Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU football - the silver linings thread...

+17
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Nordic
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
Vlad
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Blanch32
tTy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU football - the silver linings thread...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-10, 14:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Agreed. The future is not looking so bright.

Unless this is sarcasm, you've made a huge mistake.

I'm not trying to give him credit, but I think it's just reality at this point. This season is clearly over. Have you looked at depth charts? This is not a young team, either. Next year we will lose half of our starting defensive backfield, Bullough, Davis, Malik, Cooper. On Offense we will lose Kieler, TOC, Price, Lyles, Madaris and Shelton. The outlook for next year is bleak at best. Literally all of the momentum is moving away from us and towards Harbie shirtless shit show in AA. I hope tOSU beats them or it's going to be a long few years living in this State.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU football - the silver linings thread...

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-10-10, 14:12

Win, lose or draw, gotta love and support the Green and White. Just told the guy next to me with his ridiculous "scum natonal championships banner" that their old NCs were fraudulent because it was against high schools, and that 1997 was at best 1/2 a NC. Win or lose we can always make scummer sad!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-10, 14:14

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Unless this is sarcasm, you've made a huge mistake.

I'm not trying to give him credit, but I think it's just reality at this point. This season is clearly over. Have you looked at depth charts? This is not a young team, either. Next year we will lose half of our starting defensive backfield, Bullough, Davis, Malik, Cooper. On Offense we will lose Kieler, TOC, Price, Lyles, Madaris and Shelton. The outlook for next year is bleak at best. Literally all of the momentum is moving away from us and towards Harbie shirtless shit show in AA. I hope tOSU beats them or it's going to be a long few years living in this State.

You are the pussiest pussy of all the pussy pussies on this board.

Pussy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-10-10, 14:16

lol. Ok I'm a pussy. A realist. Congrats on your internet bravado.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-10, 14:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol. Ok I'm a pussy. A realist. Congrats on your internet bravado.

Pussies call themselves "realists". Pussy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 14:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol. Ok I'm a pussy. A realist. Congrats on your internet bravado.

When you say the season is clearly over, what do you mean?

And other then Keiler, I'm not sure any of the losses on offense you listed will hurt us much. We have plenty of WRs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-10, 14:42

Nigel you for real with that question dawg?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 14:59

NigelUno wrote:

And other then Keiler, I'm not sure any of the losses on offense you listed will hurt us much. We have plenty of WRs.
so at this point, and with 3 losses - is it better to slowly improve.. hopefully get to 6-7 wins and maybe go to low-tier bowl game.. and get an extra month of practice.. or is it better to just mail it in and pack up the pads in November?

(serious question).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 15:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nigel you for real with that question dawg?

Did they cancel the rest of the games?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

so at this point, and with 3 losses - is it better to slowly improve.. hopefully get to 6-7 wins and maybe go to low-tier bowl game.. and get an extra month of practice.. or is it better to just mail it in and pack up the pads in November?

(serious question).

Lessons can still be learned. Sometimes losing makes you work harder to get better.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 15:19

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so at this point, and with 3 losses - is it better to slowly improve.. hopefully get to 6-7 wins and maybe go to low-tier bowl game.. and get an extra month of practice.. or is it better to just mail it in and pack up the pads in November?

(serious question).

Lessons can still be learned. Sometimes losing makes you work harder to get better.

I don't disagree... just curious if the Beef-A-Roni Bowl is better than no bowl at all.. I think some people whose ego/self-esteem is attached to things like college football would be not so excited about it.. but it does give the young kids an extra month of practice.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-10, 15:27

Everyone knows this season is a disaster. That is being obvious, not a realist. But translating that into we are fucked going forward and Big Blue is going beat us up next year and beyond is pretty vaginal.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 15:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

(serious question).

I would think an extra month of practice would always be welcome by our coaches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 15:35

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so at this point, and with 3 losses - is it better to slowly improve.. hopefully get to 6-7 wins and maybe go to low-tier bowl game.. and get an extra month of practice.. or is it better to just mail it in and pack up the pads in November?

(serious question).

I would think an extra month of practice would always be welcome by our coaches.
I agree.

Fans? I suppose it depends on the bowl game.. MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-10, 15:37

gHost Spartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Everyone knows this season is a disaster. That is being obvious, not a realist. But translating that into we are fucked going forward and Big Blue is going beat us up next year and beyond is pretty vaginal.
So WBH is actually Tanfan?

Careful. I think you've been warned about stuff like this.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 15:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I agree.

Fans? I suppose it depends on the bowl game.. MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 2599972566

No doubt, the level of enthusiasm is connected to the status of the bowl game, at least for me. The only bowl I've ever wanted MSU to decline is the one in Detroit, had an invite ever been extended. I'd take the Roto-Rooter Bowl in West Overshoe, NJ, before I'd want to see us in whatever incarnation the current Detroit bowl calls itself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 15:48

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree.

No doubt, the level of enthusiasm is connected to the status of the bowl game, at least for me. The only bowl I've ever wanted MSU to decline is the one in Detroit, had an invite ever been extended. I'd take the Roto-Rooter Bowl in West Overshoe, NJ, before I'd want to see us in whatever incarnation the current Detroit bowl calls itself.
like American jesus said.. "pride comes before the fall"..

even though I would've guessed it was summer. But what do I know. MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 15:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

like American jesus said.. "pride comes before the fall"..

even though I would've guessed it was summer. But what do I know. MSU football - the silver linings thread... - Page 2 2599972566

Well, pride, graduation, dismissals, transfers, players going pro early, etc.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-10, 15:57

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:like American jesus said.. "pride comes before the fall"..

I start getting annoyed before the fall.. not a fan of summer.

or graduations. I've never attended one.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-10-10, 16:01

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:like American jesus said.. "pride comes before the fall"..

You forgot Harbaugh.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-10, 16:09

Nordic wrote:

This is correct.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-10, 18:27

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You forgot Harbaugh.

We're fucked
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 18:56

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You forgot Harbaugh.

That's right! Program killer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-10-10, 20:15

Nordic wrote:

Exactly. I'm waiting for WBH do start calling us Little Brother.

If and when he does, it's on/
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-10-10, 20:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree.

I went to the Cherry Bowl. We lost.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-10-10, 20:19

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I was there. It took so many beers to get through that game.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-10-10, 21:11

This thread had potential to be really funny and all you fuck faces ruined it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-10-10, 23:51

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We buried my grandmother that day. I heard the score later. Given my already shitty mood, the loss seemed almost appropriate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-11, 00:02

ANy bowl is better than no bowl you guys.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-10-11, 00:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:ANy bowl is better than no bowl you guys.

Absolutely true.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-11, 04:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:ANy bowl is better than no bowl you guys.

We need one this year for the young guys
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-10-11, 08:42

A 5-7 Nebraska team played in a California bowl last year. They are 5-0 this year.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2