Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18

+2
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
6 posters

Go down

Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18 Empty Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-28, 12:44

All College Football Playoff semifinal games will be played on Saturdays or holidays after the event saw ratings plummet on New Year's Eve last season.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17163763/college-football-playoff-moves-some-new-year-eve-dates
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18 Empty Re: Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-28, 12:54

Smart play, but I didn't mind them on NYE. I wasn't going anywhere anyway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18 Empty Re: Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-28, 12:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:Smart play, but I didn't mind them on NYE. I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

This isn't about you. Fucking Floyd.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-28, 13:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Smart play, but I didn't mind them on NYE. I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

Think about your future, OTPT, someday you won't be going out on NYE either.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-28, 14:57

I have mixed feelings. I think it's stupid to have the games on NYE, but I'm also fortunate enough to not remember the game against Alabama thanks to it being on NYE...
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-28, 15:10

AnomanderRake wrote:I have mixed feelings. I think it's stupid to have the games on NYE, but I'm also fortunate enough to not remember the game against Alabama thanks to it being on NYE...
Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18 502811600
It was annoying for me, because we go out on NYE, and the place I go to, they don't really care that much about college football. I was fortunate enough that they let me have the TV on, but it kinda ruined my night.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-28, 15:44

InTenSity wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:I have mixed feelings. I think it's stupid to have the games on NYE, but I'm also fortunate enough to not remember the game against Alabama thanks to it being on NYE...
Playoffs won't be played on NYE starting in 18 502811600
It was annoying for me, because we go out on NYE, and the place I go to, they don't really care that much about college football. I was fortunate enough that they let me have the TV on, but it kinda ruined my night.

Dude I couldn't have escaped the game if I wanted to. I was at the Amway Hotel in GR and they had massive projector screens in every room playing the game. The last thing I remember it felt like I was surrounded by projector screens closing in on me...
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-28, 23:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Think about your future, OTPT, someday you won't be going out on NYE either.

I was just giving you shit - honestly, I think NYE is fuckin' amateur hour anyway. I can black out with the rest of them, but I don't know. 

I was in Vermont for a ski trip last year and we just stayed in and watched the blood bath. Why go out to a overcrowded bar, wait forever for service, and pay up the ass for drinks? 

Am I wrong? Go with a decent group at a house and party.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-07-29, 00:00

I like it because I might like to go to the game if we're in it again. And NYE does not make for an easy getaway when you have a wife and two little kids.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-29, 00:17

This.  I like that the semis will be on Saturday's (except when the Rose Bowl hosts I presume).

But actually liked the NYE games.  I'm not a big NYE guy.  I couldn't care less. So it gave me an excuse to hang with the tailgate/football watchin' crew.

That said, I wish they were on NYD.  Love NYD football.  The semi games should be on NYD.  The Rose Bowl is threatened and protecting their turf.  I get it.  The CFP needs to flex nuts.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down