Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread Empty The Official Great American Eclipse Thread

Post by Guest 2016-08-20, 14:39

One Year From Now, America Will See Its First Total Solar Eclipse Since 1979

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread Landscape-1471626051-solar-eclipse-1999-4-nr

It's already being called the Great American Eclipse, and it's coming on August 21, 2017. For the first time in 38 years, the shadow of a total solar eclipse will cross the lower 48 of the United States.

If you have seen a partial solar eclipse and think there is no reason to see a total one, think again. In a partial eclipse, you must use those little cardboard pinhole viewers to see the sun's disk projected onto a piece of paper so as not to hurt your eyes. It's very cool, but not the transformative experience of a total eclipse, when the apparent diameter of the moon is larger than that of the sun and blocks all direct sunlight. Day turns to night, birds go silent, and you can stare directly at the moon with the sun behind it without any eye protection. (You still have to be careful though! Cover your eyes before the sun re-emerges. Here's a complete guide to eclipse eye safety from NASA.)

A hush falls upon the land as the natural world reacts to the sudden change, and great red whips of fire erupting from the sun can be seen around the disk of the moon. Photos, even the incredible one above taken by Luc Viatour, just cannot do it justice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread Empty Re: The Official Great American Eclipse Thread

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 14:51

Is this a "we gone" scenario? Do I need to get the bunker finished?

Is this something I should consider when voting? Who is a better end days candidate? Does it matter?

Will you deliver pie to my bunker?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread Empty Re: The Official Great American Eclipse Thread

Post by Guest 2016-08-20, 14:58

Turtleneck wrote:Is this a "we gone" scenario? Do I need to get the bunker finished?

Is this something I should consider when voting? Who is a better end days candidate? Does it matter?

Will you deliver pie to my bunker?

I don't think so, but members of the Swill will have more time to prepare than most.

I'm thinking Pence over Kaine since Hills and Trump both be out before November.   Really it doesn't matter, they're all a part of the same corrupt game.

Yes, I'll have the ATV fully gassed.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2016-08-20, 15:02; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-08-20, 14:59

Is a "I blame Obama" needed for this?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 15:02

BleacherSwill wrote:Is a "I blame Obama" needed for this?

It is easier to blame him for everything and not ask questions.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-20, 15:03

Turtleneck wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:Is a "I blame Obama" needed for this?

It really does suck that we won't have that option in 6 months. But then again 10 years later Bush is still being blamed so maybe there's hope.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-20, 15:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It really does suck that we won't have that option in 6 months. But then again 10 years later Bush is still being blamed so maybe there's hope.

Thanks, Obama will never get old.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-08-20, 15:59

Remember sitting in the cafeteria at Wilson for the last one which, like this one, was not total in Michigan.

The Official Great American Eclipse Thread Fophqi10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-20, 16:09

This report is erroneous. America will be eclipsed by nothing and no one! Ever!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-22, 16:04

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 23m23 minutes ago
Countdown begins for the 'Great American Eclipse' of 2017 http://fxn.ws/2bOC2Gv via @fxnscitech
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down