing a parent stinks.  I hope you find support from other family members, co-workers or professionals.

When and who have I lashed out at?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Haha. If we're talking about something like this, yeah absolutely I'll read it for him. If we're talking about some of the political stuff that's been rehashed time and time again... Honestly I get pretty fatigued on it. It's an interest of mine but not something I'd even describe myself as passionate about. I have ideas but I'm not going to war over them here.

But there is no war. Turtleneck doesn't read my posts... he just says, hey man, I don't have the time right now... give me a few days and maybe I'll get back to you.

There's no "war".
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:37

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I think this thread says all that needs to be about everything. Good luck to you, Bob. I've said it before but...

I'm hoping I die in a car accident tomorrow (one car accident), we'll see. It's harder to kill yourself than you'd think without pills.

Question... for a friend, of course. But is it possible to cry too much? I know it'll pretty bad when OTPT find this chance to shit on me... but I just want to make it and I feel I'm not....

Bob, I'm not doing too good brotha. I'm really, really not doing good at all and I don't know how to handle it or what to do about it.

I just want a bag to put me to sleep. I just want to go to sleep for a very long time.

I've never had this kind of emotional pain in my life and none gives a shit. I don't mean on here, I don't expect anyone to care... in fact I expect them to do exactly what Green and OTPT are attempting to which is make me feel as bad as possible.

But jesus, man..... what the hell I do? I'm so fucked up.... I can't stop sobbing. I can't help want to fight back each time a poster wanted to talk shit. I'm angry as fuck, I really do just want to go to sleep and just not wake up. Shouldn't that be legal?

Was all of this a joke too? I'm not saying this to be mean, you need professional help. Do yourself a favor and look into it.

Of course you're not saying it to be mean.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-20, 13:38

xsanguine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not really annoyed with you X. But you have to understand- if I say something to you and you reply with 5 posts that are all 6 paragraphs long.... I'm not going to read it. I might skim it. But I'm not going line by line. And I'm not going to reply if I haven't read it. Why? It's a message board. We're not fixing the worlds problems and no matter what we say to each other it's not going to change a thing to anyone anywhere. Also, I'm usually here while I'm at work. I have other things going on and can't stop everything right then to read all that and respond.

You're often very adversarial towards me in your replies. If it's out of sheer annoyance, then fine. I've just never been that annoyed by someone on a message board to be as mean to someone as you've been. I guess that's moreso what I'm referring to.

I get the long replies... I get being annoyed by that. I don't get the malice that follows it, though. That's what I'm trying to get at. What I maybe have said to you that requires the venom that comes back to me.

I don't know dude, it's a message board. Sometimes people say some shit they don't mean or more likely it's misinterpreted. I say shit to my brothers all the time in the heat of conversation and they do back, but nobody means anything. It's over he next day and everyone just moves on. You seem to be holding onto something I said as if it was some kind of life vendetta I was vowing against you, and as a result you're analyzing every word I say to you. so my suggestion would be to let it go.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:40

Shitting on me seems to be a pretty fun thing for you to do the last few weeks, Pylon.

This is not how this thread was supposed to go. I was not looking for it to get back to, let's find new ways to shit on X.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-20, 13:41

xsanguine wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

So, I've got this overall philosophy called "anarchy".... the reason I like it is because it rejects violence as a way of achieving goals... whether it's political or what have you.

So when we're discussing banning smoking in bars. I'm talking about how I believe banning smoking in bars is wrong because it's forcing bar owners to do something against their will with a piece of property that they own and, theoretically, should able to do what they want with (besides wrapping up Billy Batts in it). Now that could be construed as me bringing anarchy into a discussion where it was unwarranted but really it was the philosophy that the words describes than the word itself.

Does that makes sense?

Yes it makes sense and for what it's worth I agree that bar owners should be able to decide for themselves if smoking is allowed in their buildings. Let the customers decide if they're ok with that or not.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:42

xsanguine wrote:

I don't know dude, it's a message board. Sometimes people say some shit they don't mean or more likely it's misinterpreted. I say shit to my brothers all the time in the heat of conversation and they do back, but nobody means anything. It's over he next day and everyone just moves on. You seem to be holding onto something I said as if it was some kind of life vendetta I was vowing against you, and as a result you're analyzing every word I say to you. so my suggestion would be to let it go.

I don't think so. Because there was a change somewhere in there. I wish I could find the date. There was a time I could joke around and you'd joke back. Then all of a sudden every joke I said became some serious comment that you refused to handle and responded as if you intended on being enemies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:43

AnomanderRake wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Does that makes sense?

Yes it makes sense and for what it's worth I agree that bar owners should be able to decide for themselves if smoking is allowed in their buildings. Let the customers decide if they're ok with that or not.

But even so.., my point in saying that was.... I bring that up and you know what follows....."Oh great... here's fucking X with his stupid anarchy shit again."

I try to leave the real serious philosophical discussions in the threads that involve Turtleneck because he seems to be the only one interested in philosophical discussions.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:45

GRR Spartan wrote:Liking you has nothing to do with it.  

Okay fine, GRR.

My parents are fine and living a happy life and everything is good.

I really don't want to argue over this.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Maybe you're right, Pylon.

Maybe it's just me going through something on a drunken night on the message board looking for someone to care.

tSwill is not the place for xsanguine to find that, though. I'm realizing that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-20, 13:48

xsanguine wrote:

I don't think so. Because there was a change somewhere in there. I wish I could find the date. There was a time I could joke around and you'd joke back. Then all of a sudden every joke I said became some serious comment that you refused to handle and responded as if you intended on being enemies.

Is it perhaps because you literally only reply in political threads? Maybe try some of the threads where we just cock around. Like, say my totally super serious Cincinnati thread. But, maybe reply with something other than "hey want to fight?"

I'm sure that was a joke but what am I supposed to do with it to joke with you back? There is nothing funny for me to say back. Maybe it's not me but the way you joke around has changed? I prefer to cock around and make jokes, obviously, but there's just nothing I can do if those are what you are considering to be jokes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-20, 13:50

xsanguine wrote:

Is it perhaps because you literally only reply in political threads? Maybe try some of the threads where we just cock around. Like, say my totally super serious Cincinnati thread. But, maybe reply with something other than "hey want to fight?"

I'm sure that was a joke but what am I supposed to do with it to joke with you back? There is nothing funny for me to say back. Maybe it's not me but the way you joke around has changed? I prefer to cock around and make jokes, obviously, but there's just nothing I can do if those are what you are considering to be jokes.

But I've ALWAYS almost exclusively replied in political threads. It wasn't until you joined the fray that all of a sudden X is a piece of shit and this and that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-20, 13:50

AnomanderRake wrote:Yes it makes sense and for what it's worth I agree that bar owners should be able to decide for themselves if smoking is allowed in their buildings. Let the customers decide if they're ok with that or not.

I had someone ask me a few weeks ago why so many of the small bars have closed. This was part of my answer.

35 years ago - blow #1 - drinking age raised from 18-19 then 21. Killing a significant portion of their business.

Over the same time period drinking and driving enforcement stepped WAY up while limits lowered from .10 to .08 and fines/costs
and penalties steeply increased. Not like the "old days" when the cop might follow you home, etc.

And then you enforce a smoking ban - many people at that point just say fuck it. If I want to have a beer and a cigarette or cigar I might well stay at home or around the campfire where it's cheaper anyway and no chance of a ticket. Another significant portion of the business killed off.

I can name 4 empty bars within 25 miles of me that used to be thriving establishments, not anymore and it's true in small towns all over Michigan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-20, 13:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black?

Xsan, fact is SeeRock had the correct vision, but failed miserably on the execution. Instead of a board of all the cool kids, you got 3 rcmb premiums, and all the volume bonars, who dominate and chase everyone but the toughest posters off. This place is a fail, and Tanner and ghost called it from the start. They deserve all the credit with that prediction. They both knew only a premium can withstand the non stop pressure from a collection of whiney bonars
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-07-20, 13:51

xsanguine wrote:

But I've ALWAYS almost exclusively replied in political threads. It wasn't until you joined the fray that all of a sudden X is a piece of shit and this and that.

I've never said that you were a piece of shit. And if I did, then I'm sorry because I didn't mean it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next