Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

+7
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tTy
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
xsanguine
Rocinante
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. Empty The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-27, 22:00

I can't even.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. Empty Re: The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

Post by Guest 2016-10-27, 22:55

Clarification:

Which ones were the criminal trespassers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves. Empty Re: The armed white guys got off, the peaceful red guys are getting arrested in droves.

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-28, 12:09

Whiteness just keep doing what whiteness do. Power screams over and over that the only thing it respects is armed occupation. Let's get these natives some guns.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 12:20

Rocinante wrote:Whiteness just keep doing what whiteness do. Power screams over and over that the only thing it respects is armed occupation. Let's get these natives some guns.

I wonder how many FBI informers are there inciting this?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-28, 12:27

I wonder when you're going to make a fucking point.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 12:43

Rocinante wrote:I wonder when you're going to make a fucking point.

The point is that I'm curious about how much of this shit is being stirred by the government. In Oregon it seems a good chunk of it was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-28, 13:01

Rocinante wrote:Whiteness just keep doing what whiteness do. Power screams over and over that the only thing it respects is armed occupation. Let's get these natives some guns.

Vilifying white people for being white is quite trendy these days.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-28, 16:53

xsanguine wrote:

Vilifying white people for being white is quite trendy these days.

And then there's those that vilify everything except white oppression.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-28, 19:26

Why aren't the pipeline plns show it going through any country clubs or prime farm land?

Put that pipeline through toney suburbs of St. Louis and watch the push back.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-28, 19:43

I imagine it would be harder for unarmed white guys to get off. Unarmed guys in general probably have a harder time getting off.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-28, 19:47

[quote=rocinante]except white oppression.[/quote]

Like what?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-28, 19:49

GRR Spartan wrote:Why aren't the pipeline plns show it going through any country clubs or prime farm land?

Probably because the land is too expensive. I'm with the protesters but it's weird how everything boils down to white vs everyone else all the time.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 21:15

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Why aren't the pipeline plns show it going through any country clubs or prime farm land?

Probably because the land is too expensive. I'm with the protesters but it's weird how everything boils down to white vs everyone else all the time.

Bingo.

Basic Economics 101
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-28, 21:42

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Bingo.

Basic Economics 101

It's too bad you never took Basic Politics 101.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-28, 22:26

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bingo.

Basic Economics 101

It's too bad you never took Basic Politics 101.

Come on over and support Darrell Castle with me, it'll stop the bitterness you're feeling right now over Hills being in trouble again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-28, 22:31

Turtleneck's with Her?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-28, 23:22

It's Loose's only comeback to the fact that he decided to go all in for Trump. However, I'm not all that bothered by it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-10-28, 23:46

You had me at "armed white guys get off"

I know, right!?!?!?!?!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 09:41

Turtleneck wrote:It's Loose's only comeback to the fact that he decided to go all in for Trump. However, I'm not all that bothered by it.

The entire profile I built of you over time was in serious jepordy.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 12:06

You may find it interesting that I'm actually not in support of the motivations behind the standing rock protesters. I think the government mostly did its job in the approval of the pipeline, and it's private property. I an however horrified at their treatment. And I think it has everything to do with race. And guns.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 12:09

That's weird.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-30, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:You may find it interesting that I'm actually not in support of the motivations behind the standing rock protesters. I think the government mostly did its job in the approval of the pipeline, and it's private property. I an however horrified at their treatment. And I think it has everything to do with race. And guns.

I'll offer you a wager. I'll bet that if they stopped breaking the law they would get treated better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 13:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You may find it interesting that I'm actually not in support of the motivations behind the standing rock protesters. I think the government mostly did its job in the approval of the pipeline, and it's private property. I an however horrified at their treatment. And I think it has everything to do with race. And guns.

I'll offer you a wager. I'll bet that if they stopped breaking the law they would get treated better.

And that is the most typical white response ever.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-10-30, 13:45

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are you disputing the truth of it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 13:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Are you disputing the truth of it?
Listen, simpleton. If there were white people exercising civil disobedience in the face of what they felt was an unjust situation.... You're damn right I think they'd be treated differently.

You want to narrowly define it as "derp don't break the law and you won't get in trouble" that's just you putting your white blinders on and being willfully ignorant. So basically fuck you if you're going to do that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 14:15

White people are pussies. They don't really do the civil disobedience thing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 14:17

It's fun being able to generalize white people in a negative way that would destroy you if you inputted any other race into the equation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-30, 14:24

There have been 3,300 incidents of leaks in pipelines since 2010. The pipeline is going under the main source of drinking water for ten thousand people. It also is going to go either near by or on a burial ground.

I try to be objective in these things. I get eminent domain shit, and it is important. But I wonder how I'd react and what I'd do if it went under my drinking water source and was pumping that shit through my dads cemetery or near it. Regardless of my skin color I might revert to civil disobedience too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-30, 14:24

There have been 3,300 incidents of leaks in pipelines since 2010. The pipeline is going under the main source of drinking water for ten thousand people. It also is going to go either near by or on a burial ground.

I try to be objective in these things. I get eminent domain shit, and it is important. But I wonder how I'd react and what I'd do if it went under my drinking water source and was pumping that shit through my dads cemetery or near it. Regardless of my skin color I might revert to civil disobedience too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 14:28

You can say that again, DWags
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 14:29

Something tells me you'd just move your family or the burial site, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-10-30, 15:33

xsanguine wrote:

Emminent domain never seems to be used in upscale neighborhoods.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 17:25

xsanguine wrote:It's fun being able to generalize white people in a negative way that would destroy you if you inputted any other race into the equation.

You're the only one generalizing white people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-10-30, 17:44

GRR Spartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Isn't this also for a for profit company and not a public entity
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 17:47

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:It's fun being able to generalize white people in a negative way that would destroy you if you inputted any other race into the equation.

You're the only one generalizing white people.

I am? I was taking your lead
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 17:52

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Government and corporations are interchangeable. The concept of eminent domain is as offensive as the drug war.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-10-30, 17:59

GRR Spartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Right........ because like I said.... as disgusting as it is upscale neighborhoods tend to be on desirable property and with eminent domain they use property values to determine how much to give the unwilling land owners.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 18:01

Wags, serious question: have you seen any actual accounts of burial grounds being violated? I've worked on a mess of pipeline projects and there's pretty strict archeological surveys and tribal consultation before grounds is ever broken. I keep hearing this, but I find it difficult to believe.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-30, 18:02

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Eminent domain is not limited to public projects. Eminent domain can be exercised when the project is private development assumed to serve a public purpose. This comes from Kelo v. City of New London (2005) when the Supreme Court upheld eminent domain being used to seize property for a private condominium and hotel project in New London, CT.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-10-30, 18:02

Double post

Last edited by Rocinante on 2016-10-30, 18:04; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next