Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys? While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today.

+2
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
6 posters

Go down

Guys?   While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today. Empty Guys? While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today.

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 21:22

Slide this up to the 58 minute mark and start there.

The "3" things she talks about  - #1 is a joke - getting the economy working for all not just the elites?   What has President Obama been doing for 8 years?
#2 is OK, who would argue with that?
#3 "we need to bring our country together, overcome these divides"
                            Boy that sounds good.

Compare that to "clinging to their guns and religion" from Obama.

Then she segues directly into basically blaming R's for burning a church in Mississippi and the water in Flint - that's bringing us together.

Now skip up to 1:02:25 if you don't want to watch it all.  And this is the tone deafness of Today's Democrat party.   Right after talking about
"common sense" steps to reduce gun violence which coming from her sends a shudder through outdoorsmen....what does MsBridgeTheDivides do?

She starts mocking Trump for wearing a "camo" hat.   Doesn't she know that by extension she's mocking a good chunk of rural America?  This was
the same woman that 4 minutes earlier wanted to unite the country???   Now she wants to make fun of 50% of the country?  Completely tone deaf.

Then right back into keeping guns out of the "wrong" hands. Doesn't she see the connection to be made there?

Mock someone for wearing camo.= equals they're the wrong kind of people = we should laugh at them = and make sure they don't have guns.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Guys?   While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today. Empty Re: Guys? While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 21:29

Goose how do you feel about the fact that republicans at this point have realized that voter suppression is their best chance to win elections? Don't you feel that that's rather undemocratic? "Our ideas aren't good enough to win anymore so instead of adapting to what the population wants let's just make sure those fuckers don't vote instead."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Guys?   While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today. Empty Re: Guys? While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today.

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose how do you feel about the fact that republicans at this point have realized that voter suppression is their best chance to win elections? Don't you feel that that's rather undemocratic? "Our ideas aren't good enough to win anymore so instead of adapting to what the population wants let's just make sure those fuckers don't vote instead."

My opinion is that "voter suppression" is the Democrat version of "vote fraud" - both occur but are probably WAY overblown.

Today I saw a shortage of parking spaces at a voting location being called "vote suppression".   Well duh if they place was that busy how many votes were being suppressed?   Then the made up North Carolina shit which has been plugged ad naseum....want to read the other side of that?

No, North Carolina Didn’t ‘Slash’ Early Voting Hours

More hours and more sites in North Carolina during a more compressed timeline does not constitute 'slashing.' Early voting plans were result of hard-won compromise.

Early voter turnout among key demographics of the Obama coalition is down in the battleground state of North Carolina compared to 2012 at this time. The New York Times reported this week that black turnout is currently lagging 2012’s by 16 percent, calling the drop-off “political and logistical with lower voter enthusiasm and newly enacted impediments to voting at play.”

Politico cited “legislative changes that significantly restricted the number of polling sites available for the duration of in-person early voting — a method frequently utilized by minority voters.”

The refrain among liberal activists is that North Carolina “slashed” its early voting hours to prevent left-leaning minority populations from voting, pointing to this ThinkProgress story.

The problem with that theory is North Carolina didn’t slash early voting hours. The state’s 2013 reform law attempted to cut a week of early voting entirely, but a federal appeals court stayed that law.

The state’s cumulative early voting hours will be up 16 percent over 2012 by the time early voting closes, with overall increases in evening, Saturday, and Sunday hours as well as an uptick in early voting sites offered, according to the state’s Board of Elections. ThinkProgress’ own “slashing” story mentions this.

So a 16% increase is being played by the media as a CUT or SLASHING hours - or voter suppression..   Congrats for falling for it.

Last edited by LooseGoose on Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:04

The parking lot story is sort of like the old Yogi Berra review of a restaurant - "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:18

LooseGoose wrote:The parking lot story is sort of like the old Yogi Berra review of a restaurant - "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

Oh dude.... you're wrong. Sorry. From personal experience. You just happened to hit on the exact issue I dealt with in March.

I live in a primarily African American district. Voting in the primary was a nightmare. The location was some banquet hall, it took forever to find a place to park, the lot was unreasonably small, and when you did and got inside there was no one telling you or a map of which district is which. I saw people wait in 15 minute lines then told they had to go to the back of the other line because they guessed wrong. This was for a primary. This was for a primary. I cannot imagine how the general is going to go on Tuesday. It's going to be a nightmare.

That said, is it voter suppression? That really depends on whose fault it is. Who picks the location, who doesn't put out maps, etc. I don't know the answer to that question. I'm mostly thinking of the various strategies that republicans basically admit to doing to limit the vote. Id laws (several have admitted that's the whole point, as if we didn't know that this wasn't really about fraud) telling people to go "watch polling places," trying to convince people they can vote by phone or online (a story I heard about recently) that kinda stuff.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:25

Just for the sake of it I went to google and roughly counted.... the lot has 120 spots. Let's take out 20 for poll workers. That leaves 100. Imagine the line during a general election the last time you lived in a populated urban area.... that's not nearly enough.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Just for the sake of it I went to google and roughly counted.... the lot has 120 spots. Let's take out 20 for poll workers. That leaves 100. Imagine the line during a general election the last time you lived in a populated urban area.... that's not nearly enough.

But we're not talking Tuesday - we're talking days and days and hours and hours of early voting. Obviously we have no one available to count for us but I'll bet that lot is empty more than it's full. On General Election day (which I still think is the only day we should vote - make it a fucking holiday) there are more polling places open than during early voting so 2 different animals.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:39

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Just for the sake of it I went to google and roughly counted.... the lot has 120 spots. Let's take out 20 for poll workers. That leaves 100. Imagine the line during a general election the last time you lived in a populated urban area.... that's not nearly enough.

But we're not talking Tuesday - we're talking days and days and hours and hours of early voting. Obviously we have no one available to count for us but I'll bet that lot is empty more than it's full. On General Election day (which I still think is the only day we should vote - make it a fucking holiday) there are more polling places open than during early voting so 2 different animals.

I'll be there to count goose. I'll let you know. Promise it won't be empty.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: got inside there was no one telling you or a map of which district is which. I saw people wait in 15 minute lines then told they had to go to the back of the other line because they guessed wrong.

So you were so uninformed that you didn't know your own voting district? And you want to blame others for not having a yellow brick road for you to follow? You're that uninformed and you want to help make decisions regarding the direction of our country? That's fucking inspiring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:42

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: got inside there was no one telling you or a map of which district is which. I saw people wait in 15 minute lines then told they had to go to the back of the other line because they guessed wrong.

So you were so uninformed that you didn't know your own voting district? And you want to blame others for not having a yellow brick road for you to follow? You're that uninformed and you want to help make decisions regarding the direction of our country? That's fucking inspiring.

Jesus fucking christ goose fuck you just read the goddamn paragraph.

I knew which district was mine. Other people are not aware if they are 43 or 44. Or whatever the number is. An understandable thing in my opinion. Now, I was standing around telling people where they need to be based on where they live. But i shouldn't need to do that.

And, I guess I should add.... I've voted in almost exclusively white districts as well. Both maps as well as parking are provided in ample supply. The "yellow brick road" is in fact laid out there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Jesus fucking christ goose fuck you just read the goddamn paragraph.

I knew which district was mine. Other people are not aware if they are 43 or 44. Or whatever the number is. An understandable thing in my opinion. Now, I was standing around telling people where they need to be based on where they live. But i shouldn't need to do that.

And, I guess I should add.... I've voted in almost exclusively white districts as well. Both maps as well as parking are provided in ample supply. The "yellow brick road" is in fact laid out there.

Would it be racist to ask the color of the poll workers?

One thing that has always struck me as weird is that when you see stories about fucked up polling places, voting machines, etc, etc in the inner cities it's not whites in charge of these things it's blacks. Furthermore it's Democrat Blacks like County or City Clerks - yet white Republicans get blamed for suppressing the vote. That's racist bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:47

For the record I don't think I've ever owned or worn a piece of everyday camo clothing. I have owned hunting gear.
My kids have and wear such clothing occasionally.

Does this make them the "wrong" kind of people that Hills should mock them?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:47

I mean..... if you read the paragraph.... I specifically said "I don't know if this is really voter suppression or just incompetence that isn't being fixed by whomever is supposed to fix it." I haven't bothered to look into the details of who organizes it because it really doesn't matter enough to my life to find out as it won't change anything.

And in answer to your question.... yeah, kinda.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 23:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean..... if you read the paragraph.... I specifically said "I don't know if this is really voter suppression or just incompetence that isn't being fixed by whomever is supposed to fix it." I haven't bothered to look into the details of who organizes it because it really doesn't matter enough to my life to find out as it won't change anything.

And in answer to your question.... yeah, kinda.

Most likely the local poll workers have little to do with it. BUT in Detroit/Wayne county - who do you blame it on? Philadephia? Etc, etc, etc. It seems like people are afraid to delve too deeply there because of the fear of just that - being called a racist. But if it's Black Democrats running the voting from top to bottom could you take a moment and tell me how Republicans are to blame for the screwups?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 23:11

I didn't blame republicans goose. Please read. for the third time I'm going to say this. And I'm going to say it very very slowly so you can understand.

"I.... don't.... know.... if.... this.... is.... really.... voter.... suppression.... I.... was.... talking... about.... other..... things...."

I only brought it up because you specifically mentioned parking and it just so happens that that is a major problem where I vote.

To address your other point- why haven't I looked into it? Time I guess. I got other shit to do. I rent bro. I won't live here next year. It certainly has nothing to do with race though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 11:00

I thought this thread was for talking to each other nicely?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 11:23

xsanguine wrote:I thought this thread was for talking to each other nicely?

We can't do that here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 7:50

LooseGoose wrote:

Slide this up to the 58 minute mark and start there.

The "3" things she talks about  - #1 is a joke - getting the economy working for all not just the elites?   What has President Obama been doing for 8 years?
#2 is OK, who would argue with that?
#3 "we need to bring our country together, overcome these divides"
                            Boy that sounds good.

Compare that to "clinging to their guns and religion" from Obama.

Then she segues directly into basically blaming R's for burning a church in Mississippi and the water in Flint - that's bringing us together.

Now skip up to 1:02:25 if you don't want to watch it all.  And this is the tone deafness of Today's Democrat party.   Right after talking about
"common sense" steps to reduce gun violence which coming from her sends a shudder through outdoorsmen....what does MsBridgeTheDivides do?

She starts mocking Trump for wearing a "camo" hat.   Doesn't she know that by extension she's mocking a good chunk of rural America?  This was
the same woman that 4 minutes earlier wanted to unite the country???   Now she wants to make fun of 50% of the country?  Completely tone deaf.

Then right back into keeping guns out of the "wrong" hands. Doesn't she see the connection to be made there?

Mock someone for wearing camo.= equals they're the wrong kind of people = we should laugh at them = and make sure they don't have guns.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.
I appreciate your words.

and what I appreciate most are all of the similar threads you started when Trump denigrated Mexicans, Muslims, women, veterans and the disabled.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:09

I can't wait for this clown show to be over so we can be slightly less assholish to each other.  sunny
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:11

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait for this clown show to be over so we can be slightly less assholish to each other.  sunny

Fuck off. My hatred for you isn't coming to an end. It's only beginning. You piece of human filth.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I can't wait for this clown show to be over so we can be slightly less assholish to each other.  sunny

Fuck off. My hatred for you isn't coming to an end. It's only beginning. You piece of human filth.

Please die. Jump off a building, drive head on into a wall with no seat belt, I don't give a fuck as long as you end up not of this world anymore. Everyone will be happier with you gone.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Please die. Jump off a building, drive head on into a wall with no seat belt, I don't give a fuck as long as you end up not of this world anymore. Everyone will be happier with you gone.

This summer I'm going to choke you to death with a pool noodle. That way, as the life squeezes out of your neck, the last thing that goes through your head will be "a fuckin pool noodle? That's how I go down? Goddamn he was right this whole time. I really am pathetic."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:21

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

This summer I'm going to choke you to death with a pool noodle. That way, as the life squeezes out of your neck, the last thing that goes through your head will be "a fuckin pool noodle? That's how I go down? Goddamn he was right this whole time. I really am pathetic."

That's going to be difficult to do since I'm going to have you killed by drowning you in a vat of Cheese Whiz before next summer. You're going to get a Christmas present to tour the Cheese Whiz factory. You're going to be so pumped to see how your favorite food is made you won't notice me coming up behind you to dump your ass head first into the open cheese vat.

Sorry I ruined the surprise.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

That's going to be difficult to do since I'm going to have you killed by drowning you in a vat of Cheese Whiz before next summer. You're going to get a Christmas present to tour the Cheese Whiz factory. You're going to be so pumped to see how your favorite food is made you won't notice me coming up behind you to dump your ass head first into the open cheese vat.

lol not a chance I hell I'll drown before I eat it all you stupid stupid stupid stupid.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:29

26x42
6'9
134 lbs
Rhr 27
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

lol not a chance I hell I'll drown before I eat it all you stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Either drown then or die of congestive heart failure a few hours later. Win/win.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 11:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and what I appreciate most are all of the similar threads you started when Trump denigrated Mexicans, Muslims, women, veterans and the disabled.

Those were all made up stories.

Trump loves them all, the media just doesn't want you to know that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:11

Since you requested an update Goose.... there is nowhere to park.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:13

I'm in line Goose. Outside, since the building isn't big enough to fit the line. Good thing it's warm eh?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and what I appreciate most are all of the similar threads you started when Trump denigrated Mexicans, Muslims, women, veterans and the disabled.

Those were all made up stories.

+1
Trump loves them all, the media just doesn't want you to know that.
Guys?   While we're talking nice....let me walk you through some parts of a Hills speech in Detroit today. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:40

A half hour later I'm still in line goose. I'm inside now though, so that's nice. It started to rain a little.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:52

Just voted. No line. Would have taken me longer to go through the drive-thru at Chik Fil A.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 10:54

45 minutes, still in line. It's fine, i told my boss it would take awhile.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 11:21

Hour and ten minutes Goose. Not too bad. Now to walk back to the car.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 11:24

I stood outside for 10 minutes before the doors opened at 7:00. Once it got going, the line moved pretty quick - I was the 54th person to slide my ballot into the machine by 7:20.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 8 Nov 2016 - 11:26

I can just drop mine in a box you guys.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down