Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw, to enhance College football.

+7
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
DWags
11 posters

Go down

DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw,  to enhance College football.   Empty DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw, to enhance College football.

Post by DWags Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:27 pm

Thank you for taking the time to read this idea and positively comment on it. If I see positive feedback, I will personally drive my idea to the NCAA headquarters this Spring and Nail it up to the door like Martin Luther did when he told the Catholic church to get fucked. But My Idea will be a positive force, not a dividing one.

So, fuck these FBS vs FCS games at the beginning of the season, or in the SEC's case, sprinkled throughout the season. Nobody cares nobody wants them on their home schedule that you pay a ton of cash for season tickets and tailgate spots. Snooze fests and boring shit. Put an end to them now. Fuck them.

So.... You're all saying "But Dwags, the FCS teams need that payday to help fund their whole athletic department. Well, far be it of me to deprive them of this payday. So..... we're going to give these FCS schools two games against FBS teams to get the coffers going. How? We play them in the Spring! ONLY IN THE SPRING. We have two games. One after the second week of football practice at our Stadium, and one after the third week. We sell it with all the trimmings. Tailgating, cheerleaders, band concessions, beer at the stadiums, the whole 9 yards. We bring in a ton of money for both REAL spring games, and we have something to do and look forward to between the end of the NCAA tournament, and the Kentucky Derby. Then, you BAN FBS vs FCS games and you enhance your home schedule with great games of Power 5's vs. Power 5's. Not breaks on the schedule. Fans get what they pay for in season tickets.

Simple, genius, I don't see a flaw.

Injuries you say? Fuck that. Don't play your starters. Play the players who you have solidly on the second string fighting for that starting spot. Hell, we used to Have JV football for them in college in the 70's. Or.... play your starters. Injuries are on you if you do.

I don't see any flaws here. I was thinking ESPN, FOX NBC all have two Thurs/Fri/Sat weekends of football on t.v. And boom, everybody wins. I don't see a flaw here. Has this been thought of before? Or, did I just dream it in the fever dream I had last night along with being naked in a closet with my third grade teacher Ms. Zavada who wore nursing shoes?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw,  to enhance College football.   Empty Re: DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw, to enhance College football.

Post by NigelUno Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Great idea.

Except if UM wins 2 games, they'll start claiming National Championships.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw,  to enhance College football.   Empty Re: DWags superbly thought out, exciting suggestion, great idea, without any flaw, to enhance College football.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 pm

DWags wrote:Thank you for taking the time to read this idea and positively comment on it. If I see positive feedback, I will personally drive my idea to the NCAA headquarters this Spring and Nail it up to the door like Martin Luther did when he told the Catholic church to get fucked. But My Idea will be a positive force, not a dividing one.

So, fuck these FBS vs FCS games at the beginning of the season, or in the SEC's case, sprinkled throughout the season. Nobody cares nobody wants them on their home schedule that you pay a ton of cash for season tickets and tailgate spots. Snooze fests and boring shit. Put an end to them now. Fuck them.

For me you can just stop there and I’m good. An FCS’ financial situation is not really my problem and if they aren’t able to have an athletic department without these games then maybe we should rethink what college athletics is for an FCS school in the first place.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:55 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Thank you for taking the time to read this idea and positively comment on it. If I see positive feedback, I will personally drive my idea to the NCAA headquarters this Spring and Nail it up to the door like Martin Luther did when he told the Catholic church to get fucked. But My Idea will be a positive force, not a dividing one.

For me you can just stop there and I’m good. An FCS’ financial situation is not really my problem and if they aren’t able to have an athletic department without these games then maybe we should rethink what college athletics is for an FCS school in the first place.

I’m Putting you down as a positive comment.

You’re positive my idea sucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:17 pm

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I’m Putting you down as a positive comment.

You’re positive my idea sucks.

I’m comfortable with whatever at the end of the day dwags. You go do you. Glue yourself to the ncaa’s headquarters until they make this happen
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:19 pm

Great idea,  but no way the sec goes along with this.  They need that second bye at the end of their season.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:26 pm

DWags for President!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:35 pm

What does that do for your rankings? If you lose or have a close game using your JV or second string?
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:39 pm

What happens with the transfer portal? If a guy has a really good spring game then someone lures him away. Does he play for one school in the spring then transfers to a different school in the fall?
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:01 pm

NumbersDude wrote:What happens with the transfer portal? If a guy has a really good spring game then someone lures him away. Does he play for one school in the spring then transfers to a different school in the fall?

Kids are hitting the TP all times of the year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:06 pm

All I know is Dabo Sweeney doesn't like the current "portal" and "NIL" system. So we must be trending in the right direction. His stance is he doesn't like anything that "devalues education".
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:23 pm

DWags wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:What happens with the transfer portal? If a guy has a really good spring game then someone lures him away. Does he play for one school in the spring then transfers to a different school in the fall?

But this will cause even more chaos with players having good spring games getting poached
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:26 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:DWags for President!

He's got my vote!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 pm

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

But this will cause even more chaos with players having good spring games getting poached

Tuck comin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:06 pm

But honestly, wouldn't you guys love a real couple of games in April. Tailgating, smelling the Spring air, hearing the fight song, beating the hell out of an FCS school. Sounds beautiful to me.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:54 am

TL:DR
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:31 pm

NumbersDude wrote:What does that do for your rankings? If you lose or have a close game using your JV or second string?

Maybe it will end the beauty contest rankings at the beginning of the regular season. Everyone can see your warts and vote accordingly instead of how good you were thirty years ago.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Nordic wrote:TL:DR

Real games against FCS teams twice in the Spring. Band, tailgate. Score refs the whole 9 yards. Then, outlaw FCS vs FBS teams in the fall. Make all power 5 teams play each other weekly.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:13 pm

DWags wrote:
Nordic wrote:TL:DR

Real games against FCS teams twice in the Spring. Band, tailgate. Score refs the whole 9 yards. Then, outlaw FCS vs FBS teams in the fall. Make all power 5 teams play each other weekly.

And DWags for President.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:07 am

Except for padding SEC records with blowout wins in the 2nd to the last game of the season is meant to sway voters.

Other than that it all makes too much sense,  

Fills two weeks of Spring Saturday post NCAA basketball/ post Masters programming.  Gives teams a chance to looks at the 3 and 4 deep rosters; gives conferences 2 more games to evaluate officials; gives networks 2 games to evaluate new on air talent; gives schools two more weeks of revenue.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down