Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure?

+2
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
6 posters

Go down

Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure? Empty Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure?

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:03 pm

At the newly renovated home of the Dolphins, they've partnered with Uber to launch Uber tailgating. At first, I thought it was just another public tailgate run by the Dolphins where Uber drops you off. Nope, instead they give you supplies for your own individual tailgate. Price starts at $250 per game (can obviously share among a group), and you get an Uber ride to and from the game, a 10x10 tent, grill, table, and cooler of ice. You then bring your own food/drinks or you can purchase them there from an on-site store. The price for the tailgate will be higher for more important games (in other words, the more popular the game, the more they'll gouge you).

My first thought was that it's kind of pointless for that money when you can just take your own stuff. But a lot of people might only go to an occasional game, or want to get a group together without taking on the personal responsibility of bringing stuff. And for out of towners it could be really cool. The Hurricanes play there, too, and with college football you naturally get a lot more visiting fans traveling in for games than in the NFL. Good idea if you're flying in for bowl games, too, though I'm sure they'll really jack the price up for the Orange Bowl. Of course, if MSU were in the Orange Bowl, you all have us locals to throw an epic board tailgate.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/miami-dolphins-and-hard-rock-stadium-launch-uber-tailgate-8732061
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure? Empty Re: Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure? DSCN0094

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure? Empty Re: Uber Tailgating - New Trend or Future Failure?

Post by P Rob Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Hey Bob, did you show up to this tailgate?

P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:23 pm

P Rob wrote:Hey Bob, did you show up to this tailgate?

He's the guy in the middle.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:23 pm

P Rob wrote:Hey Bob, did you show up to this tailgate?

no.. I've never actually attended an RCMB tailgate.. or any real MSU-themed tailgate party, as I recall. I may have, I don't know.

I have ran by a few early on a Saturday morning.. walked by a handful more.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:25 pm

That's a good idea.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Hey Miami. Are you going to any games this year? I might be going to the U's home opener against powerhouse FAMU. I'll also probably make it to at least one Dolphins game, and if this year is like last year, a couple of U games.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:25 pm

InTenSity wrote:Hey Miami. Are you going to any games this year? I might be going to the U's home opener against powerhouse FAMU. I'll also probably make it to at least one Dolphins game, and if this year is like last year, a couple of U games.
Not sure, but I'd like to check out the renovations. I haven't been to any events there since before the first round of renovations were done prior to last year. Since we don't play this Saturday or next Saturday, I was thinking about going to one of those, but I haven't yet discussed with the Wife to know if we have plans.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:59 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Hey Miami. Are you going to any games this year? I might be going to the U's home opener against powerhouse FAMU. I'll also probably make it to at least one Dolphins game, and if this year is like last year, a couple of U games.
Not sure, but I'd like to check out the renovations. I haven't been to any events there since before the first round of renovations were done prior to last year. Since we don't play this Saturday or next Saturday, I was thinking about going to one of those, but I haven't yet discussed with the Wife to know if we have plans.

I'll know, probably by tomorrow if I'm going to the game this weekend. If you end up going, lemme know, so you can come hang out with us. Last time we just drank, I forget if someone brought a grill or not. We'd have something there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:52 pm

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'll know, probably by tomorrow if I'm going to the game this weekend. If you end up going, lemme know, so you can come hang out with us. Last time we just drank, I forget if someone brought a grill or not. We'd have something there.
Sounds good. I'll let you know if I go.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down