Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing. Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez

+3
BleacherSwill
Nordic
DWags
7 posters

Go down

New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing.  Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez Empty New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing. Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez

Post by DWags Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 1:01

All southbound Harrison Road traffic traveling north of Kalamazoo Street will be directed to travel westbound in the one-way traffic lanes on Kalamazoo Street. CATA buses and emergency vehicles will be the exception.

All traffic coming out of the new campus parking ramp (where the old Michigan State Police Headquarters used to be located across from the Breslin Center) will be directed onto southbound Harrison Road. Northbound traffic will not be permitted at the ramp after the games.

The East Lansing Police Department anticipates longer than usual wait times for traffic to clear on Harrison Road, Trowbridge Road and Kalamazoo Street after the games. The first home football game is Friday, Sept. 2 at 7 p.m.

Here's a plan they spent a year thinking about to slow down traffic leaving the game. I just don't trust East Lansing city planning.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing.  Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez Empty Re: New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing. Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez

Post by Nordic Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 9:38

I hate pre and post game traffic flow as much as the next guy. But this seems to make sense to me. Letting all traffic flow South past Kalamazoo will lead to gridlock with the new ramp. And you can't have that ramp traffic trying to cross traffic to head north.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing.  Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez Empty Re: New traffic plan for post game exit of East Lansing. Be advised: if you're going to park in the new lot east of Brez

Post by BleacherSwill Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 10:34

Really, you don't trust them? What traffic simulations and planning analysis did you do to address the delays?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:12

I usually just walk home..

of course, I haven't been to a game in, like.. 3-4 years?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I usually just walk home..

Or 6 months. Spring game counts.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:17

The plan makes sense to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:23

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I usually just walk home..

Or 6 months. Spring game counts.
oh yeah.. forgot about that.

since I left halfway through the 2nd quarter, foot traffic wasn't too concerning.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:26

Plan checks out guys. Crunched the numbers.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Plan checks out guys. Crunched the numbers.
+1
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down