Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year....

+3
Watch Out Pylon!
pulling69
tTy
7 posters

Go down

So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year.... Empty So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year....

Post by tTy 2016-10-05, 00:33

bounce confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year.... Empty Re: So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year....

Post by pulling69 2016-10-05, 02:17

Fuck that shit
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year.... Empty Re: So, Brad Ausmus is back for next year....

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-05, 08:37

Matt Millen 2.0.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-05, 08:38

Yay. Saved me 100's for next summer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-05, 08:41

I really like the way Verlander handles Asmus when it's time to make a pitching change. That's hard to find in a manager these days....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-05, 08:49

Don't understand the vociferous anti Ausmus crowd. I guess just a figurehead to pin your frustrations on. I'd say he did pretty well with a flawed and tattered roster this year. Yes, maybe he's too by the books when it comes to managing the bullpen (which, ironically, I saw all over Twitter last night how Showalter could manage circles around Brad, and then Buck refused to bring Britton in in a non save situation and is being crucified this morning). But if you think the way he manages the bullpen was the difference between finishing 1 game out of the WC and winning the Central with that roster you are kidding yourself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-05, 09:03

tTy wrote:bounce confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

I'm out. I hope they go 42-120.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-05, 09:05

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't understand the vociferous anti Ausmus crowd. I guess just a figurehead to pin your frustrations on. I'd say he did pretty well with a flawed and tattered roster this year. Yes, maybe he's too by the books when it comes to managing the bullpen (which, ironically, I saw all over Twitter last night how Showalter could manage circles around Brad, and then Buck refused to bring Britton in in a non save situation and is being crucified this morning). But if you think the way he manages the bullpen was the difference between finishing 1 game out of the WC and winning the Central with that roster you are kidding yourself.

My issue is less about how he handles the bullpen and the fact that at $200 million in payroll they didn't make the playoffs. I guess I could blame the GM but they fired one of those last year. I guess I could blame the 25 players on the active roster, but you can't fire them all. And I guess I could blame the owner but why do that when he is willing to spend $200 million in payroll?

Ausmus had a shot. They've under performed every year under him. Bringing him back is the very definition of insanity.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-05, 09:15

The reason Asmus has a job next year is Dave Dombrowski.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-05, 09:16

TheReal_LWS wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't understand the vociferous anti Ausmus crowd. I guess just a figurehead to pin your frustrations on. I'd say he did pretty well with a flawed and tattered roster this year. Yes, maybe he's too by the books when it comes to managing the bullpen (which, ironically, I saw all over Twitter last night how Showalter could manage circles around Brad, and then Buck refused to bring Britton in in a non save situation and is being crucified this morning). But if you think the way he manages the bullpen was the difference between finishing 1 game out of the WC and winning the Central with that roster you are kidding yourself.

My issue is less about how he handles the bullpen and the fact that at $200 million in payroll they didn't make the playoffs. I guess I could blame the GM but they fired one of those last year. I guess I could blame the 25 players on the active roster, but you can't fire them all. And I guess I could blame the owner but why do that when he is willing to spend $200 million in payroll?

Ausmus had a shot. They've under performed every year under him. Bringing him back is the very definition of insanity.

Say I am starting a new message board. I decide that in order to drive traffic I am going to pay some people to post content on that board. I dole out $200 million to The Dude, Bob, Giant Moose and blanch to post on my board. I hire Travis to moderate the board. When the board inevitably goes under - it's Travis' fault? Or should maybe I have spent that money a little bit smarter?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-05, 09:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Say I am starting a new message board. I decide that in order to drive traffic I am going to pay some people to post content on that board. I dole out $200 million to The Dude, Bob, Giant Moose and blanch to post on my board. I hire Travis to moderate the board. When the board inevitably goes under - it's Travis' fault? Or should maybe I have spent that money a little bit smarter?

First of all, it is always Travis' fault.

Second of all, you are blaming Mr. I?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-05, 09:22

TheReal_LWS wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

First of all, it is always Travis' fault.

Second of all, you are blaming Mr. I?

I'm blaming Victor for clogging the bases up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-05, 09:28

It's just a poorly constructed team. I guess Avila couldn't have known Mark Lowe was going to turn to shit, but that's how he chose to spend his money in the bullpen. He also chose to spend money to bring in Zimmerman and Pelfrey to fill out his rotation. I know Zimmerman was solid to start the year, but that was fool's gold. I watch a lot of MLB and Zimmerman has been garbage for a while now. Pelfrey speaks for itself.

I don't really demand accountability for this team but if I were forced to, yes, the blame would go something like 60% on the front office.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-05, 11:12

Get your shirts here:

Fire Brad

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-05, 11:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's just a poorly constructed team. I guess Avila couldn't have known Mark Lowe was going to turn to shit, but that's how he chose to spend his money in the bullpen. He also chose to spend money to bring in Zimmerman and Pelfrey to fill out his rotation. I know Zimmerman was solid to start the year, but that was fool's gold. I watch a lot of MLB and Zimmerman has been garbage for a while now. Pelfrey speaks for itself.

I don't really demand accountability for this team but if I were forced to, yes, the blame would go something like 60% on the front office.

Good point. I think the wheels started to come off when Scherzer told us to kick rocks. Plus you get on the downside of Cabrera's career (though that is still better than 90% of the players out there). I think getting rid of Porcello was a bad idea. No one knew that Anibal would turn into hot garbage. This staff went from the best rotation and a so-so bullpen to a so-so rotation and a so-so bullpen.

Avila is in year 1, I can't really throw shade at him yet. The only hold over at this point is Ausmus.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-05, 12:02

TheReal_LWS wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's just a poorly constructed team. I guess Avila couldn't have known Mark Lowe was going to turn to shit, but that's how he chose to spend his money in the bullpen. He also chose to spend money to bring in Zimmerman and Pelfrey to fill out his rotation. I know Zimmerman was solid to start the year, but that was fool's gold. I watch a lot of MLB and Zimmerman has been garbage for a while now. Pelfrey speaks for itself.

Good point. I think the wheels started to come off when Scherzer told us to kick rocks. Plus you get on the downside of Cabrera's career (though that is still better than 90% of the players out there). I think getting rid of Porcello was a bad idea. No one knew that Anibal would turn into hot garbage. This staff went from the best rotation and a so-so bullpen to a so-so rotation and a so-so bullpen.

Avila is in year 1, I can't really throw shade at him yet. The only hold over at this point is Ausmus.

The Procello deal eventually got us Fulmer - so that's a wash.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down