Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browns GM: Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin"

+7
Robert J Sakimano
Bizarro Fletch
Blanch32
Zeke4Heisman
Chitown_Badger
CrazySparty
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" Empty Browns GM: Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin"

Post by DWags 2014-05-22, 14:22

Yep.

Hoyer >>>>> Johnny Football
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" Empty Re: Browns GM: Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin"

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-22, 14:26

Hard for me to look at this as anything other than generic coach speak with the intention of managing Manziel's ego.

Hope Hoyer controls the starting gig all season, but if I'm supposed to believe he won't eventually be replaced just because Manziel, a rookie, had a few mediocre practices to start his NFL career, I find that comical.

CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" Empty Re: Browns GM: Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin"

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-05-22, 14:28

CrazySparty wrote:Hard for me to look at this as anything other than generic coach speak with the intention of managing Manziel's ego.

Hope Hoyer controls the starting gig all season, but if I'm supposed to believe he won't eventually be replaced just because Manziel, a rookie, had a few mediocre practices to start his NFL career, I find that comical.

Completely agree. It's motivational and its taking Johnny Eff down a few pegs.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeke4Heisman 2014-05-22, 14:31

I'll believe it when I see it. As CrazySparty said, this keeps Maziel in check, keeps the QB competition hot, and provides the illusion of progression to appease doubting fans when Manziel is inevitably named starter.
Zeke4Heisman
Zeke4Heisman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-22, 14:34

Between trcmb and here, I got to be the only poster who actually watch hoyer play last yr....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-22, 14:36

Blah blah blah. Over/under on games before Manziel takes the starting gig is 5.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-22, 14:41

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Blah blah blah. Over/under on games before Manziel takes the starting gig is 5.

I'm guessing after the Browns first loss, which ever number game that is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-05-22, 14:47

Hoyer will start.. give him 3 incomplete passes and/or 1 interception 'til the Dawg Pound starts booing and chanting for Johnny Cleveland..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-05-22, 14:49

I love the new gimmick, Bob.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-22, 14:49

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Blah blah blah. Over/under on games before Manziel takes the starting gig is 5.

Just like we balled on cook and went st8 to terry. :roll eyes:
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-05-22, 15:09

What does 'st8' stand for?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-05-22, 15:27

InTenSity wrote:What does 'st8' stand for?

Go st8?  Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" 2599972566 
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-05-22, 16:11

Blanch32 wrote:

Just like we balled on cook and went st8 to terry. :roll eyes:

Um, FYI, MSU did bench their QB that started the season in favor of a younger backup.... Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" 2743283739 
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-05-22, 16:35

Blanch32 wrote:Between trcmb and here,  I got to be the only poster who actually watch hoyer play last yr....

Uhhhhhh, congrats?  Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" 2599972566 
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-22, 16:37

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Um, FYI, MSU did bench their QB that started the season in favor of a younger backup.... Browns GM:  Hoyer tops Manziel by "substantial margin" 2743283739 

I totally forgot when laks explicited stated maxwell is our man last summer! :mono:
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-05-22, 17:11

Blanch32 wrote:Between trcmb and here,  I got to be the only poster who actually watch hoyer play last yr....

I was at the game he blew out his knee. Hope he has been practicing his sliding, 'cause that was the ugliest slide I've ever seen,
........and I coached little league.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GatorBill 2014-05-22, 17:47

I.B. Fine wrote:

I was at the game he blew out his knee. Hope he has been practicing his sliding, 'cause that was the ugliest slide I've ever seen,
........and I coached little league.

dude, my 6 year old (lilGatorCheech) has the sweetest slide.  TBall is much more interesting with him playing it.  He slides, spikes up, beside the bag, and reaches out and grabs it.  He is moving fast enough that when he grabs, it spins him around the back side of the bag.  He has learned that if he does this just right, he can pop back up on his feet and take off toward third.  Interesting lil Feller.

Last edited by GatorBill on 2014-05-22, 17:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspeeling)
GatorBill
GatorBill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down