Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC

+4
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
8 posters

Go down

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Empty The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:36

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC 502811600 Everybody on board the Trump Train...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-lifelong-republican-20160817-story.html

"But weeks after the end of the 2016 GOP convention, I am confronted by an inconvenient fact: Despite what I wrote in that nationally televised speech about Hillary Clinton, I may yet have to vote for her because of the epic deficiencies of my own party's nominee."

Last edited by tGreenWay on Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Empty Re: The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:37

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Hqdefault

misty-eyed RNC attendees finding out that their emotions have been politicized and manipulated by the Republican party and the mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Empty Re: The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Hqdefault

misty-eyed RNC attendees finding out that their emotions have been politicized and manipulated by the Republican party and the mainstream media.

It's fascinating how the speechwriter calls himself a moderate Republican. I have many friends who are moderate Republicans and would have never considered writing that speech in that vein. I know, because several of us have discussed it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC Hqdefault

It's fascinating how the speechwriter calls himself a moderate Republican. I have many friends who are moderate Republicans and would have never considered writing that speech in that vein. I know, because several of us have discussed it.
I agree.. but everyone has their price. Even if means manipulating the emotions of vulnerable people. It's unfortunate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 13:58

tGreenWay wrote:The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC 502811600 Everybody on board the Trump Train...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-lifelong-republican-20160817-story.html

"But weeks after the end of the 2016 GOP convention, I am confronted by an inconvenient fact: Despite what I wrote in that nationally televised speech about Hillary Clinton, I may yet have to vote for her because of the epic deficiencies of my own party's nominee."
ya know, I'm actually surprised to find out that someone other than the mother wrote that speech. It seemed so heartfelt.

Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC 502811600 Everybody on board the Trump Train...

ya know, I'm actually surprised to find out that someone other than the mother wrote that speech. It seemed so heartfelt.

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I genuinely hated that speech, but she's a mom who lost her son, and, in my book, she gets a lot of leeway to say whatever she wants.
I guess I could also agree that the speechwriter captured the depth and breadth of the woman's anger and frustration, because I've seen her interviewed since her speech and, while not as... eloquent as her night at the RNC, she's just as passionate as she was that evening. And again, because of her loss, she gets a pass for saying things I know aren't true.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:13

Holy crsp, I just wrote the above without even remembering Trump's response to the Khan family.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:17

Really?? Oh well I definitely will now be dropping my support for Trump and potentially voting for HRC as well..............Rolling Eyes
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:21

TheReal_LWS wrote:Really?? Oh well I definitely will now be dropping my support for Trump and potentially voting for HRC as well..............Rolling Eyes

You're supporting Trump? So all your previous talk about small government and the importance of Christianity in policy - which is contradictory of itself -  were lies? Because nobody who seriously believes in small government or the word of God could find that scoundrel appealing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:ya know, I'm actually surprised to find out that someone other than the mother wrote that speech. It seemed so heartfelt.

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I genuinely hated that speech, but she's a mom who lost her son, and, in my book, she gets a lot of leeway to say whatever she wants.
I guess I could also agree that the speechwriter captured the depth and breadth of the woman's anger and frustration, because I've seen her interviewed since her speech and, while not as... eloquent as her night at the RNC, she's just as passionate as she was that evening. And again, because of her loss, she gets a pass for saying things I know aren't true.
oh, I know - I don't have an issue with a grieving mother. I have an issue with how a political party uses her to advance their immoral agenda while demonizing a family who lost a child fighting for the freedoms we enjoy every day.

they're good christians - the people demonizing a family whose son was killed fighting for our freedoms - don't ya think?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:42

Turtleneck wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Really?? Oh well I definitely will now be dropping my support for Trump and potentially voting for HRC as well..............Rolling Eyes

You're supporting Trump? So all your previous talk about small government and the importance of Christianity in policy - which is contradictory of itself -  were lies? Because nobody who seriously believes in small government or the word of God could find that scoundrel appealing.

You're about to open a whole can of hypocrisy when it comes to this guy. Careful.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:43

Of course he's voting for Trump. He's the classic example of a Trump voter. No independent thought. Religious indoctrination. Fear of things different than him. I would have been surprised if he wasn't voting for Trump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Of course he's voting for Trump. He's the classic example of a Trump voter. No independent thought. Religious indoctrination. Fear of things different than him. I would have been surprised if he wasn't voting for Trump.

There is little, if anything, from Trump's past that validates his support of Christianity in the present. I find it hard to believe that serious practitioners of Christianity would be willing to vote for Trump.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:52

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There is little, if anything, from Trump's past that validates his support of Christianity in the present. I find it hard to believe that serious practitioners of Christianity would be willing to vote for Trump.
from a religious perspective (and I'm someone who thinks religion is quite silly), Hillary fits the mold of morally consistent religious convictions than Trump could ever begin to approach.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 14:59

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I might have been stretching it with Christianity, but there are a lot of evangelicals that will be voting for him. Probably more of that has to do with them voting a straight ticket, but this link tries to tell why evangelicals are voting for Trump.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/trump-and-the-evangelicals-a-match-made-in-well/488552/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I might have been stretching it with Christianity, but there are a lot of evangelicals that will be voting for him. Probably more of that has to do with them voting a straight ticket, but this link tries to tell why evangelicals are voting for Trump.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/trump-and-the-evangelicals-a-match-made-in-well/488552/

Right. He stole a lot of those voters from Cruz in the primaries. Without having read the link, I am confused as to what any principled Christian sees in Trump.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:14

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Right. He stole a lot of those voters from Cruz in the primaries. Without having read the link, I am confused as to what any principled Christian sees in Trump.
from my experience, you could fit them all in a phone booth.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

What if one of them is Hoke?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:19

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

What if one of them is Hoke?
Tommy?

he's a good guy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:23

No
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:No
he would beg to differ..

The writer of the GOP convention's "Benghazi Mom" speech won't be voting for Trump and may in fact vote for HRC 7974531

Tommy Hoke is in his 12th year as associate head strength and conditioning coach at Michigan State. He was named a Master Strength and Conditioning Coach (MSCC) in May 2010 by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa), which is the highest honor given to a strength and conditioning professional.

he's also from the Great State of North Carolina.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:28

Wrong Hoke, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:54

Turtleneck wrote:Wrong Hoke, Bob.
:(
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 15:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Wrong Hoke, Bob.
:(

TRAVIS! Get the F out of Bob's account! How many times do you have to be told?!?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 18:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: :(

TRAVIS! Get the F out of Bob's account! How many times do you have to be told?!?

Sowwie :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 18:41

Please talk like an adult.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:43

Just when you think the GOP can't get more strange you read about another life long Republican who doesn't have the stomach for what Trump is or what he might bring.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 20:27

Sidenote to anyone who might possibly give a shit about the political stuff I post here: I do so for my own amusement and to share with other like-minded folks who I think would enjoy a hearty moment of schadenfreude. I have no allusions these posts would ever change another voter's mind regarding their personal choice for political office, nor are these stories intended to do such a thing. These posts are for entertainment purposes only.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 18 Aug 2016 - 22:03

Former GM President Dan Ackerson said he will be voting for HRC because he doesn't think Trump has the qualities needed to be POTUS.

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2016/08/former_gm_ceo_pens_scathing_op.html#incart_river_home_pop

Trump is now beginning to lose the white male demo and really lose in the college educated segment of that demo.  That's a demo that Trump needs to get to 270 electoral votes. Romney beat Obama by 27 points in 2012 in that segment. Right now Trump is leading by about 20%.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/19/us/politics/donald-trump-white-men.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down