Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course

+6
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course Empty The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:10

For now.

The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course Empty Re: The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course

Post by DWags 2016-10-13, 09:14

NigelUno wrote:For now.

That ought to grab em
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course Empty Re: The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:25

"USGA must move Women's Open from Trump National"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2016/10/12/usga-2017-us-womens-open-donald-trump-national-golf-course/91962466/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:29

Over/Under on when they announce they're moving it:

Tuesday, November 8th
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 09:36

Yes, yes, yes - this will change the world. As much time and effort should be expended on this as necessary to make it happen.

We can't have millionaire golfers being watched by the wealthy playing golf on a billionaire's course if that billionaire squeezed a woman's tit back in 1982.

There are a lot bigger problems in the world but the media distracts the masses with this kind of stupid shit. What the fuck difference does it make where they hit the golf balls?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 09:37

Take all the press coverage this will get and aim it something important like debunking the anti-vaxxers. That might actually do something like save lives.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:39

Someone is kind of cranky.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-10-13, 09:49

I'm with goose on this but if that guy continues to claim he isn't bias to a side....lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 09:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm with goose on this but if that guy continues to claim he isn't bias to a side....lol!

I don't know why he needed to bring politics into a golf discussion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-10-13, 09:56

LooseGoose wrote:Yes, yes, yes - this will change the world. As much time and effort should be expended on this as necessary to make it happen.

We can't have millionaire golfers being watched by the wealthy playing golf on a billionaire's course if that billionaire squeezed a woman's tit back in 1982.

There are a lot bigger problems in the world but the media distracts the masses with this kind of stupid shit. What the fuck difference does it make where they hit the golf balls?

I might agree if we were talking about a single incident. It's beginning to appear habitual.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-10-13, 10:18

I think it would look bad if the USGA moved a golf tournament from a course owned by the President of the United States.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 10:26

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm with goose on this but if that guy continues to claim he isn't bias to a side....lol!

Trump's brand is destroyed either way, that's not politics. It's the business repercussions of deciding to run for President with a past full of rotten shit. Moving the tournament doesn't hurt him any further but it does fuck the people that have made plans and bought tickets etc. I guess that's bias to worry about the littler guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 10:36

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Trump's brand is destroyed either way, that's not politics. It's the business repercussions of deciding to run for President with a past full of rotten shit. Moving the tournament doesn't hurt him any further but it does fuck the people that have made plans and bought tickets etc. I guess that's bias to worry about the littler guys.

You don't think moving the tournament would hurt Trump? OK...

Would seem to be a big PR hit.

Now you're worried about the "littler guys"? What happened to..."What the fuck difference does it make where they hit the golf balls?"
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 10:41

NigelUno wrote:Someone is kind of cranky.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 10:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Someone is kind of cranky.

I mean...come on.

Given the last 24 hours (and more), the fact that the USGA is (was?) having their Women's Open at Trump National is kinda funny.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:22

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Now you're worried about the "littler guys"? What happened to..."What the fuck difference does it make where they hit the golf balls?"

How much more would it hurt Trump. His name and brand are already trash. I guess the 77th bullet makes him more dead.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 11:32

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

How much more would it hurt Trump. His name and brand are already trash. I guess the 77th bullet makes him more dead.

His name and brand aren't trash with his supporters.

I think if the USGA held a big press conference today it would hurt him (more) in the polls, the election, and business wise.

If they don't move it, then not so much.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-10-13, 11:34

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

His name and brand aren't trash with his supporters.

I think if the USGA held a big press conference today it would hurt him (more) in the polls, the election, and business wise.

If they don't move it, then not so much.
I wonder how many Trump supporters believe that "Women's Open" means something other than a golf tournament? The 2017 US Women's Open is at Trump National Golf Course 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 11:35

NigelUno wrote:His name and brand aren't trash with his supporters.

Thanks for that insight. Now telling me how moving a golf tournament next year will change that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-10-13, 11:47

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:His name and brand aren't trash with his supporters.

Thanks for that insight. Now telling me how moving a golf tournament next year will change that.

Some Republicans have pulled their support of Trump due to recent revelations. It's possible some current (still) supporters could pull their support if the USGA held a big press conference.

It seems to evolving into a story. These stories seem to be changing some people's minds. That has been reflected in polling.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 12:06

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Some Republicans have pulled their support of Trump due to recent revelations. It's possible some current (still) supporters could pull their support if the USGA held a big press conference.

It seems to evolving into a story. These stories seem to be changing some people's minds. That has been reflected in polling.

What percentage of viewers and attendees of the 2017 Women's Open would you guess are Trump supporters?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-13, 12:09

I'm fine with moving it.

But do right by the people that have made plans and bought tickets. Help
them attend wherever you move it to.

Otherwise as stated earlier you think you're hurting Trump and it will in a
small way.For him it'll be another drop in the deluge to come, the real people
that it will hurt will be those that own tickets. Maybe find another course in
the same area so their travel/lodging plans would stay the same?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-13, 13:03

The decision was made 4-5 years ago.

Things change
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-11-18, 23:06

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/usga-not-budging-from-hosting-2017-u-s-womens-open-at-trump-course/

Duh
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-11-19, 08:19

LooseGoose wrote:I'm fine with moving it.

But do right by the people that have made plans and bought tickets. Help
them attend wherever you move it to.

Otherwise as stated earlier you think you're hurting Trump and it will in a
small way.For him it'll be another drop in the deluge to come, the real people
that it will hurt will be those that own tickets. Maybe find another course in
the same area so their travel/lodging plans would stay the same?

It can take a couple of years to prep a course for a major championship. It's never as easy as moving to another course down the road. As someone who use to be in the business, I won't bore anyone with the details that these courses that host these things have to go through to get the course and supporting infrastructure in place to make it work.

In addition, the majority of these types of courses are private and would need approval of the membership to give up their course for the tournament. If the course is public, then people and organizations that have had reservations well in advanced, would be forced to change. Trust me that wouldn't go over well with the long term financial health of that course.

I don't blame the USGA for not changing venues. It's not a political statement that they condone the actions of Trump. It's simply it's too late to change now from a logistical standpoint.

The most they probably have to take into account is to set aside some space around the course where people can demonstrate.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-19, 08:46

I agree, not that anyone know why or what they'll be demonstrating against. Just that we know they will be, it's what they do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-19, 09:15

Major golf tournament leaving Trump for Mexico

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-11-19, 09:18

Nigel is a straight-up troll. He made this thread under the title of being a golf one, yet made it political.

Should move this shit to the Bin.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2016-11-19, 12:36

LooseGoose wrote:I agree, not that anyone know why or what they'll be demonstrating against. Just that we know they will be, it's what they do.

They'll need cry zones and puppies to comfort the cucks and Hill Bot media.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down