Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and....

5 posters

Go down

So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and.... Empty So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and....

Post by tTy 10/12/2016, 8:10 pm

....four previous threads of mine popped up on the "Title of the topic" field that started with, "So,.....".

I'm with DWAGS on this, btw, but evidently I'm part of the problem. So, fuck it, I'm going to start beginning all my sentences with, "Once upon a time,.....", even in work e-mails.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the fuckin' problem!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and.... Empty Re: So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and....

Post by The Pantry 10/12/2016, 8:29 pm

So, what's the point of this thread?

I love grammar nazi-ism. Blanch would be fucked if it was taken more seriously.

Wish we could get tDPR on this board. Miss her.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and.... Empty Re: So, I thought I would start a thread with "So,....." to fuck with DWAGS, and....

Post by tTy 10/12/2016, 8:32 pm

The Pantry wrote:So, what's the point of this thread?

Once upon a time, I used to begin sentences with, "So,...." and I didn't even realize it, even though I fucking hate it, just like DWAGS.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 10/12/2016, 8:39 pm

She's a little busy these days.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 10/12/2016, 8:41 pm

tTy wrote:

Once upon a time, I used to begin sentences with, "So,...." and I didn't even realize it, even though I fucking hate it, just like DWAGS.
So, is it just starting a sentence with "So," (with the following comma) or just starting a sentence with the word "So" ?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 10/12/2016, 8:48 pm

The Pantry wrote:
tTy wrote:

So, is it just starting a sentence with "So," (with the following comma) or just starting a sentence with the word "So" ?

Boff 'em.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 10/12/2016, 9:03 pm

tTy wrote:
The Pantry wrote:So, is it just starting a sentence with "So," (with the following comma) or just starting a sentence with the word "So" ?

Boff 'em.
But, starting a sentence with "So" makes what you're about to type more friendly and relatable...that is, unless the sentence ends with a question mark
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 10/12/2016, 9:21 pm

so, you're saying there's a chance??
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 10/12/2016, 10:41 pm

tTy wrote:

No doubt, I probably do too. Thing is yesterday I asked three different employees some pretty direct questions, all three at different times started their answer with "so".

Then, In this thread hit me, two things were happening, I had a feeling way deep in the back of my mind that they used the "so" and a comma pause to think of an answer they maybe wanted to give and not the real answer. Not that it was a big deal, it wasn't. But the second thing that struck me after, I became so fucking fixated on the "so" I don't think I heard what they told me after.

It struck me the next day. I probably do it to. It just bothers me now. It's like sitting in a crowded theatre. If you start thinking about people eating popcorn, it's all you can hear. You focus on it.

I have issues.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down