Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting my first root canal tomorrow..

+7
Gomer
The Pantry
Chitown_Badger
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Albert_Potato
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. Empty Getting my first root canal tomorrow..

Post by Albert_Potato Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:14

How much is this going to suck?
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. Empty Re: Getting my first root canal tomorrow..

Post by DWags Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:15

Albert_Potato wrote:How much is this going to suck?

Remember the time you were in prison and got butt f ucked for the first time by 3 guys?

Yeah, you'll wish you were back getting butt f ucked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. Empty Re: Getting my first root canal tomorrow..

Post by Albert_Potato Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:19

DWags wrote:

Remember the time you were in prison and got butt f ucked for the first time by 3 guys?  

Yeah, you'll wish you were back getting butt f ucked.

Great, I figured dental science had advanced enough that this would be no big deal. I better get some good pain meds.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:27

Its no big deal.

Assuming you survive.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:32

The root canal is nothing. You might wind up missing a kidney, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Wed 21 May 2014 - 18:56

I had a double root canal. I fell asleep in the chair because I had my eyes closed (didn't want to see anything) and just nodded off.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 20:16

Is the tooth causing pain or has it only been pronounced "dead" by your dentist?  

If the latter, I suggest postponing the procedure and reading this book first

Root Canal Cover-Up

If the prior, I suggest having it extracted...then read the book.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed 21 May 2014 - 20:30

The Pantry wrote:
Is the tooth causing pain or has it only been pronounced "dead" by your dentist?  

Root Canal Cover-Up

Make sure to read the points of view in the one star reviews... And keep in mind this poster likes cow poop in his milk  affraid 
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed 21 May 2014 - 20:35

It is not a painful procedure. You'll be numb as ****. It will smell bad and your mouth will feel like shit from getting skull raped with all the dental equipment but that's about it.

Take 4 Advil when done for inflammation and rinse with strong warm saltwater solution to knock down any swelling and you'll feel fine.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato Wed 21 May 2014 - 21:15

Tooth is dead and now causing pain. I'll trust my dentist on this one and have a couple extra bourbons with the Advil.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth Wed 21 May 2014 - 21:26

You gone.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 21:40

Gomer wrote:
Make sure to read the points of view in the one star reviews... And keep in mind this poster likes cow poop in his milk  affraid 
 Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 1494614055 Your tunnel-visioned, politically-correct idea of restricting what should be available to consumers always cracks me up. Bet you'd have been one of the guys screaming at Columbus that the World was flat.

At least Meinig had the guts to admit his initial thoughts as one of the founders of the American Association of Endontists were, in fact, wrong
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:01

The Pantry wrote:
 Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 1494614055 Your tunnel-visioned, politically-correct idea of restricting what should be available to consumers always cracks me up.  Bet you'd have been one of the guys screaming at Columbus that the World was flat.

At least Meinig had the guts to admit his initial thoughts as one of the founders of the American Association of Endontists were, in fact, wrong
Just pointing out that you're referencing a 20 year old book by someone who wasn't even trained in the subject, based on research done in the twenties, the nineteen-twenties.
George Meinig is reverently discussed as a founding member of the American Association of Endodontists, and theoretically has significant clout. However, George Meinig was never trained as an endodontist! That's correct. The specialty of endodontics did not exist until it was recognized by the American Dental Association in 1964. Prior to this time, root canal therapy was scarcely taught at many schools, and our knowledge base was so limited. Any information communicated to others was from general dentists. Recognition of significant additional research and understanding lead to the notion of establishing a specialty dealing specifically with root canal therapy.

The genesis of the American Association of Endodontists was nothing more than a meeting of general dentists whom were interested in root canal therapy. It in no way was exclusive, let alone confirmed those in attendance were good practitioners let alone knowledgeable. George Meinig may have been an early member, but this does not mean anything! The quality of root canal treatment he shows in his book, "Root Canal Cover-up" is quite poor! It's amazing a single tooth ever was successful. Not to be overly critical of Dr. Meinig, but root canal treatment was still in its infancy especially as shown in his work. His fallacy is judging ALL treatment based upon what he witnessed and produced. Incidentally, he even does show some quality endodontics in his book and remarks if root canals were performed like this, he would have no problem with them. Well, they are performed well routinely by qualified and well-trained clinicians, just perhaps not by you or your colleagues whose cases are shown in your book! Don't universally spout that the treatment does not work and use that broad of a brush, when the truth is much more nuanced.

Dentist George Meinig's 1994 book Root Canal Cover-Up Exposed, discussing researches of Rosenow and of Price, provoked some dentistry scholars' fears that patients would lend new credence to these works deemed already evaluated and disproved by the 1940s.

Still, even by 2010, "the potential association between systemic health and root canal therapy has been strongly disputed by dental governing bodies and there remains little evidence to substantiate the claims".

The predominant view is that shunning endodonthic therapy or routinely extracting endodontically treated teeth to treat or prevent systemic diseases remains unscientific and misguided.

I think what I’d like to share with you is don’t get into arguments with these people because these people are health nuts and there’s nothing wrong with being a health nut… It’s just that we have to shepherd our zeal for health and it’s got to be balanced, I think, against common sense and scientific evidence.  So, much of the evidence that Mercola quotes is so anecdotal.  It is so ridiculous; it doesn’t even meet the scientific smell test.  

As examples, he says that he did autopsy of several thousand people that died of all these medical diseases and he found out that it was flabbergasting to realize that many of these people had root canals.  I don’t know how you can possibly make a connection between morbidity and a person that had a root canal in their head any more than you can say,  “Did they smoke?  Did they drive a car?  Did they have high blood pressure?”  So, that, in and of itself, is ridiculous.  I think people died before endodontics and I don’t think post-mortems revealed that there was a massive amount of endodontics in these patients that were deceased.  I mean, we found a few people with endodontics in the tombs of the great pharaohs, but it wasn’t a procedure that was done across the board.  Yet, from what I can tell, everybody dies at some point and has historically, even before modern endodontics took off around World War II.

The other thing… If you look at the research, especially by Meinig, who quotes Weston – Get the connection?  Meinig quotes Weston.  Most of the research was done before 1920.  Can you imagine how endodontics was performed prior to 1920?  No rubber dams, no sodium hypochlorite, no radiographs.  In the book that I actually purchased so that I could get a little better handle on what was being disseminated, they show all these cases, meaning radiographic images of cases, that are only have a pulpotomy.  Many of them are filled to mid-root.  Many of them are filled 3 or 4mm short.  There are countless missed canals.  There are posts out the sides of roots.  My point is… It’s a wonder that any of those cases worked.

http://www.endoruddle.com/blogs/show/18/quack-watch-keeping-your-patients-informed

Again, OP, he likes poop in his milk. If the two of you are kindred spirits, you can commiserate whilst gumming down some oatmeal with a glass of poop milk.

Last edited by Gomer on Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:44; edited 1 time in total
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:14

Well this went to Wells fast...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:20

The Pantry wrote:

Root Canal Cover-Up

Seeing how this is associated with Weston A. Price, my bullshit meter is registering 11.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:25

Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 502811600  You're over the top PC.

Please, shoot down Pottenger's cats next  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:27

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Seeing how this is associated with Weston A. Price, my bullshit meter is registering 11.
Your bullshit meter should be off the charts listening to anything your doctor or dentist say...$$$$
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:41

The Pantry wrote:Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 502811600  You're over the top PC.

Please, shoot down Pottenger's cats next  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 276803595    

The most likely explanation for the results in Pottenger's feline experiment is that the "raw" diet was adequate in taurine, a (now) well-known essential nutrient in cats (but not humans).

Interesting that the raw milk community trumpets the results of experiments on adrenalectomized kitties.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:49

The Pantry wrote:
Your bullshit meter should be off the charts listening to anything your doctor or dentist say...$$$$

No - my bullshit meter goes off because Price's methodology and interpretations don't hold up to scrutiny of the food and nutrition science communities.

I also am peeved when little kids get sick drinking raw milk for "health" reasons, when we know statistically that people are approximately 150x more likely to contract foodborne illness from raw milk compared to pasteurized milk.

And no, I'm not suggesting that raw milk is intrinsically dangerous, I just know from experience and the scientific literature that many people who collect raw milk manage to eff it up and bring microbial pathogens along for the ride, and those pathogens cause a hell of a lot of illness in raw milk consumers.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 21 May 2014 - 22:52

By the way, the root canal is a piece of cake. I shattered my jaw many moons ago and unfortunately have ample experience in this regard.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:02

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

No - my bullshit meter goes off because Price's methodology and interpretations don't hold up to scrutiny of the food and nutrition science communities.

I also am peeved when little kids get sick drinking raw milk for "health" reasons, when we know statistically that people are approximately 150x more likely to contract foodborne illness from raw milk compared to pasteurized milk.

And no, I'm not suggesting that raw milk is intrinsically dangerous, I just know from experience and the scientific literature that many people who collect raw milk manage to eff it up and bring microbial pathogens along for the ride, and those pathogens cause a hell of a lot of illness in raw milk consumers.
Exactly.... I'm all for freedom of choice.

If people want to eat cow shit because it makes 'em super strong, more power to them.  But if they feed it to their kids, neighbor's kids, random kids, whatever; and any of them get sick or dead; they should be held criminally liable and prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.

And if people want to sell food with cow shit in it, then it ought to say in big bold letters:

CONTAINS COW SHIT.  COW SHIT IS NOT IN ANY WAY GOOD FOR YOU.  IN FACT, IT'S A PRETTY BAD IDEA TO EAT COW SHIT!
Please enjoy this finest hemp yogurt we made in the bathtub last night.

And if people want to read a twenty year old book based on hundred year old research... and then tell someone that based on their expertise they should forgo a benign, standard dental procedure and instead just have the tooth yanked out of their face leaving a gaping hole in its place... well then they can expect to have some other people chose to tell the OP it's a load of bullshit.  The same kind that said poster likes in his milkshake (I'm sure I can rustle up some internet studies on the curative properties of Angus semen if you want).
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:04

Gomer wrote:
Exactly.... I'm all for freedom of choice.

If people want to eat cow shit because it makes 'em super strong, more power to them.  But if they feed it to their kids, neighbor's kids, random kids, whatever; and any of them get sick or dead; they should be held criminally liable and prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.

And if people want to sell food with cow shit in it, then it ought to say in big bold letters:

CONTAINS COW SHIT.  COW SHIT IS NOT IN ANY WAY GOOD FOR YOU.  IN FACT, IT'S A PRETTY BAD IDEA TO EAT COW SHIT!
Please enjoy this finest hemp yogurt we made in the bathtub last night.

And if people want to read a twenty year old book based on hundred year old research... and then tell someone that based on their expertise they should forgo a benign, standard dental procedure and instead just have the tooth yanked out of their face leaving a gaping hole in its place... well then they can expect to have some other people chose to tell the OP it's a load of bullshit.  The same kind that said poster likes in his milkshake (I'm sure I can rustle up some internet studies on the curative properties of Angus semen if you want).
 Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:36

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Think whatever you want. Price and Pottenger researched in the days before food was exploited by industry. Their quality research gets shot down all the time in the mega-money processed food industry.

Poor saps like you and Gomer help big food get bigger, with less nutritional value.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:39

The Pantry wrote:
Think whatever you want.  Price and Pottenger researched in the days before food was exploited by industry.  Their quality research gets shot down all the time in the mega-money processed food industry.  

Poor saps like you and Gomer help big food get bigger, with less nutritional value.
 Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 4113017228 I'm as much anti-"Big Food" as I am anti eating cow shit  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 2599972566 
Very pro-science though.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Wed 21 May 2014 - 23:54

The Pantry wrote:
Think whatever you want.  Price and Pottenger researched in the days before food was exploited by industry.  Their quality research gets shot down all the time in the mega-money processed food industry.  

This has nothing to do with big food. Price's research methodology was poor and his interpretations biased. Pottenger was on to something but didn't understand what. His observations are relatively easily explained by research conducted at least 30 years ago.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 22 May 2014 - 0:10

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

This has nothing to do with big food.  Price's research methodology was poor and his interpretations biased.  Pottenger was on to something but didn't understand what.  His observations are relatively easily explained by research conducted at least 30 years ago.
Please, explain why Price's methodology was flawed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato Thu 22 May 2014 - 0:30

I like this new board.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zapp Brannigan Thu 22 May 2014 - 0:42

The Pantry wrote:
Please, explain why Price's methodology was flawed.

His conclusions were based on cross-cultural observational studies. He was not blinded to the "treatments" he was studying and certainly was not an unbiased observer. At best, these types of studies are hypothesis generating in nature. However, they really are only looking at associations and are not able to demonstrate any causality.

That type of observational research was common in the past and other researchers derived equally grandiose hypotheses based on such methods (e.g. the "fiber" hypothesis of Burkitt and Trowell). These studies are exceptionally prone to observational bias and other shortcomings and simply cannot be trusted.
Zapp Brannigan
Zapp Brannigan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 22 May 2014 - 1:55

So, can someone summarize... So I need to have the root canaled teeth ripped out of my head?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 22 May 2014 - 2:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So, can someone summarize... So I need to have the root canaled teeth ripped out of my head?
only if you're pro consumption of cow shit laced dairy products.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwrinkle Thu 22 May 2014 - 8:10

I've had a couple done and they are no big deal. They numb you up and it's not that much different than having a filling or crown put in, just takes a bit longer. The pain was nowhere near as great as the pain I had before the procedure.
bullwrinkle
bullwrinkle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato Thu 22 May 2014 - 10:22

In the chair. Numb lip.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:06

Albert_Potato wrote:In the chair. Numb lip.

So basically, your avatar is a spot on picture of you right now?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:23

Yep. Not bad while he was working on it. No pain but it was't pleasant. Local anesthetic wearing off now but I have Vicodin if needed.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:24

Albert_Potato wrote:Yep. Not bad while he was working on it. No pain but it was't pleasant. Local anesthetic wearing off now but I have Vicodin if needed.

I dont think I got any vicodin when I had a root canal. WTF?

By the way, if the pain is really bad, stick the pill up your butt, or crush it and snort it. Much quicker relief that way.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:25

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I dont think I got any vicodin when I had a root canal. WTF?

By the way, if the pain is really bad, stick the pill up your butt, or crush it and snort it. Much quicker relief that way.

This was a joke. Doing that could kill you.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert_Potato Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:35

16 pills. There has to be a market for that.
Albert_Potato
Albert_Potato
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Thu 22 May 2014 - 19:22

Albert_Potato wrote:16 pills. There has to be a market for that.
Yikes. Sounds like he screwed something up. You shoulda listened to poop milk guy  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 2599972566 
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 22 May 2014 - 22:49

Gomer wrote:
Yikes. Sounds like he screwed something up. You shoulda listened to poop milk guy  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 2599972566 
  What about the poop, puss, growth hormones, and antibiotics in almost all pasteurized milk?  Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 506486848 

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Fri 23 May 2014 - 0:15

The Pantry wrote:
  What about the poop, puss, growth hormones, and antibiotics in almost all pasteurized milk?   Getting my first root canal tomorrow.. 506486848 

Your milk is like dendro giving someone a rimjob right after they took a shit without wiping (AKA a Willy Wonka).

Pasteurized milk is like dendro rimming out a freshly washed butthole that has been swabbed with alcohol and spritzed with lime juice.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next