Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump speech

+10
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Blanch32
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
AnomanderRake
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trump speech  Empty Trump speech

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:00

Obviously we're divided on this as a nation but Trump is putting on a solid speech. Most of the BS he's talking about won't get done because the system is broken but it's hard to argue with what he's saying.

The only part that makes my SMH is the majority of the Dems sitting in an obvious unsupport of this country as well as the police but quickly jump up when a minority is recognized in the crowd. LOL

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-02-28, 22:05; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Trump speech  Empty Re: Trump speech

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:04

Benny‏Verified account @bennyjohnson 2m2 minutes ago

Sobbing widow of slain Navy Seal receives 2 minute standing ovation.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Keith Ellison stay firmly seated, no claps
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:05

Charlie Sykes‏Verified account @SykesCharlie 4m4 minutes ago
More
Genuinely one of the most powerful moments I can remember from a presidential speech ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:07

I ended up watching most of this....and it's by far the most Presidential he's ever looked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:07

LooseGoose wrote:Benny‏Verified account @bennyjohnson 2m2 minutes ago

Sobbing widow of slain Navy Seal receives 2 minute standing ovation.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Keith Ellison stay firmly seated, no claps

disgusting
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:08

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 10m10 minutes ago
More
Republicans and Democrats are sharply divided when the POTUS spotlights victims of crime by illegal immigrants.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:08

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 22m22 minutes ago
More
Democrats hate when Trump bashes Obamacare, but more Dems than GOPs like when he talks about covering preexisting conditions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:08

LooseGoose wrote:I ended up watching most of this....and it's by far the most Presidential he's ever looked.

It was a well written speech. It's mostly BS but it sounded good.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:09

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 28m28 minutes ago
More
Words that unite focus group:
• "Buy American, American."

Words that divide focus group:
• "Repeal & replace Obamacare."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 31m31 minutes ago
More
16 of 21 focus group members say Trump's speech is better than they expected.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 37m37 minutes ago
More
On hard policy, Trump's plea to bring back jobs (end of clip) plays best to GOP and Democrat focus groupers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:10

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 42m42 minutes ago
More
Every time Trump speaks across racial or gender lines, Democrats focus groupers like it.

There is a path to bipartisanship.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:10

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 1h1 hour ago
More
My focus group is made up of 21 people.

6 of them feel better about Trump now than on Election Day; 8 feel worse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:14

Erick Erickson‏Verified account @EWErickson 49s50 seconds ago
More
If the President can stay off twitter for the next 24 hours, this speech will be agenda setting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:14

jon gabriel‏Verified account @exjon  1m1 minute ago
More
Dems are going to freak out about this speech because they know they lost a potion of their base tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:15

Frank Luntz‏Verified account @FrankLuntz 2m2 minutes ago
More
21 focus group members:

• 19 said Trump's speech was better than expected

• 9 are Clinton voters
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-28, 22:16

So the 2 guys From the right think the speech is great.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 22:21

InTenSity wrote:So the 2 guys From the right think the speech is great.

Amazing that once again words I never said are used, it's so much fun to try and have a discussion with people intent on making things up.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-02-28, 22:30

Well written speech but so many lofty promises that will never get fulfilled. Oh well, such is politics.

Interesting that Trump mentioned an infrastructure bill, Obama tried to pass such a bill repeatedly but the GOP blocked it from ever happening. I wonder if they'll pass an infrastructure bill now that a Republican President is in office? I mean everybody knows we need it but the GOP didn't want to give Obama credit for it. Makes sense that they would pass something similar now and reap the political rewards.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-28, 22:31

LooseGoose wrote:

Amazing that once again words I never said are used, it's so much fun to try and have a discussion with people intent on making things up.

Speaking of someone that made something up...

LooseGoose wrote:
Bah....I'm so invested in it all that I'm watching a food show about the UP tonight rather than Trump's speech.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:32

An ousted former politician is pushing the Dems side...LOL

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-02-28, 22:33; edited 2 times in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:32

AnomanderRake wrote:Well written speech but so many lofty promises that will never get fulfilled. Oh well, such is politics.

Interesting that Trump mentioned an infrastructure bill, Obama tried to pass such a bill repeatedly but the GOP blocked it from ever happening. I wonder if they'll pass an infrastructure bill now that a Republican President is in office? I mean everybody knows we need it but the GOP didn't want to give Obama credit for it. Makes sense that they would pass something similar now and reap the political rewards.

Of coursr
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:34

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote:
Bah....I'm so invested in it all that I'm watching a food show about the UP tonight rather than Trump's speech.

What did you disagree with that Trump said Nigel?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-02-28, 22:39

Did Trump take ownership of the botched Yemen raid? Or did he deflect yet again and blame Obama?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-28, 22:41

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Didn't watch.  Sorry.  I'm not that invested.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 22:47

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I've watched every one of these speeches since I was of voting age whether I voted for the guy or not. How can you have a political opinion without engaging in the political process? Odd.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-02-28, 22:51

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-speech-transcript-full-text/

Link to a transcript for those (like me) who missed it. I haven't read it yet, gotta go smoke a bowl first.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-28, 22:54

Trump is a fucking disaster and completely unfit to be President. If he goes unchecked this whole thing is going to end in some sort of a spectacular failure, hopefully in a fashion that doesn't put all of us and our children in danger. The sooner you "Team Right" people accept it the better it's going to be for your Team. The better it's probably going to be for all of us. It is baffling to me that otherwise rational humans are grasping at straws and trying to pretend this guy spews any kind of coherent common sense. Sad!

Didn't watch speech and get it off my twitter feed. Sick of being reminded of the inevitable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-28, 22:58

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I've watched every one of these speeches since I was of voting age whether I voted for the guy or not. How can you have a political opinion without engaging in the political process? Odd.

Went to the gym and then a basketball practice. Not sure that listening to tonight's speech equals engaging in the political process, nor would not listening to it exclude someone from having an opinion.

Seems like you're being a little presumptive in assuming I would disagree with something.

Didn't watch it. Sorry.

Was something earth shattering said that will change all of our lives?

Let me know.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-28, 23:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Trump is a fucking disaster and completely unfit to be President. If he goes unchecked this whole thing is going to end in some sort of a spectacular failure, hopefully in a fashion that doesn't put all of us and our children in danger. The sooner you "Team Right" people accept it the better it's going to be for your Team. The better it's probably going to be for all of us. It is baffling to me that otherwise rational humans are grasping at straws and trying to pretend this guy spews any kind of coherent common sense. Sad!

Didn't watch speech and get it off my twitter feed. Sick of being reminded of the inevitable.

tilt!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 23:04

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Went to the gym and then a basketball practice. Not sure that listening to tonight's speech equals engaging in the political process, nor would not listening to it exclude someone from having an opinion.

Seems like you're being a little presumptive in assuming I would disagree with something.

Didn't watch it. Sorry.

Was something earth shattering said that will change all of our lives?

Let me know.

Hopefully you recorded it. So listening to the newly elected POTUS in his first speech to Congress isn't important? Interesting
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 23:05

AnomanderRake wrote:Well written speech but so many lofty promises that will never get fulfilled. Oh well, such is politics.

What????? The Stimulus was SUPPOSED to be for shovel ready infrastructure. $831 BILLION that didnt get spent as represented. And BTW the Dems controlled Congress when it was written and passed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 23:07

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LooseGoose wrote:

More of your stupid fuckery.....Read post #4 above. I stated there that I did end up watching most of it. That was in direct reference to the post you're quoting. The eats episode turned out to be pretty boring. Sorry that I changed my mind and offended your sensibilities. Do I need to post a list of my planned viewing each night for you to reference?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 23:08

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Watch his posts here, his opinions are clear enough and they sure as hell aren't neutral.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-28, 23:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Trump is a fucking disaster and completely unfit to be President. If he goes unchecked this whole thing is going to end in some sort of a spectacular failure, hopefully in a fashion that doesn't put all of us and our children in danger. The sooner you "Team Right" people accept it the better it's going to be for your Team. The better it's probably going to be for all of us. It is baffling to me that otherwise rational humans are grasping at straws and trying to pretend this guy spews any kind of coherent common sense. Sad!

lol, good to see another open mind on this.

It was a good speech - christ even Van Jones and other Dems are acknowledging that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 23:10

You didnt watch the speech but you've got a comment on it? Come on. I actually watched it. I thought it was good. Do I think the BS he's said he'd do will get done? Of course that's a long shot. Washington is broken we can all agree on that. Hard to argue with the words though. IMO

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-02-28, 23:11; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-28, 23:11

I'll get the gist of it from the news. All these things are just cheerleader type things I watched obamas first because it was historic. I didn't watch others I watched Bush after 911 I have to think most of us did. But I'm not a guy who watches many of these. I'll get the sound bites.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-28, 23:12

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, good to see another open mind on this.

It was a good speech - christ even Van Jones and other Dems are acknowledging that.

trump gave a shout out to gay black dudes? wow. impressive
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-28, 23:14

DWags wrote:I'll get the gist of it from the news. All these things are just cheerleader type things I watched obamas first because it was historic. I didn't watch others I watched Bush after 911 I have to think most of us did. But I'm not a guy who watches many of these. I'll get the sound bites.

Watch in real time and make your own opinion. Come on DWags
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-02-28, 23:18

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

More of your stupid fuckery.....Read post #4 above. I stated there that I did end up watching most of it. That was in direct reference to the post you're quoting. The eats episode turned out to be pretty boring. Sorry that I changed my mind and offended your sensibilities. Do I need to post a list of my planned viewing each night for you to reference?

Watch what you want to. Saying you're not invested is kind of a stretch though, especially given that you did watch the speech and are quoting a bunch of things off twitter.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next