Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle?

+6
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? Empty Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle?

Post by DWags Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 10:11

I mean what the fuck.  It just seems that there are more fucked up people in those two states than any other.  We even have an "Oh Florida" thread.  Yet, every four years, here we are, waiting to see those fucked up people making the selection.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? Empty Re: Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle?

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 10:18

two states that I have a low-level disgust for.. and not for some silly sports-related reason. And not for a political reason. Florida is just sandy and hot... there's a certain fascination with golf, it seems - and a bunch of old people hanging around waiting to die.

Ohio - granted, I haven't spent a ton of time in Ohio - but it's an incredibly boring state to drive through. Absolutely no scenery.. I did see Springsteen once in Cincinnati, so that was cool - but the best part about Ohio is leaving it.

oh - except for the one jesus statue on the side of I-75.. that's always the highlight of the trip when driving to North Carolina.

plus - the time it got struck by lightning and jesus was burned to the ground.   Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 502811600    Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 1486952199

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? Giantjesus Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? Church_will_rebuild_Je7f6561fe-6571-4fd8-8483-41485c5267a90000_20100615140644_640_480
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? Empty Re: Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle?

Post by Guest Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 10:46

One reason to change to a Congressional District EC plan or popular vote. It spreads the decision out.

And of course going back to the primaries Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina have the most say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 11:20

LooseGoose wrote:

And of course going back to the primaries Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina have the most say.

Super delegates do
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 12:14

Isnt that the beauty of voting? Other people get to determine your rights and what percentage you need to give them against your wishes? Its the macro, not the micro.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 12:16

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Super delegates do

Only one party has super delegates.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 12:39

I hated the idea of getting rid of the electoral college before, but the whole point is to make sure that a dangerously insane psycho doesn't get in office.... sooooooo.... fuck it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 12:45

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Super delegates do

Only one party has super delegates.

And they're lobbyists.

But yeah, Bernie says hi.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 13:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I hated the idea of getting rid of the electoral college before, but the whole point is to make sure that a dangerously insane psycho doesn't get in office.... sooooooo.... fuck it
Which one? I think we're screwed with any of them.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 13:35

I.B. Fine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I hated the idea of getting rid of the electoral college before, but the whole point is to make sure that a dangerously insane psycho doesn't get in office.... sooooooo.... fuck it

I left that open for your own interpretation on purpose. I certainly have my thoughts about which one I was referring to. (If you're curious, I'm not really concerned with the email server threat.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 13:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

I left that open for your own interpretation on purpose. I certainly have my thoughts about which one I was referring to. (If you're curious, I'm not really concerned with the email server threat.)
96 stein
93 Clinton
68 Johnson
15 trump
14 casteel

We're screwed, but like Coach Knight always said, "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it,"
Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:00

I.B. Fine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

96 stein
93 Clinton
68 Johnson
15 trump
14 casteel

We're screwed, but like Coach Knight always said, "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it,"
Wink

Good job cutting off the substance part of that post tho... that quiz is inherently flawed. Almost every issue that I agree with republicans on I have a much lower priority of truly caring. Thus the ridiculously high scores. I'd go as far as saying it's wholly invalid if I'm honest with you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:01

Neither states are locked up for one political party and both have enough electoral votes to make campaigns spend resources to win the state.

We or the media don't decide it's the states, how competitive they are since neither is a lock for either party.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:08

That is a big oversimplification.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:08

GRR Spartan wrote:Neither states are locked up for one political party and both have enough electoral votes to make campaigns spend resources to win the state.

We or the media don't decide it's the states, how competitive they are since neither is a lock for either party.

Yes, we know...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:09

Turtleneck wrote:

That is a big oversimplification.

You're an oversimplification.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:18

LooseGoose wrote:One reason to change to a Congressional District EC plan or popular vote. It spreads the decision out.

If the congressional district method is adopted in all 50 states, it will need to be backstopped with legislation that takes up redistricting reform. The number of gerrymandered districts would explode under a congressional district method. Then the House and the presidency would both be legally rigged.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:48

I think only the States who made the college football playoff should be able to vote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 15:02

kingstonlake wrote:I think only the States who made the college football playoff should be able to vote.
so Alabama, Texas and South Carolina make up 75% of the current electorate.

that's a great idea. Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I think only the States who made the college football playoff should be able to vote.
so Alabama, Texas and South Carolina make up 75% of the current electorate.

that's a great idea. Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 502811600

They've earned it,
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 16:00

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Alabama, Texas and South Carolina make up 75% of the current electorate.

They've earned it,
have you ever been to those states?

(I have.. multiple times.. and I wouldn't trust the collective citizens to operate velcro).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 16:37

They know how to operate Velcro, Bob. Most of their shoes are velcro. It goes good with elastic waist lines.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 16:48

I want some velcro shoes. Like the old New Balance.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 16:50

See what I mean, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 3 Nov 2016 - 17:08

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:One reason to change to a Congressional District EC plan or popular vote. It spreads the decision out.

If the congressional district method is adopted in all 50 states, it will need to be backstopped with legislation that takes up redistricting reform. The number of gerrymandered districts would explode under a congressional district method. Then the House and the presidency would both be legally rigged.

That actually might be a good piece of compromise legislation which means it will never even get considered much less passed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 7:56

Turtleneck wrote:See what I mean, Bob.
Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 8:11

Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 25a33de1a1270612dffe34e3eba787ea

I can't wait to see who these guys choose for our next prez.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 8:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 25a33de1a1270612dffe34e3eba787ea

when Gameday was in EL a handful of years ago for the MSU/OSU game, I stood beside the bald guy who always paints himself silver for a bit (that may be him on the right, I'm not sure)..

anyway, he came across not as some goofy, silly "super fan" - but kinda scary, intimidating, etc. Sort of made me feel uncomfortable.

and not in the "awww that's very sad" sort of way that Nedgo makes me feel uncomfortable.. this was more of a "wow, this guy could snap" kind of uncomfortable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 8:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is everybody as bothered by the fact that it seems that Florida and Ohio are the states that make the decision for the Presidency each cycle? 25a33de1a1270612dffe34e3eba787ea

when Gameday was in EL a handful of years ago for the MSU/OSU game, I stood beside the bald guy who always paints himself silver for a bit (that may be him on the right, I'm not sure)..

anyway, he came across not as some goofy, silly "super fan" - but kinda scary, intimidating, etc. Sort of made me feel uncomfortable.

and not in the "awww that's very sad" sort of way that Nedgo makes me feel uncomfortable.. this was more of a "wow, this guy could snap" kind of uncomfortable.

So basically Donald Trump?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down