Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose? They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein

+4
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Dr. Strangelove
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Empty Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose? They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 8:23

You can't be this stupid can you?  It has to be done to get the ire of a fan base.  Nobody can be this dumb and cover the NFL.  Can they?  I'm really confused.

Anyway, from the article:
MSU only has one fucking back in the NFL.  I think we only have one QB too.  Fuck, we suck.

"Nowadays that title can’t be claimed by any one college, according to Detroit News research. In fact, NFL-caliber running backs come from programs across the nation, whether it's a dynamic Division I school or a little-known Division II college.

California and Stanford tied for the most running backs on NFL rosters and injured reserved lists at the end of the 2015 season with four apiece.

Ten colleges followed with three, including USC, Alabama and Oklahoma. Michigan was among the 19 schools that had two tailbacks and 51 other colleges had one, including Michigan State, Central Michigan, Wayne State, Morningside College, Abilene Christian and Coe College."

Now, honestly, you can tell me I'm too paranoid, that I think the blue wall exists when it doesn't, that it's all made up, and I might say, you're probably right, I have a chip on my shoulder.  But, if you are a casual observer of the NFL, let alone an NFL writer AND YOU DO THE RESEARCH, are you really telling me you don't realize Langford and Bell, two MSU backs who happen to be two of the best in the league come from MSU?  Even if you don't follow the game, you might have maybe heard the names just once or twice.

My god, I'd like to comment to the writer but the dregs in those comments sections are pathetic.  They'll change the on line stuff, but the hard paper print that I read on the shitter this morning is a tribute to their stupidity.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Empty Re: Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose? They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 8:49

It's not Spring-STEIN.

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein APTOPIX-Mideast-Israe_Horo-e1382546968606

But the linked article is just another example of the laziness of modern journalism. Editor proposes series and assigns it to writer. It looks like the writer took about 20 minutes to shit out this piece and it was given a perfunctory review and that was it.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Empty Re: Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose? They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 8:57

Print journalism is dead.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:23

This pretty much tells you all you need to know about print journalism these days.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:26

"outrage" doesn't begin to describe the emotions I feel about this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"outrage" doesn't begin to describe the emotions I feel about this.

The MSU part in the article or the Spring-STEIN part in the posting?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:43

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"outrage" doesn't begin to describe the emotions I feel about this.

In my defense, I can't listen to him without wanting to shove knitting needles in my ears.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:43

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Bobbyknightranger

Do they tour with Bobby Knight Ranger?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:52

DWags wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

In my defense, I can't listen to him without wanting to shove knitting needles in my ears.

This clip will make you want to put a fork in your eyes.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 9:57

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

I can live with the Spring-STEIN thing.. but these people have no idea what the Banks of the Red Cedar means to me.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 10:37

I'm guessing Bell wasn't officially on the Steelers' roster at the end of 2015 because he was hurt.

But, come on.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:30

NigelUno wrote:I'm guessing Bell wasn't officially on the Steelers' roster at the end of 2015 because he was hurt.

But, come on.

Article says they checked rosters and injured reserve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:38

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:I'm guessing Bell wasn't officially on the Steelers' roster at the end of 2015 because he was hurt.

But, come on.

They didn't. They are lying.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:44

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

They didn't.  They are lying.  

Fucking liberal bias.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:50

It's your own fucking fault. If you did not read that shit from the D you would have a better day. This is entirely on you - your problem - fix it.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:20

BleacherSwill wrote:It's your own fucking fault. If you did not read that shit from the D you would have a better day. This is entirely on you - your problem - fix it.

Listen. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like getting up in the morning, walking out to the drive way, scratching your nuts as your neighbors walk to their car, checking the sky, looking around, picking up the paper, walking back in, brewing a coffee, black you pussies, going to sit on the shitter, taking a morning dump and reading a newspaper.

Fuck you reading a phone on the shitter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:39

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Archie-in-chair

"I tell ya, Edith.. I'm so mad about what they're writing in the newspaper these days.. that I'm gonna go buy another one tomorrow just to see what they're saying"..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Archie-in-chair

"I tell ya, Edith.. I'm so mad about what they're writing in the newspaper these days.. that I'm gonna go buy another one tomorrow just to see what they're saying"..

A. Bunker. Greatest American Evah.

Mr we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again
Hey, Bobby S kind of reminds me of meat head. Except Bobby talks about how great he is way more than Meat head would.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:55

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein Archie-in-chair

Hey, Bobby S kind of reminds me of meat head. Except Bobby talks about how great he is way more than Meat head would.
Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein 502811600

that show stills comes on every now and then - pretty fun to watch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein 502811600

I stream it - they were covering topics in the early 70s that people will barely touch on TV today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:58

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Seriously, does the Detroit news do this on purpose?  They almost have to. It's like asking a Rock Music guy if he's ever heard of The stones or Springstein 502811600

I stream it - they were covering topics in the early 70s that people will barely touch on TV today.
oh, I know - all of the sensitive snowflakes these days would be shrieking in horror.

Not sure what channel it's on in East Lansing - but they also show The Andy Griffith Show, old Happy Days, Gilligan's Island - some other old skool classics.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 13:21

DWags wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:It's your own fucking fault. If you did not read that shit from the D you would have a better day. This is entirely on you - your problem - fix it.

Listen. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like getting up in the morning, walking out to the drive way, scratching your nuts as your neighbors walk to their car, checking the sky, looking around, picking up the paper, walking back in, brewing a coffee, black you pussies, going to sit on the shitter, taking a morning dump and reading a newspaper.

Ipad on the shitter, asshole.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 14:17

BleacherSwill wrote:
DWags wrote:

Who the fuck would have a god damn I pad thrown onto their drive every morning so they could scratch their  nuts in front of their neighbor and check the weather?  The fuck is wrong with you?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 14:34

DWags wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

Who the fuck would have a god damn I pad thrown onto their drive every morning so they could scratch their  nuts in front of their neighbor and check the weather?  The fuck is wrong with you?

But, I'm with you. I love the old timey routine of getting the paper and commencing with everything you said. But I do read papers on my phone, too.

BTW: It's time you update your attitude about technology so you can tweet at the jackass who wrote that article. You might get a response. I think the tSwill tweeters should also be on this, but they're all lazy phuckers trying to recruit underage boys here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 15:00

DWags wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

Yeah, you do have that going for you.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down