Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked?

5 posters

Go down

With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked? Empty With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked?

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-23, 13:06

Some mock drafts also include Keith Appling going towards the end of Round 2. I would love to see KA get a look in the pros.

The ping pong balls have been picked and the order is set for the first 14 selections in next month’s NBA draft.

Will former Michigan State standouts Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be among those first 14 picks? Most mock drafts released Tuesday night following the draft lottery think so.

ESPN’s Chad Ford has Harris going at No. 11 to the Denver Nuggets, one spot below Michigan’s Nik Stauskas and two spots ahead of Payne, who is slotted No. 13 to Minnesota. Ford writes that Kevin Love’s likely departure from Minnesota puts the Timberwolves in need of a big man, and that Harris would be an upgrade over either of Denver’s current backcourt starters.

The three mock drafts from CBS Sports all have Harris at either the No. 9 spot, Cleveland, or the No. 10 spot to Philadelphia. Payne is slotted between No. 11 and No. 13 in all of them, going to either Denver, Orlando or Minnesota.

Draftexpress.com has both Harris and Payne slightly lower, with Harris going No. 14 to the Phoenix Suns and Payne going No. 20 to the Toronto Raptors.

Yahoo’s mock draft is the only one with both players being picked outside of the lottery, with Payne being picked first at No. 15 to the Atlanta Hawks and Harris going No. 16 to the Chicago Bulls. Writer Marc Spears quotes a scout who cites Harris’s lack of size and Payne’s history of injury.

Both Harris and Payne spent last week in Chicago meeting with several NBA teams at the league's scouting combine. They will now spent the next month working out, both privately and for NBA front offices to try to find the right fit.

“There’s no goal of where I want to be drafted,” Harris said. “I just want to be drafted to the right fit.”

By Kyle Austin
Courtesy of MLive
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked? Empty Re: With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-05-23, 13:08

Two lottery picks, huh? I'll take it.

I hope Harris goes to the Pistons.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked? Empty Re: With draft lottery set, where will former Michigan State players Gary Harris and Adreian Payne be picked?

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-23, 13:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Two lottery picks, huh? I'll take it.

Both of these men are deserving. Harris has proved himself worthy, and I still think it is laughable that so many NBA teams continue to overlook AP. AP is polished and has the ability to score anywhere on the court. He can back you down, hit a mid range jumper, and knock down threes. This type of skillset is rare for prospects coming out of college.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-05-23, 14:04

I'd rather see him go to the Miami Heat.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Kazamias 2014-05-23, 14:17

Suspect
Larry Kazamias
Larry Kazamias
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-23, 14:49

Larry Kazamias wrote:
 Suspect

sarcasm homie
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-05-23, 15:37

I think AP goes in the 10-12 range and GH goes in the 15-20 range.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyHard 2014-05-23, 16:42

I think both are drafted between picks 9-16.

One may slide to the high teens.
SpartyHard
SpartyHard
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down