Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General?

5 posters

Go down

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? Empty What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General?

Post by tGreenWay 8/18/2016, 10:56 am

I haven't yet taken the time to sit down and really look at the poll numbers, presidential voting histories, etc. I heard Trump is way ahead in the typically red state IN, which got me wondering how he'll do overall. It'll be easier to guess numbers in the Electoral College after getting a better sense of things state-by-state (obvs).

So, wha'd'ya say?  Will the polls narrow, as they typically do, as the election draws closer?  Or will this turn into a landslide win for HRC, with shades of Johnson v Goldwater, Nixon v McGovern, or a Reagan v Mondale margins?

Last edited by tGreenWay on 8/18/2016, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? Empty Re: What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/18/2016, 11:10 am

the debates will be important but, I don't think, as important as some people are making them out to be. This isn't a traditional election and I am guessing that about 85% of the electorate has already made up their mind about who they're supporting. With the changing minority demographics in America and the way Trump has demonized/attempted to marginalize them, the statistics just don't bode well for him - even with a very flawed candidate such as Hillary.

Turnout will be the key issue. If Hillary can't get even an average turnout, she'll win by a fairly comfortable margin. I sense that the enthusiasm we saw from the low-intellect/emotionally vulnerable people in the republican primaries is waning a bit.

I suspect Trump will carry about 24 states but Hillary will win the electoral college quite comfortably. Not necessarily a "landslide" but probably by around 120-130 electoral college votes.

At which point, republicans will (shockingly) whine about something.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 8/18/2016, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? Empty Re: What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General?

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 11:10 am

What is this about? It's not like his campaign is losing...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 8/18/2016, 1:17 pm

Turtleneck wrote:What is this about? It's not like his campaign is losing...

Nanananabooboo stick your head in doodoo.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 1:20 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:What is this about? It's not like his campaign is losing...

For some reason, I think they guy might be Blanch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 8/18/2016, 1:25 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

For some reason, I think they guy might be Blanch.

You're losing.
Says who?
Polls.
Which ones?
All of them.
No response. Is his campaign pulling random supporters off of the street and putting them on TV?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/18/2016, 1:26 pm

[youtube]/E1lJ3tfQFpc[/b]
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/18/2016, 1:27 pm

tGreenWay wrote:[youtube]/E1lJ3tfQFpc[/b]

Fuck me.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 1:34 pm

It is my understanding that this guy has been hired to do internal polling for the Trump campaign.

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? 07-minister

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/18/2016, 1:39 pm

Turtleneck wrote:It is my understanding that this guy has been hired to do internal polling for the Trump campaign.

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? 07-minister

You are entitled to your math and I am entitled to the math.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 10:45 pm

Trump and his supporters were always citing polls in the primaries, now...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 8/18/2016, 10:59 pm

A Clinton decoy winning the general against the matriarch? I put the odds at very low.

I came back from my absence joining parenthood to tell you all government still sucks with a few exceptions and to annoy Turtleneck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 11:10 pm

Congrats on the child, X.

What's the over/under on the number of states Trump will win in the General? 081816-kgo-sf-castro-trump-statue-full-img
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 8/18/2016, 11:14 pm

Thanks TN. How've you been?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 8/18/2016, 11:15 pm

I have been living the dream. Hope you are doing well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 8/18/2016, 11:17 pm

That's good to hear. I'm tired but alive.

Also, hospital food isn't that bad.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down