Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

+26
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
duffy munn
tanfan!
Triple Sparty
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
aualum06
tTy
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
I.B. Fine
30 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-03, 12:51

"The networks and digital platforms of NBCUniversal will present an unprecedented 6,755 hours of programming for the Games of the XXXI Olympiad from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, this August.

That's roughly 356 hours of coverage per day (19 days). If the 6,755 hours ran on one channel, it would take 281 days to finish airing."

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone actually care about the Olympics?

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No, I was kidding. We made out all right. I guess there are still some people over by the library who've yet to have power restored.
yikes!

I like the warning signs some of the do-gooders have in their yards.. "BWL - Do NOT Cut Down Our Historic Trees" or whatever.. only to find their historic trees crushing a house or car after that storm.. Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600

Yeah, that was an interesting protest. Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600
I appreciate their passion, and I'm probably more vocal about keeping trees than most, but utilities have to be able to prune trees at or close to the line. The problem is, and has been, that those doing the pruning don't bother trying to keep the tree's shape and just whack away to the point -- in several cases -- that there's no sense keeping the tree at all. I've seen some horrible pruning done here and across the city. BWL needed to hire someone who understands how to properly prune a tree.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 13:27

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You're all a bunch of monsters.

I'm with herbie.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5v_N9Ov5T9-50p5rHUmGgEj8Pip0gMYLQbrkAhfiEENX-PLcBKXpyXI0
P
Does that mean Hills is really a right winger?  It seems subliminal.   I get it, she's saying "vote for me, I'll stop taxes, ban the brown people, put pot heads in jail, make people who are raped keep their kids, insist on prayer in schools, and blame Obama for everything that's wrong...... It's our secret".  

BTW, saw a couple of idiots at the convention holding it upside down, and was wondering if they meant we can only go backwards under hills.  

I would've held mine pointing downward, at my crotch; a subliminal message that I was promised a hummer for holding the sign.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2016-08-03, 13:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos, as if it's any of your business.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-03, 13:31

DWags wrote:Women's beach volleyball

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 10586010

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 Imgres15

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 Olympi10

If she's trying to fingerblast herself, then she's doing it wrong.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-03, 13:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yikes!

I like the warning signs some of the do-gooders have in their yards.. "BWL - Do NOT Cut Down Our Historic Trees" or whatever.. only to find their historic trees crushing a house or car after that storm.. Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600

Yeah, that was an interesting protest. Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600
I appreciate their passion, and I'm probably more vocal about keeping trees than most, but utilities have to be able to prune trees at or close to the line. The problem is, and has been, that those doing the pruning don't bother trying to keep the tree's shape and just whack away to the point -- in several cases -- that there's no sense keeping the tree at all. I've seen some horrible pruning done here and across the city. BWL needed to hire someone who understands how to properly prune a tree.
very true.

I cruised around the 'hood on one of my expensive bikes that Saturday morning - looked like a war zone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-05, 08:55

Lansing StateJournal ‏@LSJNews 4m4 minutes ago
.@michiganstateu student [ @Mo_Hrezi ] found out he'll carry the Libyan flag at tonight's Olympic opening ceremony

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 636059225392563026-runner-072616-kd-5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-05, 13:31

I just checked..

I'm still not interested.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-05, 18:30

I'll watch some of it, root for the ole USA, but in the end will I truly truly give a fuck? Nah
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-05, 19:55

Probably watch basket ball aND soccer. Why not?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-08-05, 20:07

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Kelso Verified account
‏@pkelso

Hearing an Olympic kayaker may have capsized after hitting a submerged sofa. Story of day & possibly the week if true. #kayaksofa #Rio2016
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-05, 20:23

The fuck is this opening ceremony? I need some acid or something.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-05, 21:35

jimgeraghty ‏@jimgeraghty 16m16 minutes ago
Man, we haven't seen this many Germans arriving in South America since 1945.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-05, 22:11

Hi Day Day
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-05, 22:15

tTy wrote:LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Kelso Verified account
‏@pkelso

Hearing an Olympic kayaker may have capsized after hitting a submerged sofa. Story of day & possibly the week if true. #kayaksofa #Rio2016
Was he immediately bathed in antibiotics?
Are they sure it was a sofa, not a large turd, or a body?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2016-08-05, 22:41

I enjoy the parade of nations thing at the start - an almost endless invitation to make racist comments about different nations.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-08-05, 22:45

I.B. Fine wrote:As the media assault of Olympic coverage begins, I mean, other than seeing if the kayak competition encounters any floating corpses?
Yes, yes I do. And fuck you if you do not.

America...fuck yeah!
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-05, 22:51

Snake Plissken wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:As the media assault of Olympic coverage begins, I mean, other than seeing if the kayak competition encounters any floating corpses?
Yes, yes I do. And fuck you if you do not.

America...fuck yeah!

Of course America! but you must be one of those candy asses Clint Eastwood was talking about. Razz
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-08, 13:30

This dude caught the cyclist chick crashing and burning. Took a while for paramedics to get to her too. I heard she is ok. Didn't look like it in this video.

Also, are there typically this many motorcycles ahead of the leaders of cycling races? Seems excessive.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 13:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This dude caught the cyclist chick crashing and burning. Took a while for paramedics to get to her too. I heard she is ok. Didn't look like it in this video.

Also, are there typically this many motorcycles ahead of the leaders of cycling races? Seems excessive.
depending on the race in question, there are usually more motorcycles, team cars, press vehicles, etc involved than that.. check out what one did to Johnny Hoogerland a couple of tours ago..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-08, 14:07

Lemme check for an up-to-the-minute update:
Nope. Still don't care.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 14:28

tGreenWay wrote:Lemme check for an up-to-the-minute update:
Nope. Still don't care.
same.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-08, 14:29

Nope. Still don't care.

I did watch a little bit of the USA/China basketball game. Then I got bored because it was such a mismatch. That's all I've seen. Any hot javelin chicks I should be aware of?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-08, 14:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nope. Still don't care.

I did watch a little bit of the USA/China basketball game. Then I got bored because it was such a mismatch. That's all I've seen. Any hot javelin chicks I should be aware of?

I saw a photo of the guy who busted his leg. My reaction was nearly pukerriffic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-08, 14:43

You guys are monsters.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-08, 15:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys are monsters.

Are you saying I should've enjoyed that pic of the dude's broken leg? You sick bastard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 15:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys are monsters.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 15:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Nope. Still don't care.

I caught a glimpse of some Olympic event yesterday at Crunchy's - didn't really see what it was.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-08, 15:57

Is boxing still an Olympic event? What about skateboarding?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-08, 16:01

DWags wrote:Is boxing still an Olympic event? What about skateboarding?
not sure.

word on the street is that China is lobbying hard for solving the Rubik's cube.. while playing a violin.

at the age of 3.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-08, 16:04

Is cliff diving an Olympic spirt?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-08, 16:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Is boxing still an Olympic event? What about skateboarding?
not sure.

word on the street is that China is lobbying hard for solving the Rubik's cube.. while playing a violin.

at the age of 3.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600

I've heard Turtleneck is in Rio preparing for the gymnastics event where he'll run around the floor with a ribbon on a stick--while wearing tights.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-08-08, 21:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not sure.

at the age of 3.

Does anyone actually care about the Olympics? - Page 2 502811600

I've heard Turtleneck is in Rio preparing for the gymnastics event where he'll run around the floor with a ribbon on a stick--while wearing tights.  

Now were talking! which of the 48 channels will he be on at 3 am? Is Dick Button doing the play by play?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-09, 08:56

I've been watching an hour or so every night. Only get NBC though so caught men's gymnastics last night, and USA did not seem to be doing well.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-09, 09:04

CheesySpartan wrote:Love the Olympics and will probably watch daily. USA!, USA!, USA!!!

Me too
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-09, 09:05

Tanfan! wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Love the Olympics and will probably watch daily.  USA!, USA!, USA!!!

Me too

Aren't you retired though?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-09, 21:42

So you guys weren't watching phelps beat his swimming nemesis just now? Cause the was fun. And also America so suck it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-09, 21:44

Just watch phelps win the gold in the 200 fly. Fucking amaizing. Win by 4 100s of a second. Two for two on golds.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 21:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So you guys weren't watching phelps beat his swimming nemesis just now? Cause the was fun. And also America so suck it.

His nemesis didn't even medal
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-08-09, 21:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So you guys weren't watching phelps beat his swimming nemesis just now? Cause the was fun. And also America so suck it.

That was awesome!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2016-08-09, 22:31

The_Dude wrote:

His nemesis didn't even medal

That made it so much better
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next