Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tell your Rose Bowl story

+21
Two Star At Best
CrazySparty
A. Allen
Jethro Bodeen
Stoops21
WBill
MiamiSpartan
Ass Dan
Charlie Sheen
Phil McCrackin
tanfan!
Zapp Brannigan
DroppedByADime
EastGreatFalls
WhiteBoyHatcher
Bizarro Fletch
Heat Miser
dbMSU
RBW Spartan
Molon Labe
InTenSity
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tell your Rose Bowl story - Page 2 Empty Re: tell your Rose Bowl story

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-27, 16:00

Mrs Sponge and I got to drive it from Oregon and it is a fantastic drive, even in December/January. We were lucky enough to miss any weather both ways. We drove down on Sunday and had a couple fantastic days to fart around at Huntington Beach, stayed in Santa Monica, went to the pep rally with an old HS buddy (with whom we spent most of the time, actually) so that was fun being reunited too..

Just everything about the trip was great. We all walked up the hill to the parade after parking at about 7am too, and walked right up to a barrier where the beginning of the parade was marching/driving bye that very moment.

Go Greens and Go Whites everywhere we went, for the entire trip. It was really fun living vicariously through the thousands and thousands of Michiganders who were also very happy to be in nice sunny weather, too. The day after the game in Santa Monica and down on the pier, people were all just beaming with happiness that they didn't have to go home quite-yet. And by the then, the "GO GREEN GO WHITE" stuff just became fun friendly head-nods with huge shit eating grins all over everybody's faces. That part cracked me up. We just totally OWNED LA and the area for those few days.

The drive back was just as fun as the drive down. The trip of a lifetime, and now the Wife (not a Spartan grad but is very loyal at this point is a serious Die Hard  Wink 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Dean 2014-05-27, 16:45

Great stories everyone, except for the guy who watched half of the game from the Coors beer tent. WTF were you thinking man? I was fortunate to be able to spend a about 8 days out in Southern Cal and it was the best trip I have ever been on. We stayed in Santa Monica. We obviously saw most of Santa Monica (pier, prominade, etc.), Hollywood, tour in Hollywood (which was really cool and went around Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, etc., went to Disneyland, walked around Beverly Hills, and walked around/ate dinner in Venice Beach. On New Years eve day we went to Pasadena to check out the hype and walk around. We basically did this to figure out our route and see if anything was going on. On game day we went to the parade and walked to the stadium. I'm not a huge Johnny Spirit fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I saw him ride his bike up Colorado Avenue and it gave me goosebumps. Probably because he is a recognizable figure and everyone was cheering. Anyways after the parade we walked to the stadium and took in the sights. Tailgating was unreal with all of the Spartans everywhere. My brother and I sat in the last row of the endzone but loved every second of it. The stadium and backdrop were breath-taking. We left on the 3rd and saw tons of Spartans at LAX. All in all the trip of a lifetime. Go GREEN!!!
James Dean
James Dean
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-27, 16:48

Sponge Worthy wrote: That part cracked me up. We just totally OWNED LA and the area for those few days.

We owned every friggin aspect of that whole scene.
The fans cruising around in the city days before/after.
The parade.
The tailgate scene.
The game.
The halftime show.
The celebration.

So much MSU win packed into one trip. Plus, our women are way hotter.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-27, 21:32

I woke up hungover, ate pizza and watched on my sofa. Was memorable as ****.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-27, 22:35

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

What I don't get is any Spartan fan with the means NOT going to the Rose Bowl last year....and I know many of them.  I hope 2013 was the start of a long string of marquee bowl appearances, but nothing will ever touch the experience of the first time back after 26 years.

I made that mistake in 1987. Vowed I'd never make it again --if we went again. It sure looked like that was never going to happen. The first three games looked horrible.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2