Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5

+5
tGreenWay
DWags
SomeFanName
The_Dude
Vlad
9 posters

Go down

Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5 Empty Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 16:26

Can't be a good thing. All spring camp...fall camp...through the first four games...still can't figure out a rotation that works.

Not good...not good all all. And this time's it's not due to injuries, just lack of performance (talent?).
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5 Empty Re: Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-04, 16:36

MSUs 2012 and 2013 crootin classes both ranked in the 40s. The overall lack of talent in those classes is why our upper class linemen blow. It's also why the staff needs to put together a top 25 class in 2018 because the 2017 class sucks. When you have back to back bad classes you end up with years like this.

Also, Staten and Snyder both need to go. Staten was bad last year. He was bailed out on third downs by Cook.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5 Empty Re: Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5

Post by SomeFanName 2016-10-04, 16:41

I think it's mostly supporting cast/good backup guys that have to start this year, which shows in the lack of difference in play based on who's out there and where they are on the line. On a good line they can sub guys out and not be a liability but all together they just aren't that great. At the very least they're just incredibly inconsistent.

It would be interesting to see how they are in a game that they don't shoot themselves with freshman level holdings, could have a lot to do with the situations they put themselves in. It's certainly hurts the entire unit going against long down and distances.

Team needs to call more quick plays and we need to insert other guys into the Shelton role. No idea why he's seemingly the only one getting different looks, I know he's not as good as a receiver but still.

If we're going to give freshman playing time. It should mostly be our 4 wideouts getting easy plays to create with. Why hasn't Tristan got out there at all?

Last edited by SomeFanName on 2016-10-04, 16:45; edited 1 time in total
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-04, 16:42

Concern troll thread.

They have rotated OL every week of every year for at least 4-5 years. But now it's a "concern".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-04, 16:57

LooseGoose wrote:Concern troll thread.

They have rotated OL every week of every year for at least 4-5 years. But now it's a "concern".

Think real hard.

And no they haven't.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 16:58

You actually wonder if they really watch the game. Stories have been written about the MSU "rotation" in the past. Comparing it to an innovative defensive line coach.

These
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-04, 17:02

DWags wrote:

You actually wonder if they really watch the game. Stories have been written about the MSU "rotation" in the past. Comparing it to an innovative defensive line coach.

These

We are rotating because we start arguably the worst pair of offensive tackles in the big ten.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-04, 17:16

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

These

We are rotating because we start arguably the worst pair of offensive tackles in the big ten.

Let's see the stats of all the other starting tackles in the B1G compared with those of MSU. We need to see your work product to better understand how you came to make that declaration.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 17:33

The_Dude wrote:MSUs 2012 and 2013 crootin classes both ranked in the 40s. The overall lack of talent in those classes is why our upper class linemen blow. It's also why the staff needs to put together a top 25 class in 2018 because the 2017 class sucks. When you have back to back bad classes you end up with years like this.

Also, Staten and Snyder both need to go. Staten was bad last year. He was bailed out on third downs by Cook.

Oh, look! Something new!

The guy who doesn't follow recruiting is talking about recruiting rankings...again.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 17:39

Vlad wrote:Can't be a good thing. All spring camp...fall camp...through the first four games...still can't figure out a rotation that works.

Not good...not good all all. And this time's it's not due to injuries, just lack of performance (talent?).

Why can't it be a good thing?  

Say for example, they've figured out that Allen is better at Center?  Why can't that be a good thing?

And if Beedle struggled at LT against IU, why can't it be a good thing if a more experienced Kieler plays there?

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-10-04, 17:48; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 17:47

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

These

The SBers will never offer an honest answer to a difficult question. Why? Because the truth hurts them too much.

Yes, we all see the two-deeps before each game. We all know about that rotation. But this isn't THAT rotation. You know it too, but hey, we need something to argue about, right??

Are we gonna do this again this year? Hell yeah we are!!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-10-04, 17:52

#VladTheVag
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-04, 18:05

Troll season.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-04, 18:15

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The SBers will never offer an honest answer to a difficult question. Why? Because the truth hurts them too much.

Yes, we all see the two-deeps before each game. We all know about that rotation. But this isn't THAT rotation. You know it too, but hey, we need something to argue about, right??

I'm neither SB nor DE. I'm a realist and a pragmatist. I asked a legitimate question that the_douche has yet to answer. I didn't say he was wrong. I want to see the numbers on which he based his statement.
You, on the hand, are a simple-minded troll.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-04, 18:20

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Let's see the stats of all the other starting tackles in the B1G compared with those of MSU. We need to see your work product to better understand how you came to make that declaration.

Stats are for losers.

Sometimes you just need to watch players and teams play. MSU couldn't get a push vs Furman or IU, two pathetic front 7s. Couldn't run or pass block bs first above first mediocre D they played. I'd blindly trade our offensive tackles for anyone including Rutgers and Purdue.

No, I'm not doing a ton of research on it. Feel free to if you want.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 18:21

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Was my question too difficult for you?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 18:23

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Stats are for losers.

Sometimes you just need to watch players and teams play. MSU couldn't get a push vs Furman or IU, two pathetic front 7s. Couldn't run or pass block bs first above first mediocre D they played. I'd blindly trade our offensive tackles for anyone including Rutgers and Purdue.

Yeah...I'm shocked that a guy who thinks 5 > 6 would say stats are for losers. Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5 502811600

Weird how fast you abandoned that thread, eh?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-04, 18:25

The_Dude wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Stats are for losers.

So you make a blanket statement based on nothing. You're just the loser walvie troll everyone thought you were.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:21

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Your questions are usually too stupid for me, so I skip most of them. Seriously.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 19:23

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Still playing musical chairs with the OL heading into game 5 502811600

Two issues. One we rotate linemen. We have for some time now.
You and Dude don't understand that, and that's fine, your just a fan and that's great and Dude is a guy who is maybe not an MSU guy and lines to stir it up, and that's fine. It's my belief you two watch the game, comment on it, but don't really see it, and that's fine. It's all good

The other issue is the guys we're rotating. They aren't good. Nope, not good at all. If that's what you're trying to say, then it's not like we haven't seen the suck that's our offensive line. So, there it is. They'll get destroyed by Michigan and osu's front seven like we did them in 2013. Jim Harbaugh will indeed try to run it up. Buckle up, Dantonio has 26 days to figure something out. I hope he can.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-04, 19:25

I don't want to get blown out by Michigan wags.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:28

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:Can't be a good thing. All spring camp...fall camp...through the first four games...still can't figure out a rotation that works.

Say for example, they've figured out that Allen is better at Center?  Why can't that be a good thing?

And if Beedle struggled at LT against IU, why can't it be a good thing if a more experienced Kieler plays there?

OK since you insist, I'll answer this one. Why? Because they have tried it, and it hasn't worked. Keiler wasn't a great RT when he was only/mostly an RT. He certainly isn't going to become a great C or a great LT and his final year of eligibility.

This experimentation is going into the middle of the season for one simple reason – nothing is working.

But I will still say that a change of QB can work wonders in how the rest of the units perform. That's just the nature of that position, it can lift the entire team or drag the entire team down, as we will remember from four years ago .
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 19:28

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Your questions are usually too stupid for me, so I skip most of them. Seriously.

Do you think any undefeated teams will miss the playoff this year?

Seriously.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-10-04, 19:29

tGreenWay wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Stats are for losers.

So you make a blanket statement based on nothing. You're just the loser walvie troll everyone thought you were.

You've seen the team play, right?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-04, 19:32

Vlad wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

OK since you insist, I'll answer this one. Why? Because they have tried it, and it hasn't worked. Keiler wasn't a great RT when he was only/mostly an RT. He certainly isn't going to become a great C or a great LT and his final year of eligibility.

This experimentation is going into the middle of the season for one simple reason – nothing is working.

But I will still say that a change of QB can work wonders in how the rest of the units perform. That's just the nature of that position, it can lift the entire team or drag the entire team down, as we will remember from four years ago .

So, the coaches should stop trying to move guys around? Not following.

Is it OK to play musical chairs at WR? And start Corley?

And a change at QB can work wonders or drag the team down if no changes are made?

How do you know if a change can work wonders?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:33

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You and Dude don't understand that, and that's fine, your just a fan and that's great and Dude is a guy who is maybe not an MSU guy and lines to stir it up, and that's fine. It's my belief you two watch the game, comment on it, but don't really see it, and that's fine. It's all good

The other issue is the guys we're rotating. They aren't good. Nope, not good at all. If that's what you're trying to say, then it's not like we haven't seen the suck that's our offensive line. So, there it is. They'll get destroyed by Michigan and osu's front seven like we did them in 2013. Jim Harbaugh will indeed try to run it up. Buckle up, Dantonio has 26 days to figure something out. I hope he can.

See, we're doing this again Dwags! I knew we would. And I'll give you 50% on your post. The second paragraph was right, the first paragraph was wrong. We all can read the names and numbers on the jerseys, so yes, even we idiots could see the rotations. But this year ain't that, and you know it as well as I do. in fact, your second paragraph pretty much stated why were doing this - because there's a lack of talent.

As always, thank you for your support, as reluctantly as you may offer it
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:35

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

And a change at QB can work wonders or drag the team down if no changes are made?

That's a lot of stupid questions packed into one little post. Yes the coaches should stop experimenting. In fact, we should scrap the program.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 19:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't want to get blown out by Michigan wags.

Yeah, the wife and daughter are a couple of red asses too. The wife was beyond pissed Saturday. "Fucking Dantonio is lucky he's so hot, or I'd hate that fucker" was what she left me with at the cottage when she went to bed.

We're not playing well. I think we'll be pretty good in 18. Pretty decent in 17. It sucks, but that's the cycle.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 19:38

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

See, we're doing this again Dwags! I knew we would. And I'll give you 50% on your post. The second paragraph was right, the first paragraph was wrong. We all can read the names and numbers on the jerseys, so yes, even we idiots could see the rotations. But this year ain't that, and you know it as well as I do. in fact, your second paragraph pretty much stated why were doing this - because there's a lack of talent.

As always, thank you for your support, as reluctantly as you may offer it

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:39

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I don't want to get blown out by Michigan wags.

Yeah, the wife and daughter are a couple of red asses too. The wife was beyond pissed Saturday. "Fucking Dantonio is lucky he's so hot, or I'd hate that fucker" was what she left me with at the cottage when she went to bed.

We're not playing well. I think we'll be pretty good in 18. Pretty decent in 17. It sucks, but that's the cycle.

Your wife is a little potty mouth.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 19:41

NigelUno wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I'd like to change Machado for Conklins last year of eligibility. I'd love to have Clark for needle. I'd live Jack Allen changed up. I really would live to see us change Sweat and Evens attitude and ability to not smoke weed.

Hope and change.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 19:44

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Should have heard with Maxwell. "Why can't that fucker throw it to our guys like Cousins did?!? ". That was in the stands.

It's one of her endearing qualities.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:49

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Should have heard with Maxwell. "Why can't that fucker throw it to our guys like Cousins did?!? ". That was in the stands.

Yes, very endearing. Does she use such language with the chew in her mouth, or does she spit it out first?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 19:58

And the 2017 class does pretty much suck right now. Where's the beef??

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-10-04, 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 20:00

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes, very endearing. Does she use such language with the chew in her mouth, or does she spit it out first?

She'll smoke the occasional Cuban if I get a hold of one, but no chew.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-10-04, 20:05

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Grrr, sexy!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-04, 20:15

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Grrr, sexy!

Like you wouldn't believe
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-04, 20:22

Dantonio to LSU
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-10-04, 22:54

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

You live in Texas, right? You're really not above talking about others dipping and such.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down