Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel?

3 posters

Go down

Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel? Empty Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel?

Post by Turtleneck Sun 25 Sep - 19:44

No, there is no rational explanation. Everything Cruz listed as a justification for voting for Trump — the Supreme Court, for example — was a concern in July. Trump, if anything, has become more accustomed to lying (e.g., accusing Hillary Clinton of starting the birther lie). It’s obvious to Trumpkins, #NeverTrump Republicans, the media, Democrats and every voter in Texas that Cruz simply lost his nerve, got concerned he would be accused of sinking Trump and couldn’t bear the estrangement for the Tea Party faction that largely supported him in the primary.

The reaction on his Facebook page ranged from horrified to furious. One person wrote, “What’s sad is you actually sound like the exact opposite person as you did in the debates, on the campaign trail, on convention night and the days since.”

Another said: “You have to be kidding me. What a sellout. I am ashamed to have supported you. By endorsing him you are endorsing everything he has said about you and so many others. What happened to, ‘I’m not in the habit of supporting people that attack my wife and my father’? You are endorsing his liberal policies and the destruction of the conservative portion of the Republic Party. You just lost a voter, Mr. Cruz. The last standing conservative has bent his knee to the liberals running this country into the ground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/09/25/cruz-slammed-2020-opponent-must-be-delighted/?utm_term=.a619e8e80f71
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel? Empty Re: Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep - 20:01

He seems to have migrated to the William F Buckley position. Vote for the most conservative person in the race that has a chance to win.

I understand the logic. Doesn't change that Trump is a puke of a person.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel? Empty Re: Loose, your boy Ted endorsed Donald. How does that make you feel?

Post by Turtleneck Sun 25 Sep - 20:08

Trump is not really a conservative and I do not understand the logic.

If Trump wins, he crashes hard (and takes us and maybe the world with him). Cruz just lost his big "I told you so" chip in the game.

He also looks weak. After the way Trump dragged his family into the race, I am surprised Cruz would give in and endorse Trump.

He should have held the "vote your conscious" line. His performance at the RNC was great.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep - 20:28

Turtleneck wrote:Trump is not really a conservative and I do not understand the logic.

If Trump wins, he crashes hard (and takes us and maybe the world with him). Cruz just lost his big "I told you so" chip in the game.

He also looks weak. After the way Trump dragged his family into the race, I am surprised Cruz would give in and endorse Trump.

He should have held the "vote your conscious" line. His performance at the RNC was great.

Trump is not conservative but he is more conservative than Hills. Thus the WFB logic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 25 Sep - 20:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Trump is not really a conservative and I do not understand the logic.

Trump is not conservative but he is more conservative than Hills.   Thus the WFB logic.

He is a complete threat to the limited government Cruz preaches. This sort of undermines Cruz's sincerity about limited government and a limited executive (but than sincerity was always more apparent than real anyways).

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sat 8 Oct - 14:11; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty Sun 25 Sep - 22:42

My guess: he thinks Trump has legitimate shot of winning.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 26 Sep - 10:39

Cruz, whose morality and ethical standards are well documented, probably sees Cheeto Hitler as his best opportunity to promote the christian version of Sharia Law.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 8 Oct - 14:11

Probably wishes he waited another couple of weeks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Oct - 16:47

Strange this thread....in every other thread Trump is "my boy".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 8 Oct - 17:30

Your first boy lost in the Republican primary. So you adopted the boy that won the Republican primary. But I am sure your true preference is for your first boy...but he is not currently a candidate for the presidency.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down