Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember

+11
NigelUno
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
duffy munn
The_Dude
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
aualum06
Death Roe
SpartanInNH
15 posters

Go down

And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember Empty And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-08-08, 21:59

Wonder if he was captain of his team.

Report: Hackenberg has been "brutally bad" at Jets camp
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember Empty Re: And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-08, 22:14

Hack was soooo good under O'Brien. Franklin had a good QB and ruined him forever. I feel bad for him, especially after Franklin constantly threw him under the bus.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember Empty Re: And this guy got drafted ahead of Cook, remember

Post by aualum06 2016-08-08, 22:32

Death Roe wrote:Hack was soooo good under O'Brien. Franklin had a good QB and ruined him forever. I feel bad for him, especially after Franklin constantly threw him under the bus.

Hack was never that good
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-08-08, 22:37

Jets can't keep four QBs and you look like a giant asshole if you cut your 2nd round pick so who gets the ax? Petty or Geno-cide?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-08, 23:51

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Jets can't keep four QBs and you look like a giant asshole if you cut your 2nd round pick so who gets the ax? Petty or Geno-cide?

You're right, but at some point you have to check yourself and say "man, I fucked up, let's cut him". These guys who don't end up Matt Millening a team and just keeping your mistakes and hoping they work out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-08, 23:59

To be fair, Cook hasn't been looking great in camp either.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-09, 00:06

The_Dude wrote:To be fair, Cook hasn't been looking great in camp either.

He's no Jake Rudock.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-09, 00:08

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Jets can't keep four QBs and you look like a giant asshole if you cut your 2nd round pick so who gets the ax? Petty or Geno-cide?

You're right, but at some point you have to check yourself and say "man, I fucked up, let's cut him". These guys who don't end up Matt Millening a team and just keeping your mistakes and hoping they work out.

I don't think early August is that point dwags.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-09, 00:08

duffy munn wrote:

He's no Jake Rudock.

Agreed
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-09, 00:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Oh, completely agree. I wasn't talking about Hack. I was talking about handling mistakes you've drafted. Guys line Hack and Cook will have huge problems at first. I'm thinking cook will still try to hit Windows he could hit in college and won't realize how quick they close. Hack too. Non franchise qb's like them will be given a year to prove they can figure things out.

My point was GM's who refuse to cut their mistakes. Not the QB spot
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-09, 00:23

DWags wrote:

Oh, completely agree. I wasn't talking about Hack. I was talking about handling mistakes you've drafted. Guys line Hack and Cook will have huge problems at first. I'm thinking cook will still try to hit Windows he could hit in college and won't realize how quick they close. Hack too. Non franchise qb's like them will be given a year to prove they can figure things out.

My point was GM's who refuse to cut their mistakes. Not the QB spot

Gotcha. Yeah I dig. If he hasn't shown improvement in a year or so there's no reason to hang on just because they stupidly used way too high of a pick on him. What's done is done eventually.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-09, 02:07

YAFI.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-09, 04:14

DWags wrote:

Cooks shoulder is fucked up
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-09, 07:41

So, a guy at Sportsnaut (whatever that is) read some other guy's twitter (who no one has ever heard of), which had 2 "reliable" sources at Jets Camp.

Did I miss anything?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-09, 07:41

Tanfan! wrote:

Cooks shoulder is fucked up

Still ? 9 months later ?

If he needed surgery and didn't have it, that's either on him or the doctors.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-08-09, 09:00

Hack was never that good, even under O'Brien.

Cook needs to start cupping.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-09, 09:28

Lazy YAFI
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-08-09, 11:01

I wonder if Hacknenberg would have stalled and/or became a pain in the ass if the coach who recruited him hadn't left after 2 years.

He didn't like him well enough to draft him.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2016-08-10, 06:24; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-08-09, 23:19

GRR Spartan wrote:I wonder if Hacknenberg would have stalled and/or became a pain in the ass if they coach who recruited him hadn't left after 2 years.

He didn't like him well enough to draft him.

And he needs a fuckin' quarterback.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-01-02, 17:31

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/01/christian_hackenberg_not_concerned_with_report_of.html

According to ESPN, citing an anonymous Jets' coach, Christian Hackenberg "couldn't hit the ocean" with a football. Additional team officials, according to Adam Schefter, said Hackenberg actually "regressed" in his first season with the team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-01-02, 17:54

But was he a captain?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down