Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them.

+11
Giant Moose
Chitown_Badger
Wizard Sleeve
Brock Middlebrook
goodbar
Two Star At Best
Clarett's Folly
Fat Guy on Couch
Nommad2
xsanguine
WBill
15 posters

Go down

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. Empty So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them.

Post by WBill Thu 22 May 2014 - 7:36

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.covers&catid=2&year=2014

I guess we see who buys magazines.

Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, ND, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa get players featured on one cover or more.

Edit, A small insert of Cook is up in the corner of Region 9, but not mentioned in the description.

Last edited by WBill on Thu 22 May 2014 - 7:42; edited 1 time in total
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. Empty Re: So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them.

Post by xsanguine Thu 22 May 2014 - 7:40

WBill wrote:https://www.streetandsmiths.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.covers&catid=2&year=2014

I guess we see who buys magazines.

Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, ND, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa get players featured on one cover or more.

Don't worry, someday we'll get our break, too. Just gotta keep our eyes open...

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. Dumb_and_dumber_too
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. Empty Re: So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them.

Post by Nommad2 Thu 22 May 2014 - 10:33

So don't fucking buy them. Simple.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fat Guy on Couch Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:00

So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 2809484752 

In all seriousness, I don't think I;ve purchased a Street & Smith product since the mid 90s.
Fat Guy on Couch
Fat Guy on Couch
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:25

Fat Guy on Couch wrote:So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 2809484752 

In all seriousness, I don't think I;ve purchased a Street & Smith product since the mid 90s.

Yep. It's Phil Steele or nothing.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:32

haha region 9 inset... Devin Gardner?
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:34

Two Star At Best wrote:haha region 9 inset... Devin Gardner?

The latest of the September Heisman winners who may be riding the bench by November.

Last edited by WBill on Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:35

Fat Guy on Couch wrote:So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 2809484752 

truef.  I think the first and last time I ever purchased a season preview mag was an '88 MSU Rose Bowl Review / '88 Season Preview.  and that was just so I could rip out the Andre Rison page to make it my trapper keeper cover So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 502811600 

rode my bike up to the Ben Franklin and threw down the coins for that bad lad like a boss.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:41

goodbar wrote:

truef.  I think the first and last time I ever purchased a season preview mag was an '88 MSU Rose Bowl Review / '88 Season Preview.  and that was just so I could rip out the Andre Rison page to make it my trapper keeper cover So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 502811600 

rode my bike up to the Ben Franklin and threw down the coins for that bad lad like a boss.

I'm flattered dog So Street & Smith has 16 regional covers....and MSU is on none of them. 55953254

Last edited by Brock Middlebrook on Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Star At Best Thu 22 May 2014 - 11:43

They must use pretty simple metrics to gauge sales. Though numerically smaller, our fanbase is ripe and primed to buy anything MSU football right now. I think the Rose Bowl ratings are a good hint they missed out on...
Two Star At Best
Two Star At Best
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sleeve Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:26

Am I the only one that doesn't even know what Street and Smith is?
Wizard Sleeve
Wizard Sleeve
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Thu 22 May 2014 - 12:37

Wizard Sleeve wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't even know what Street and Smith is?

They are to recruiting news what Commodore is to computers.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Thu 22 May 2014 - 13:37

WBill wrote:

The latest of the September Heisman winners who may be riding the bench by November.

I've got a $40 bet with a buddy who went to Michigan on where Gardner will go in the draft. He gets round 1 and 2, I get 3 through undrafted. I like my chances.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 22 May 2014 - 13:39

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I've got a $40 bet with a buddy who went to Michigan on where Gardner will go in the draft. He gets round 1 and 2, I get 3 through undrafted. I like my chances.
A whole $40? I bet you were willing to go higher, but typical scUM cheapass friend wouldn't.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Thu 22 May 2014 - 13:53

Giant Moose wrote:
A whole $40? I bet you were willing to go higher, but typical scUM cheapass friend wouldn't.

He actually does quite well...actually the entire group of scUM friends do well. It was just something to make it interesting.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS Thu 22 May 2014 - 18:14

good...that means we don't get a jinx. Sports Illustrated always provides a jinx to 63+ teams in their NCAA tourney edition mag.
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:18

So tB1G got 7 of the 16 covers?

edit: 6 plus ND?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RBW Spartan Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:54

I love the preseason magazines - getting capsules on all the teams is pretty helpful. Plus, it's something to kill time during baseball season.
RBW Spartan
RBW Spartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 23 May 2014 - 7:36

The magazine covers are all based on team popularity. As bad as ND football has been sometimes in the last 30 years I don't think there has been a year where they don't make some publication's cover. ND fans are good customers.

Iowa is a head scratcher since Nebraska has a much larger fan base.

Football has royalty. Don't forget MSU didn't get into the AP or USA Today Top 25 until week 10 of last season and were still ranked below umaa. Both had one loss and MSU had beaten umaa for the week 8 poll and still weren't rated. If Wisky doesn't crap the bed at home vs PSU in their last game and OSU prevails at Indy MSU was scheduled to be snubbed for a possible BCS slot. MSU football isn't considered royalty by marketers or reporters yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down