Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many Spartans get drafted this year?

+14
Stoops21
Sponge Worthy
Giant Moose
Oops Thats not right
MJ
BtothejizA
ROtown Sparty
Macks
Notorious GiB
I.B. Fine
Ass Dan
d_mcc
RBW Spartan
MrMojoRisin
18 posters

Go down

How many Spartans get drafted this year? Empty How many Spartans get drafted this year?

Post by MrMojoRisin 2014-05-08, 06:34

Dennard, Bullough, Lewis, and Allen. I'll say 4.
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How many Spartans get drafted this year? Empty Re: How many Spartans get drafted this year?

Post by RBW Spartan 2014-05-08, 06:47

O/U is 4.5. Wouldn't surprise me to see Reynolds or someone on the OL get picked up late.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How many Spartans get drafted this year? Empty Re: How many Spartans get drafted this year?

Post by d_mcc 2014-05-08, 07:03

6 - Dennard, Bullough, Allen, Reynolds, Lewis, Fowler

Hoover, Elsworth, Fou - UDFA
d_mcc
d_mcc
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-08, 07:22

Call it now:

Does Maxwell get signed as a UFA?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-05-08, 07:29

Ass Dan wrote:Call it now:

Can't see it happening.
I'll take the over. I think some team takes a flyer on Fowler
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-05-08, 07:36

No is drafting Fowler IMO. I think he gets signed as a UFA and at the least makes a practice squad.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-05-08, 07:38

Yes. He will be in a training camp as an extra QB. Some of these teams start off camp with 6 or 7 QB's. He will be an early cut.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 07:43

Surefire - Dennard, Bullough
Highly likely - Lewis
Maybe - Reynolds, Hoover, Allen
Low chance - Fowler
UDFAs - Maxwell, Elsworth
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-05-08, 07:49

How many Spartans get drafted this year? 1966794946 

That's why I love this place.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-05-08, 08:12

Macks wrote:Surefire - Dennard, Bullough
Highly likely - Lewis
Low chance - Fowler

I'd agree with this.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 09:20

5- Dennard, Bullough, Lewis, Allen, Fowler.

No one has any love for Fou or Treadwell?

MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 10:46

MJ wrote:5- Dennard, Bullough, Lewis, Allen, Fowler.

No one has any love for Fou or Treadwell?

We haven't gotten an OL drafted in forever. Fou wasn't particularly good last year and has several medical red flags.

Treadwell is a possibility but more likely an UDFA kind of guy. Pity, because I thought he came up strong last year. Not sure how he tested at the pro day but late-round guys usually tend to be either super productive guys who tested poorly, or athletic freaks who are very very raw.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 11:19

gHost Spartan wrote:How awesome would it be if Maxwell made a team, their starting QB got injured, and he went on to win a Super Bowl?  How many Spartans get drafted this year? 3493939353 

**** that.

I want Maxwell to just straight beat out a QB and then win a super bowl, none of this pussy shit of being handed a job because of injury.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 11:22

Highly likely - Lewis
Low chance - Fowler

I think this is pretty close - although I'd shift it a bit and add one name.

Surefire - Dennard, Bullough
Highly likely - Lewis
Maybe - Fowler, Allen, Fonoti - in that order of likelihood.
Low chance - Reynolds, Hoover
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-08, 11:26

So how many years in a row will this be that MSU has someone drafted in the NFL? Don't we have one of the nation's longest streaks?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-08, 11:27

Allen, Hoover, Reynolds and Fowler are all guys that can be picked in late rounds without an eyebrow being raised. I'd bet two of those 4 are picked and that at least two "stick" on team come Fall

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 11:39

Speaking of Elsworth played softball against him Tuesday night.

I showed up a bit late, got on the field got out to 2B right before he led off, he smoked one down the left field line and was on 2B. I looked at him for a second like " I know this guy who is he?", 1 pitcher later I looked at him and said "Go Green", he quickly responded "Go White".

I know I know, cool story bro. Just thought it was cool, a kid who could possibly be getting drafted and or should be working out gettin ready for a chance in the NFL, is playing in a slow pitch softball league back near his hometown.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 11:42

MJ wrote:Speaking of Elsworth played softball against him Tuesday night.  

I showed up a bit late, got on the field got out to 2B right before he led off, he smoked one down the left field line and was on 2B.  I looked at him for a second like " I know this guy who is he?", 1 pitcher later I looked at him and said "Go Green", he quickly responded "Go White".  

I know I know, cool story bro.  Just thought it was cool, a kid who could possibly be getting drafted and or should be working out gettin ready for a chance in the NFL, is playing in a slow pitch softball league back near his hometown.  

How was his game? If the NFL doesn't work out, will he be one of those crazy roided out softball guys?
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-05-08, 12:47

What's holding fowler back?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 12:51

Code:
Stoops21 wrote:What's holding fowler back?

Some injury history and consistency in catching the ball. He did better this year but not enough to go in a high round.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-05-08, 12:55

Highly likely - Lewis
Low chance - Fowler

I think you need to move Allen to Highly Likely. Worst case scenario he could be a very scary special teams guy that can spot at LB or SS if needed.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-08, 13:32

Stoops21 wrote:What's holding fowler back?

Stats. The same thing that, if anything, is holding Bullough back..a lot of other talented receivers that (finally) stepped up this year but in an offense that isn't run like TT or T A&M

Just my O

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 14:34

I.B. Fine wrote:

I think you need to move Allen to Highly Likely. Worst case scenario he could be a very scary special teams guy that can spot at LB or SS if needed.

Allen is a tweener without particularly good measurables. Nothing about him screams "highly likely" from an NFL perspective. Whoever gets him will be getting a great player but a lot of people were saying the same about Greg Jones. I could see Allen going in the 6th-7th but it's up in the air really.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 14:43

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Stats. The same thing that, if anything, is holding Bullough back..a lot of other talented receivers that (finally) stepped up this year but in an offense that isn't run like TT or T A&M

Just my O

Stats mean very little when it comes to the draft. Sure, an egregious lack of them can be a red flag but athleticism and ability matter above all. What's holding Fowler back is likely his history of foot injuries and inability to really separate himself as a WR. He wasn't very good last year and he only really came on strong towards the end of this year. 6'1 guys who run in the 4.4 range are a dime a dozen when it comes to training camp, every team has a handful that they hope can become something.

Bullough's issue is that he's a little stiff and not really a turn-and-run LB. With the NFL being a passing league like it is, you need a LB to be a guy who can not only come up in the run game, but also run with a TE across the middle. Bullough has plenty of production - that's certainly not the knock on him.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Poopersc00per 2014-05-08, 14:52

I'd say four: dennard, bullough, Lewis, and (insert fou, reynolds, fowler or Allen)
Poopersc00per
Poopersc00per
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-08, 14:52

all of them..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 16:30

MSU players to watch:
CB Darquezze Dennard (Round 1)
LB Max Bullough (Rounds 4-5)
S Isaiah Lewis (Rounds 5-7)
WR Bennie Fowler (Rounds 5-7)
LB Denicos Allen (Round 6-FA)
OL Fou Fonoti (Round 6-FA)
OL Blake Treadwell (Round 6-FA)
DT Micajah Reynolds (Round 7-FA)
DT Tyler Hoover (Round 7-FA)
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin 2014-05-10, 16:43

Some guy from Concordia State just got drafted over all our guys, sad
MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-05-10, 19:41

Wow, just Dennard, I'm sure there are a few players even more disappointed than I am.
Hopefully all of them are given a look as UDFAs
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Matador 2014-05-10, 19:46

I wonder how much the rose bowl incident cost Max. I don't think anyone expected him to go past the 5th round.

Dantonio should have won coach of the year, with only ONE NFL draft guy on the team.
The Matador
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-05-10, 20:57

Look. Greg Jones didn't pan out and he was considerably more athletic than max. Big deal. MSU keeps winning.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down